Reply Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics
Tell Us What You're Reading Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bittersweet world girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:37 pm
...finished reading prophecy of the sisters by michelle zink last night...started daniel x; watch the skies by james patterson and ned rust and also stargirl by jerry spenilli( have to cause of school>>) and am going to start vampire kisses blood relatives,voume 2 very soon( once i finish these two other books..:-]) and thats about it for now..... xp  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:12 am
Freedom Fire
XWraith_LordX
I'm still reading Don Quixote, it's taking me forever! I wish I had more time to devote to it...

I'm also trying to finish the Dune series even though it's getting a little too political for me.

I'm also reading The Divine Comedy, I'm taking my time with it. I only read it if I'm stuck at the airport for three hours or I have to sit in a boring office for a while.

Is Don Quixote good? I played the guy in my school production of Camino Real, the story sounds kind of interesting.

Don Quixote is amazing. Everyone should read it at some point in their life.

Jonathonn
I am currently reading Velocity by Dean Koontz (my first book by him so far, and I look forward to more, so far it's VERY interesting). It's about a man who is greeted by a note on his window, from a killer. Through a series of notes, he has to choose what person to save and which one to give away to the murderer.

Koontz was good for a while. He can write good stories, but after enough of them they are basically all the same. I can't even stand to read most of his later work, as the metaphysical junk he dwells on is repetitive nonsense that detracts from the stories. A guy I knew once made an interesting observation about Koontz. He said Koontz's books are best at the start, the first hundred pages or so. Stephen King is the opposite, with his last hundred pages being the best. We just need those two to work together, and maybe find a third person for the middle, and we will wind up with an amazing book.

As for me, I am currently reading a book called The Third Wave by Alvin Toffler. The book is something like 30 years old, yet it is better at explaining many things that are happening in the world than most things written in this decade.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:45 am
I hope no one takes me lightly because all of you read fascinating books.
I'm reading "the return of the king" (yes the one from the Lord of the ring series).  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:55 am
I'm currently reading a volume of the Sandman series, and am in love with it.

I'm also half way through: two Ray Bradbury books (Halloween Tree, Dandelion Wine), American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and The Host.

Everyone tells me that The Host is waaaaaaaaaay better than Twilight, and so far I have to agree. It's been pretty decent.

I have some H.P. Lovecraft stuff I want to finally read. Also, I'd like to reread Stephen King's Salem's Lot. Oh! And the book, House of Leaves.  

PetreyDish

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:53 am
Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:32 pm
The Silence of the lambs
thomas harris  

xX x0mbie Xx

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:21 pm
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 pm
Oh my gosh, me too! ^^
Memoirs of a Geisha - Athur Golden
(I'm around page 160 right now, actually)  

Angel of the End

Jellyrum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:04 am
i'm reading blue is for nightmares. it's great.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:51 pm
Servant: The Awakening by LL Foster, read it already, re-reading it for a book report ninja
Cnt wait to start Brisingr  

Monsterr Teen

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 pm
Angel of the End
Oh my gosh, me too! ^^
Cool! biggrin

I haven't been able to put it down since I picked it up, I'm actually behind on my class work because of it. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:28 pm
XWraith_LordX
Angel of the End
Oh my gosh, me too! ^^
Cool! biggrin

I haven't been able to put it down since I picked it up, I'm actually behind on my class work because of it. xd

Same here, I actually got mine taken away from me in art class today.  

Angel of the End

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:06 pm
Angel of the End
XWraith_LordX
Angel of the End
Oh my gosh, me too! ^^
Cool! biggrin

Same here, I actually got mine taken away from me in art class today.
I'm on page 370 now, I can't wait to finish it. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:35 pm
The Bancroft Strategy - Robert Ludlum

Almost finished though..Dunno what to get next.  

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Dark_Midnight_Flames

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:31 pm
I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer....It's totally different from Twilight...It's actually really interesting and easy to get into.  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff