Mahrahia

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:16 am
I'd love to learn Japanese. I just gotta fit it in with my classes sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:18 am
Ok I havent been on for a while so here's todays lesson... sweatdrop sorry been busy lookin for a new tutor but anyway. I read a post in here that people should be careful on how you pronounce your words and there right. 3nodding You have to be careful because you don't want to sound like a transfestite words of my online hero koichi. But anyway there is something over there you also have to be careful of and thats not just getting lost. biggrin But seriously be careful how you put your words or you might sound like a typical stupid american or a gay terrorist and nobody would want that to be their first impression. wink So be careful and drive safe. xd  

Master cade

reverie25-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:39 am
Konichiwa-hello

Ohayou gozaimasu-Good morning

Konbanwa-Good evening

Minasan Konichiwa-hello everyone

O-genki desu ka?-How are you?

O-hisashiburi desu-long time no see

Youkoso-Welcome

Omedetou!-Congratulations!

Tanjoubi omedetou!-Happy birthday!

Akemashite omedetou gozai masu!-Happy New Year!

Anata no shusshin wa doko desu ka?-Where are you from?

Anata no kokuseki wa doko desu ka?-What is your nationality?

Anata wa itsu kita no desu ka?-When did you come?

kazoku-family

sofu+o-jii-san-grandfather  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:12 am
eek ...hmmm I didn't know thats how you say happy birthday sweatdrop  

Master cade

mushida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:54 am
i can only pronounce japanese right but i cant understand it xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:22 am
Ohiyo gozaimasu=good morning.
smile Its me again and I have great news 3nodding . I finally found a private tutor so now I can be even more help...soon. sweatdrop I will be starting after christmas soooo You guys have to paitent. burning_eyes I know it sucks but slow and steady wins the race. xd  

Master cade

angelpsyche

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:43 am
^^; i learned japanese when i was in college as part of my curriculum and somehow, i am still using or could recall few simple phrases that might be helpful...

biggrin ohayo gozaimasu(formal)/ ohayo(informal)- good morning

domo arigato(formal)/ arigato(informal)- thank you

konnichi wa- good day/ good afternoon/ hello(greetings)

konbanwa- good evening

oyasumi nasai- good night

dewa odaijini- take care

moshi moshi- hello(phone)

sayonara- good bye

ja ne- see you

ja mata- see you later/ see you again/ so long

wakarimasen- i don't understand

wakarimashita- i see/ i understand

gomen nasai- i'm sorry

sumimasen- excuse me

ikimasho- let's go

chotto matte- please wait

yameru!- stop!

damatte/ damare- shut up!

^^; well, i guess you need a phrase book to learn more phrases and a dictionary to widen your vocabulary. if you wanted to learn how to read japanese characters, that is a bit difficult because they are using three kinds of characters. hiragana, katana and kanji. ^^; and i really find it difficult learning them myself. so learning them will require many dedication and time. how about enter a language school?

anyways, i do hope you'll learn the language... faito!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:47 am
Master cade
Ohiyo gozaimasu=good morning.
smile Its me again and I have great news 3nodding . I finally found a private tutor so now I can be even more help...soon. sweatdrop I will be starting after christmas soooo You guys have to paitent. burning_eyes I know it sucks but slow and steady wins the race. xd

wow... pretty neat... good luck on your studies... faito!!!  

angelpsyche

Vaknar21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:06 pm
You are all really neat for knowing some amount of Japanese. Best to the luck of you.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:39 am
Im trying to learn it myself,I know several words and know what some kanji (symbols) mean but Im in no way fluent yet crying But,I have found this nifty little app on myspace,you can add it to your profile and it tells you one new japanese word everyday.It shows how to spell it and its meaning and it also has a button you click and it has a voice pronounce it for you so you say it right.its awesome!
you need to log into your myspace account and up top hover over the word "more" a drop down menu will pop up go to "apps gallery" then up in the upper right corner there is a search box,type in the word "japanese" and its like the 3rd or 4th one down on the page,its called "japanese audio word of the day"
The one problem I am really having as far as learning the language is having someone else who speaks english and japanese to speak with me so I can practice...  

ll Fatal Charades ll

xXpunkfreakXx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:09 am
Ohayo gozaimusu. Watashiwa Freya desu. Hajimemashite.
Which translates as Goodmorning. My name is Freya. How are you?
I tryed to teach myself Japanese a few years ago but now I've nearly forgotten it all because I haven't done it for so long. But I 'm thinking of trying to learn it again.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:26 pm
1 Ichi
2 Ne
3 San
4 Shi
5 Go
6 Roku
7 Hachi
8 Shichi
9 Ku
10 Jyu
1-10 in japanese for you! smile  

Spinningthread

Fashionable Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

jmpeer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:06 pm
Learning a language can be quite frustrating if you have no option but to COMPLETELY self study it....
like so many people...

or like me...
but there's a TON of resources out there for you to work with... on the computer, in your spare time, on the go...

And don't get Rosetta stone...
I tried it to review it, and there's better stuff for free... seriously...

But in order to learn it, you have to want to LEARN IT, not just like everyone else who wants to be able to understand animes and that kinda motivation.
Else it's a big memorization game!  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:57 pm
i learn from watching the anime  

I_Sweet Angel2

SeraphicAssassin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:03 am
I tried Mango Languages. It's free... I can't say if it's good though, because I suddenly became very, very, VERY busy with my studies so yeah... sweatdrop

Hmm... Considering my schedule for the next semester, maybe I'd be able to resume studying Japanese... Or better yet, sign up for Japanese classes! whee

An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff