Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kosai01
Crew

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:27 am
Kayonis, Manic and Sonia were all in baed at about nine thirty. Kayonis thohught about his race the next day. "I hope I'll be good enough." He whispered to himself. In the morning he wouldawaken and practice before eating breakfast and then a couple of hours before the race he would practice some more and the would also serve as his warm up.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:49 am
Dessenger woke slowly around 10:30 he could definatly feel the effects of his training last night. "Ow." he said has he sat up. "Hey wait Lightning's race is today. If hes anywhere near as good a racer as flamingstrom then this will be a good race." getting up quickly he straped his board to his back he went down to get some food.  

William Sstrider

Shirtless Gawker

Asuyuia
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:15 pm
Lightning finished the last lap of the make shift course feeling tired.
"Time to take a nap bro you look like you could use it after all that practice. You seem ready on terrain and the course in general but you seem to be holding back slightly under pressure,"said Flamingstorm after watching Lightning finish off.
"It is just harder to focus on my surroundings with another race right near me," said Lightning who was starting to doubt himself,"What if I mess up because of it?"
"Then do not look at them, if you keep focused on your self and the track and ignore them you will do better, worry about other racers when you have more experience," said Flamingstorm trying to comfort his brother."Lets get some rest you have done your best at practicing and we do not want you too tired to race," And with that they returned to the hotel room where Lightning took a nap and Flamingstorm sat on one of the chairs with a drink from the fridge relaxing but keeping an eye on the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow and Rogue did not sleep in the day even after staying up all night. Since they had relaxed and done very little they did not feel that tired.
"Going to watch the race today Shadow?"asked Rogue.
"You know I like to watch my competition to see weaknesses,"replied Shadow dryly thinking about seeing this Saleana for the first time since he lost his memory after the space colony ark accident with Sonic and him saving the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver Blaze and Amy were talking excited about the race but they were all against each other which was a hard thought for Silver facing his best friends in a race. Blaze and Amy also thought it would be hard to race each other but they did not worry about losing their friendship over it as they would all try there best and the best would advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was excitement in the air as the first race would start in a few hours and people knew hopes and dreams could be built up even though no one would be fully knocked out this race they feared losing as it meant another lose could knock them out...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:22 pm
Dessenger came back into the room. As soon as he saw lightning he made sure to to make any loud noises. "So you think hes gonna win i mean he is your bro." dessenger wispered to flamingstorm  

William Sstrider

Shirtless Gawker

Asuyuia
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 pm
"If he does not hold back I think he could beat anyone he wants but I think his fear might hold him back," said Flamingstorm watching his brother nap. "I think he wishes our mother and father could see him race but they died of an illness that spread through our village. I try to keep us living well but it is hard living off trick and street contest winnings. If one of us got some of the prize money from the top few places we would be able to do a lot to our small room that we live in," Flamingstorm thought about how they lived but he was just glad to have a place to call home and that he could share it with Lightning.
"What would you do if you won this contest?" asked Flamingstorm to break the silence. Flamingstorm checked the clock again but there was still plenty of time till he would need to get Lightning up for lunch and a warm up.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:53 pm
"I hadn't thought about that to tell you the truth." Dessenger replied "I'll think of something if i win."  

William Sstrider

Shirtless Gawker

Kosai01
Crew

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:04 am
Kayonis had been awake for awhile and was training hard. "Huff...huff...time...huff for a rest." He said falingto a knee. "That's it. A small warm-up before the race is all I'm going to go." He sat and rested for a bit before heading towards the race. A Mile away from the race he decided to make a makeshift track to warm up on. "Two laps and I should be ok." He said to himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:12 pm
The speakers went off as Dr. Eggman made an announcement,"I am sorry to say that due to a problem with the score keeping systems the race is delayed and expected to be at 11:00PM tonight which means it will be darker on the course with flood lights on but some straight areas might still have a large amount of shadows. We recommend racers all rest in the day time due to this late start time and all that are racing are expected at the track by 10:40PM"
((This is only delay for this race as I want to make it a night time race))  

Asuyuia
Crew

Saleana Faye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:32 pm
Saleana smiled at the announcement that was just made.
"Alright. So I've got my Chaos Rain down pat, my speed is getting a little better and race starts soon. Nothing can go wrong... I hope." She yawned and stretched her legs out.

"Well. Let's get this race started!!!"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 am
Flamingstorm woke Lightning up at around 7:00PM and explained how the race was delayed. They had a quick snack and relaxed getting their warm up in at 10:00PM and were at the starting gate at 10:35PM.
"Good Luck Lightning I will be watching from the V.I.P tower in the middle of the track (All racers get in the V.I.P areas and so do the staff not busy)
Other racers were starting to arrive as well now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver, Blaze and Amy arrived together talking friendly and all excited to race.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Sorry to force you characters here but it is race time)
Saleana and Kayonis were the last 2 to arrive and the V.I.P tower was filling up with racers and some staff not busy with the race but would be busy after.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How racing works:
I describe a section of the track giving you options on what you want to do and then you send me them in a private message so no one sees them (I will have already picked what my character does and the NPC controlled will tend to do the same thing)
After that there will be an update on how each racer is doing and the next section is described. Some sections will be larger than others as the first and last sections are the shortest for seeing what the other racers are doing and a chance to gain an early start or a quick taking of a higher place.
What you can do in between parts on the track:
Boosting(Air used is on terrain and course(professionals tend to use more but get a bigger boast)
Focus a stat so if your coming up to a corner you can allow you character to focus on cornering skills but this will lower another skill a bit so if you get 1 cornering bonus for a limited time you would lose another random skill this also works for focusing handling skills for going of a ramp and doing a trick and it also works for acceleration and top speed but this can be risky.
Attack nearby competition but this lowers all skills slightly for a short time and is for professionals only
You start with 100 air supply in your extreme gear's tank.
A boost uses a lot of air and so does drifting (explained later) tricks and skill short cuts allow you to gain more air but air is always going down and it can go down faster depending on weather and many other factors.
When you go into a corner you can drift but you lose a lot of air but it boosts your cornering skills a lot in the corner (also gives a mini boost when leaving the corner which gets you to your highest speed but due to the balancing of stat points when you change stat points your highest speed could be a lot less (in other words whenever a stat point gets a boost another one is lowered for how long that stat boast is there)
Taking skill shortcuts:
When you see the shortcut on the track you have to go to it and use it (you will mostly always get on it in the earlier races but harder ones will have chances to get on it)
Without further explaining let the race start.  

Asuyuia
Crew

Asuyuia
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:52 am
RACE TIME
All racers will get out of the starting area at the same time but different accelerations will allow some to get ahead first.
On this track at the moment a boast costs 25 air and a drift is currently 20 air (might change due to other factors like weather wind and other things changing but you are told with an announcement if this happens)
A B trick will recover 20 air
A BB trick will recover 25 air
An A trick will recover 30 air
An AA trick will recover 35 air
An S trick will recover 50 air
An SS trick will recover 70 air
A X trick will recover 100 air
This is for this race only at the moment as professionals get a different amount due to how much better tricks they can do.
Custom trick limit (amount you can pull off in this race) is 1 each lap making up to 3.
Stats of custom racers sad this is after course bonuses are applied so it might go over 10 slightly also after gear bonus so it might be very different than what you signed up with)

Lightning the Extreme Gear Racer
Acceleration: 4/5
Top Speed: 4/5
Handling skills: 1.5/5
Corning: 1/5

Saleana the Hedgehog
Acceleration: 4/5
Top Speed: 4/5
Handling Skills: 1.5/5
Corning: Poor 1/5

Name:Kayonis Echidna The Xx-treem Racer
Acceleration: 2.5/5
Top Speed: 2.5/5
Handling skills: 3/5
Corning: 2.5/5

No gear changes needed due to stat going below 1  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:07 am
Here is the first section:
RACE STARTS
Straight area (allowed to boast or focus a stat or do none or you can go in an air pit for however many seconds at 20 air per second)
First right turn (allowed to drift or do without drifting to use your cornering skills)
Straight area (allowed to boast or focus a stat or do none or you can go in an air pit for however many seconds at 20 air per second)
Ramp (Can do normal trick or custom one or ignore the ramp)
Second Right turn (allowed to drift or do without drifting to use your cornering skills or you can grind the rail skipping the corner but this is for speed types only)
END OF FIRST SECTION

This is when updates will be said you will find out placings and how all the racers are doing
Remember that you need to send me what you do at each option in a private message (you can only do one of the options in brackets) and when everyone has, the updates will be made with announcements and what characters are doing also it will say there air supply and then the next section will be up. Air pits are for fully seconds only no half seconds please. You can not go over 100 air in your extreme gear's air tank.
This race has 4 sections:
The first is half the first lap
The second is a full lap from half way around the lap
The third is also a full lap from where the last left off
The last is the final half of the final lap
After this there is an update on what place everyone came and what happens to each racers. This will then be updated onto character list  

Asuyuia
Crew

William Sstrider

Shirtless Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:19 am
"Well this should be exciting" Dessenger said setteling in behind flamingstorm "I'm rooting for your bro."Kicking back in his chair he took a bite from his hamburger "So whodo you think is the faverite to win the grand prix."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:21 pm
"Honestly I think me or Sonic really,"Said Flamingstorm,"As the only way Jet got in the finals last time was cheating against me and the only way he won the finals was cheating against Sonic,"
"As for the other racers, most of them I have not seen in the big contests so I can not say about them, Lightning I think might be able to get quite far if he can focus but he is not really ready for the big races but I hope he proves me wrong,"  

Asuyuia
Crew

William Sstrider

Shirtless Gawker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:29 pm
"Well you better keep an eye on me. Cuase the second you look at the other compeators i'll be far ahead of you in first." Dessenger said eating some fries  
~Train Station~(Rp Subforum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff