Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witch/Wiccan/Pagan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.dances.with.bunnies.]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:41 pm
I go by pagan. i'm not sure "witch" would fit. i'm not a spell happy fluffball, but I got permission from my friend and am trying a protection spell on her. ^^ I do it once every moon phase.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:15 pm
well.........I called my self Wiccan untill a bunch of people around here started yelling at me for it and saying i was ignorant. stare Usually I call my self a Witch, or if they ask me to clarify a Kitchen Witch. Pagan is just to broad a turm for me. It covers so much. I started studying Wicca and paganism 6 years ago, I started calling myself a witch after my year and a day when I felt I understud what I had learned.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Neko- you're confusing yelling with correcting. After all, this is a rehab guild. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:17 am
I'm sorry, but that is what it seemed like to me. thats why i haven't replied to that forum.....everyone will just bash on me some more  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:23 am
Neko_Bast
I'm sorry, but that is what it seemed like to me. thats why i haven't replied to that forum.....everyone will just bash on me some more
i'm sorry you see it as bashing. really, we're just trying to correct what we see.

it's generally accepted, especially here, that in order to be wiccan, one has to have been initiated by a lineaged coven. in order to do that, one either has to be over the age of legal adulthood, or, in sugarrocks' case, have a parent agree. some of us think that a lineaged wiccan can initiate another without a coven, but it still comes back to a coven at some point being involved.

note, we are not attacking you. we are correcting something that some of us find rather disheartening. it literally is like reagun's sig says; i'm a self-degreed doctor, etc. anyway, i'm getting a little offtopic, so i'll leave it at that, for now.

personally, i don't know really what to consider.

i am a member of ADF, but, i don't consider myself a neo-druid. i don't think there really is a title i would feel comfortable with other than pagan. but i don't think even that word encompasses who or what i am, nor how i think and feel.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:24 pm
Neko_Bast
So, instead of supporting your position, you ignore those who know what they are talking about?

The ironic thing is that to this date, Reagun and I do not agree 100% on everything when it comes to the nature of Wicca. I play devils advocate because while I disagree with him, the nature of social dynamics demands that if you are going to hold a sense of entitlement for anything- it is best that one backs it with reason.

I could hand you arguments that could start a bloody repetitive battle that calls into question every point of Reagun's Thesis. It's been done. The dead horse hasn't just been beaten, it's been turned into a paste and forced through a fine mesh strainer.

Critical Thinking is amongst the best tools to combat Fluffy Bunnieism, and instead of attempting to refute the points proffered, you ignore that which people who have been doing this longer than you have say. Why do the people who have been doing this so long open their mouths to begin with? To help you avoid the mistakes they made.

It's like the old saying- You can lead a Bunny to water, but you can't make them drink.

As this is a rehab guild, there must be some desire to defluffy. It's part of growth and the deepening of one's path. And it's a never ending road. Deo, Nuri, Reagun- we all correct each other from time to time. I love picking apart their arguments. It's mental sparing.  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:59 pm
read the other forum....I replyed to it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff