Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:01 pm
themagikat
Koneko_DarkLight
themagikat
the earth hasnt been around for ten billion years... so i dont know how ou figured out those days.

what makes you think that earth is the only planet with life on it.

mostly logic. im not doubting their age (well kinda i am) and i know that there are other realms beyond our own with different times etc, however... i dont see how he could possibly come up with the age of his soul. the earth spins on a revolution very specific to itself. years on different planets, or realms, dimensions, etc would all be different, much as a fingerprint on a person. stating he was exactly that many years old makes me wonder where his soul resided before earth and how did he know what a year was etc.

not trying to argue, i just want a bit pf proof leaning in his direction besides sheer faith in himself.

maybe theres some sort of universal time system and he converted it to earth standard...or maybe we should just wait for him to reply and see what he has to say.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:26 pm
Koneko_DarkLight
Darth_Gently
Koneko_DarkLight
themagikat
the earth hasnt been around for ten billion years... so i dont know how ou figured out those days.

what makes you think that earth is the only planet with life on it.

Because... Proof. The most evidence for other life is 2001, Rama, and H2G2. Namely, fiction.

Secondly, even then, the odds of another planetary system capable of supporting life with the EXACT same time system of ours is... Roughly the same for your computer spontaneously reappearing in your stomach.

I highly doubt those odds...the universe is supposedly infinite, plus there are parallel universes/alternate dimensions that havent even been taken into account.

I doubt they're close as well, but regardless....

Yes, the universe is infinite. But there is FINITE matter. In terms of percentage and ratio, therefore, the universe is empty, there is no people, no matter, no money, no sex, none of anything. Duh. And since no people, no one to create Time, therefore, no time. No age, nothing to have an age.  

Darth_Gently

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:27 pm
..........what?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:33 pm
*lurks in utter amusement, deigning to refrain from commenting*  

ceilisidhe

Darth_Gently

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:36 pm
If the universe is infinite, its the EMPTY SPACE, thats infinite. Matter is finite. There is a lot of it, but its finite. Therefore, speaking merely in ratios and percentages, theres--- Hold on, let me explain it for the layman. Let me put it this way. You think its a long way to travel to The otherside of the world, but thats just peanuts to space. Because there is infinite space, and only finite matter, there is relatively no matter in the universe. For every one Mole (The scientific unit of matter) there is Infinite empty space. In terms of ratio, therefore, there is no matter. No matter, no people, no people to invent time, no time no age, no us.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:43 pm
Speaking in terms of ratio, there is matter, there is us, there is people, there is time, there is age.....its all just very very very small compared to everything else.  

Tenebrion Valefor

Darth_Gently

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:00 pm
Koneko_DarkLight
Speaking in terms of ratio, there is matter, there is us, there is people, there is time, there is age.....its all just very very very small compared to everything else.

Hence, it gets to the point in decimal places we don't even have names for even scientific notation. Duh. Hence its moot. therefore none. Besides, its nigh impossible to find another solar system capable of sustaining life that would have a time system the same, or similiar to ours.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:39 pm
i like the random "duh"s that pop in there, darth. they amuse me

yes, there is a ratio, however because its 1: [infinity] against it might as well not exist. i can understand Darth's arguement as wellas yours, koneko, but the whole arguement on space and time isnt really the focus here. its determining how one can dicide the exact age of his or her own soul, which has apparently been done seeing as how we are argueing over it.

im thinking he lied about his age. he never posted again and to me, when reading the age, it sounded like a random jumble of numbers.  

themagikat

Damned666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:35 pm
I haev wondered the same thing many times before. Half of the time I dont feel that my name suits me, like it isnt really mine. Sometimes I even find myself answering to other names.
As for the age part, I do feel warn and degraded.
I almost joined a class once were they told people they could lull you into a trance so that you can see one of your past lives. But I didnt, and I regret it to this day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:51 pm
Damned666
I haev wondered the same thing many times before. Half of the time I dont feel that my name suits me, like it isnt really mine. Sometimes I even find myself answering to other names.
As for the age part, I do feel warn and degraded.
I almost joined a class once were they told people they could lull you into a trance so that you can see one of your past lives. But I didnt, and I regret it to this day.

Its total bullshit. Hypnosis is total utter bullshit. Its all an illusion. Man, I don't feel like going off on it at the moment.

Thanks, kat, but we were talking about the soul being older than the earth itself, and where it could have been from, and how you could accurately transfer time from one solar system to the next.  

Darth_Gently

themagikat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:46 pm
i admire your opinion but personally i think hypnosis may be a reality. it might be an illusion but i like to keep things like that a possibility in my mind.

just more sillyness from yours truly  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:48 pm
I feel as if I need to keep going, like I haven't experienced enough yet to get where it is I need to go. But I do know, some how, I share a connection with my spirit Guide Jasper, as if I was once his friend/gril friend/ family member, a close person to him.

I do know, however that a few of my past lives were lived as a man. That probably has to deal with my dreams, since in most of them I am a man or a boy.

Who knows, our souls do have a mind of their own. *smiles*

Soriana Leo

[[ neon.bonbon ]]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:19 pm
i feel i am an older soul
i cant say how old, but i feel i have been in love before.
things that have never even been remotely similar to anything that has happened to me seem familiar.
i feel like i have experiences and memories from other people
its really weird.
what do you think about that?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:36 pm
I might be. How old I'm not sure. I am just so very sensitive, even after being brought up in an environment that discouraged such expression from guys. Whereas my male cousins turned out tough and whatnot, I didn't. Even for my age, I just feel very old and very philosophical (which is evident in most of my poems). What's more, I experience deja vu all the time, and I'm of the thinking that deja vu is a brief reminder of a memory from a past life, due to highly similar circumstances surrounding your current moment. Alas, I can't say for sure, as I'm sure nobody can, how old my soul really is.  

Shadow Chyld

Athiel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:20 am
if I was any more spiritual than I am, I would certainly consider this possibility. I always seem to think in way larger perspectives compared to the people around me. Of course, this gives me infinately more worries and cares than someone else might have to endure.

It may be that I am but a recent incarnation of an ancient soul, but as i am a believer of the insignificance of life, (we live and die once, for no apparent reason, and that's it) I choose to blame a mere morbid mind among others.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff