Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Let's try this again. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:00 pm
Alright, well.....If I may offer my services.

I am a Moderator on a different avatar website called "Kinsaki" and on there I deal with the whole website forum and myself and other staff members also come up with the events. Saying that, I have experience in putting events together and all that good stuff, so if you should feel like you need an extra hand, I offer my services to you.

Also, if you click in my signature, it'll take you to a guild that I MOD in...I put this "back to school event" together and funded most of the prizes myself.

For APG, I think it needs an event to bring back members and bring in new members.

I've been thinking about an event that could be called " All Around The World ". That pretty much can mean anything but well....if you'd like to know more about this idea, feel free to contact me and I will see what I can do to help out APG. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:45 am
metamonkey
Oooo, I just got an idea,

since most of everyone's talking about videos and cams, what about a "Post Your Video" topic?

we can have moving pictures instead of just still-framed ones.
ninja
i like that idea! it would be kinda fun watching them

also maybe we can do like a photoshop contest. like once a month a mod will post a picture of something random like hello kitty one month and an apple another, then after a deadline, people vote for the best or the mods decide the best. the prize could be optional. the mods could decide if they want to give out prizes  

RAWRpham

hello kittye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm
I don't know if this is possible in this guild or even something the guild would want but a good way to get people to post a lot is having a ranking system determined by the number of posts you have. I was in a former guild where a medieval ranking system was used with peasants being new members with few posts and Lords and Ladies being a much higher Mod rank. People posted a lot. The only downfall is the work that would have to be put into it. Counting posts, ranking people up, keeping track. In the guild i spoke of we had a moderator that was a programmer and he made a special program to keep track. It's just about how much time you're willing to put into it and how much time you actually have for it of course. Another problem is spammers looking to up postcount. That would have to be controlled by the mods.

Also in my opinion, a mod should welcome every new member. I see a lot of threads in the introduction sub-forum and hardly anyone is welcomed. You can't expect for users to post where they don't want to. The Mods could take charge of a special person to be a welcoming committee. If you welcome people it also encourages people to WANT to post. They then feel wanted in the guild.

Anyway i know im new and ive only been a member for a day but i have been looking around a lot. Im also not trying to be a know it all. Im just suggesting. So okay, Ive said my peace.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff