Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like some gold for reading?
  Yes please :)
  Is it free?
View Results

NokomisSnape

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am
Random comment time...but I think frock coats on men are sexy as get out.....

Anyway, I've wanted a long leather coat for years and years...but when I find one, I can't afford it and when I can afford it I can't find one....

At least I have a long duster though...doesn't work too well in the winter though.....

It's more of a summer duster to be honest...and yes, I am a lizard person, I get cold no matter what. Winters just about kill me, yet I like the "less sun" thing in the winter. Spring and Autumn are my favorite seasons....warm enough to not freeze, yet cool enough for me to be fashionable.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:43 pm
Personally, I want a trench coat, I've always wanted one. I think it'd be cool to walk around with a shaved head and trench coat. My firends and I say I'm a skinhead goth, or " Skoth" But I just look like a skinhead. If I don't shave it I have a white- man afro. But I do like to joke around with people about getting a trench coat and suping it up to hold all my knives. But mostly that's because people think I'm homicidal.... And I love getting comments about how I look, even if they're some normie making a stupid insult that turns out to be his brain-child.  

JTHMFrAeK-Ghoat

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:44 pm
i'v been thinking about getting a trench coat and blasting a bunch of holes around the bottom of it and it's cape.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:06 pm
I get, I get it all the time actually. I got used to it, doesn't bother me, but if someone driving by and I just so happen to have something to throw I do so. My favorite is "Hey, nice dress!" I usually just take it as a compliment, as in I dress nice. 3nodding

I own four, a leather one, a velvet, a denim, and a cotton I think(not quite sure). I've been collecting them for about five years, and soon hope to get a knee high leather one, that should complete my collection, though I would love a white one but can't find one.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 am
Digital Malevolence
I get, I get it all the time actually. I got used to it, doesn't bother me, but if someone driving by and I just so happen to have something to throw I do so. My favorite is "Hey, nice dress!" I usually just take it as a compliment, as in I dress nice. 3nodding

I own four, a leather one, a velvet, a denim, and a cotton I think(not quite sure). I've been collecting them for about five years, and soon hope to get a knee high leather one, that should complete my collection, though I would love a white one but can't find one.
If you do find one, let me know. I'd like a white one to add to my collection. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:57 pm
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence

If you do find one, let me know. I'd like a white one to add to my collection. smile
Ok. I think I'll have to end up making one, though I need a working sewing machine before I do that.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

The Evil Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:15 am
I found a fairly nice trench coat hiding away in my basement in a box of my mother's old clothing. It's lightweight, made out of a thin windbreaker material, and it's just my size. It's perfect for mild weather, since it's neither too heavy or too light. I can wear warmer clothing underneath it if need be, and it's thin enough to still be comfortable in 60-degree weather. (Up here in Erie, PA 80 degrees F is considered hot, but we have a lot of humidity and are used to snow between Halloween and Easter)

The coat itself only need some minor fixing up. I just have to put new buttons on it and remove those damn ugly shoulder pads out from inside of the coat. I refuse to wear anything with shoulder pads. In my opinion, the effect of shoulder pads looks ugly.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:59 am
GilAskan
The trench coat has been a symbol ingrained in pop culture's mind for many years, and in many cases, it's viewed negatively. Not always, but many people do associate the item with a number of different things-

High Officers of the Nazi party wore trench coats. School shooter teenagers often have worn trench coats, because they conceal weapons well. Flashers wear trench coats because they easily cover and uncover. Drug dealers and con-artists wear trench coats so they can hide their illegal wares from certain passers-by. The extremely wealthy wear trench coats to keep their well-kept selves from the dust and trash of travel.

Trench coats obscure; their length and breadth are meant to protect, to obfuscate, evoking certain feelings to those who may see them. Many people look at trench coats as a sign of duplicity, of hidden agenda, of cloak-and-dagger, of surreptitious goings-on.

Though, every coin has two sides.

Others view trench coats as a symbol of the brave trench-bound soldier, battling yard by yard for Queen and Country. The trench coat is a sigil of the hard-boiled Film Noir detective. It's a modern cape for a rogue traveling the vast highways of America. It's the duster to our heroic cowboys. It's a warm cloak for gentlemen and women alike, evoking a grand age now past.

exactly. Sadly, most people only see the one.  

Angel of the End

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:04 am
Oh, and on a second note, I bought my non-goth boyfriend a trench coat ^^ Good will, perfect condition, all black, ankle length, neat design (it has a cape like cutting that goes around half of it and sides into the rest of the fabric) for $1.10. Special sale, I ran in soon as they opened, saw the coat, nearly died running to grab it before someone else did, bought it, gave it to my boyfriend, and it fit him perfectly and he loves it heart it also is not too thick, so you can still wear it during spring.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:02 pm
I bought my last one in September, and I already want another one. I really want a new leather one, one thats tighter around the waist area, but I don't have enough money to go and get one. emo  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 pm
Digital Malevolence
I bought my last one in September, and I already want another one. I really want a new leather one, one thats tighter around the waist area, but I don't have enough money to go and get one. emo
I found a really gorgeous red one in Budapest, but it was so expensive, my eyes burnt out of my skull when I read the price tag. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 pm
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
I found a really gorgeous red one in Budapest, but it was so expensive, my eyes burnt out of my skull when I read the price tag. burning_eyes
I don't like red. However, I found a really cool black leather one that fit my body shape perfectly and had a really cool crimson satin lining...I wanted it really bad but it was around $600. emo  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:09 pm
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
I don't like red. However, I found a really cool black leather one that fit my body shape perfectly and had a really cool crimson satin lining...I wanted it really bad but it was around $600. emo
It was like a deep blood red shade.

We need to have a fun for you so can get your coat. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 pm
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence

I guess that would be fine, I'd have to see the coat first before making any judgments

The coats probably gone by now. emo  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 pm
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence
XWraith_LordX
Digital Malevolence

I guess that would be fine, I'd have to see the coat first before making any judgments

The coats probably gone by now. emo
Oops, I meant to type "fund". stressed

We need a fund for you to get your coat.

I hope you find it someday, if it is gone that is...  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff