Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Foods You Miss From When You Were Little? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Food Types Missed
  Junk/Snack
  Cereal
  Candy
  Lunch/Dinner
View Results

Milady D

8,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:42 pm
I used to love these raspberry candies that were a bit like Tums in shape. Yum! Can't remember what they were called - now, at my age, the closest taste I've found to them is the berry version of Pepcid Complete! sad  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:45 pm
I miss most of my mom's homecooking before she stopped completely. She made the best stuffed bell pepper with rice and tamale pie! xD

And someone else mentioned Vienna Sausages, I miss those too, although I think I ate too many when I was younger. I miss the metabolism I had when I was younger too. :[

Mikiba

Flink.Pamingo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:51 pm
Nik-l-Nips. They're little wax bottle things filled with some sort of liquid. LOVED those as a kid. Mostly for chewing on them while they still had the liquid in them. Heh.

Didn't they take that Big Chew gum out of most stores because it encouraged tobacco use? (The idiots)

Vienna Sausages... Flink's pretty sure THEY don't taste like they normally did.

Bacon Cheddar Cheetos... Never had 'em. But Flink does LOVE Andy Capp: cheddar, bacon cheddar, and hot fries.

On Doritos, she's gotten to where she prefers the off-brand nacho chips more. Not as heavily seasoned, and the seasoning tastes less like chemicals and more like cheese.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:16 pm
Orbitz. It was a drink with these circular things in them.

The McDonald's Pizza - I miss this!  

Sapphire Waterlilly

KaleKatsura

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:44 pm
Sapphire Waterlilly
Orbitz. It was a drink with these circular things in them.

The McDonald's Pizza - I miss this!

It was like, yogurt balls or something. And I miss those pizza's too. But, the one thing I REALLY miss...Mellow Yellow. I mean, where I live, they either dont carry it, or when they do, we cant afford it (Heh, Go Ohio!)

@Mavosa: I still have a can of that, never got to try it though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:35 pm
Progresso Tortellini Soup is one that I really miss. I can remember being a kid and getting so excited the first day it was cold and rainy- because I knew that would be lunch.

My great grandmother's afternoon tea. She'd traveled by ship to England much earlier in her life, and had liked the idea of afternoon tea so much that we always had it when I saw her. She served a strawberry tea, with her own scones, home made double cream, and her own jam. Then she'd serve little sandwhiches- usually something like chicken salad, but occassionally there would be a cream cheese and cucumber one. Then she'd always serve a tiny slice of this chocolate and orange torte she ordered from Europe.

The other thing I miss was from a company called Ye Olde Candy Company (it might have been Shoppe). They sold these candies called Peppermint Humbugs. They were a golden hard candy, shaped like a pyramid, and had a chewier center (they were still pretty firm). I loved those things. They were the perfect candy for a hot day- they started out a little ackward because of the shape, but the flavor was amazing, and one would last for hours.  

ThornedRazor

Conis

Obsessive Hoarder

39,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:37 pm
I missed bottlecaps for a long time, hadn't seen them in years... thenthey popped up in a dollar store.

Toffifay's another I hadn't seen in years, then started finding them in one specific drug store =)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:35 pm
My Father's Paia  

NecHocNecIllud

Shameless Exhibitionist

36,375 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Kiana_Pryce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:52 pm
Okay I miss Fudge Town Cookies , 6 came to a pack they were like the perfect snack !

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:49 pm
I honestly can't think of anything! Well, I did think of Dilly Bars. But you can still get them even if they don't seem to taste as good as I remember.  

Ultra Fabu

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:55 pm
I miss Peanut Butter Boppers...

I do not remember the name, but they were like the cheese stuffed pretzel bites, but they were a chip outside and cheese or ranch inside, and they were round and bumpy like if they took a ripple chip and wrapped it around a filling and cut them.

I miss Campbells Chunky Chicken Mushroom chowder soup too  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:01 pm
I too miss Fun Dip and Crystal Pepsi.
You know what I really miss though? "Chicken Littles" from KFC! They were mini chicken patty sandwiches. Just chicken and mayo on small buns. I used to get those as a kid in the 80's all the time! They were my favorite! The other stuff just aint the same. I wish I could share those yummy sandwiches with my Toddler. He'd probably love them too! 3nodding

Aiyana_of_Limdule

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

LadyJ86

Devoted Hourglass

13,225 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Ally Up 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 am
*sighs* I miss the instant oatmeal that came with the fruity-sugary *shrugs* syrup you made designs with on top. You didn't get a lot but it tasted fantastic. Didn't matter what the oatmeal was.

And Zagnut bars. Haven't seen them in forever....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:24 am
Come to think of it, Flink misses Crystal Pepsi as well. It was made of awesome.

They should so bring it back. For it to have been so "unpopular" Flink sure knew a LOT of people who liked it.  

Flink.Pamingo

Agent Ginrei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:16 am
I just miss when stuff tasted good. Like Icees, or twinkies. Last time i tried an Icee, it'd been years since my last one. And it tasted like something i should be cleaning my toilet with. Everything is made with nasty chemicals, it's so gross. sad And of course i miss my mum's cooking. Mmm... noone could make an apple pie, leek and potato soup, or steak and kindey pie like she could.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff