Somewhat gothic
  Not really gothic
  Not really gothic but I still like them
View Results

WhiteZombieBoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:02 pm
_Built_to_Offend_666
OrDog
i think they are, their music is so dark and oh so um.. how do i put this um dirty whee they're so awesome

How can you say lyrics like "I want to ******** you like an animal", "She makes you hard", and "She spread herself wide out to let the insects inside" dirty blaugh blaugh blaugh

Nine Inch Nails owns. xd

"She spreads her legs wide open, to let the insects in.... "  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:11 pm
They're industrial.
Sometimes that consitutes goth. But it's really all a matter of opinion.
I'm not terribly fond of most industrial bands. Very few gain my attention. This one just happens to be so mainstream, you can't not know about it.  

Sulhir

Leaden B

Magic Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:14 pm
theres no point in labeling but they are electronic type of genre  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:38 pm
darkheart_vampire
I think labeling is sometimes very important. confused If there were no labels in music, it would be hard to find bands you'd like.  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

dita _von _teese

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:22 am
I talked to Trent about being "goth"... He hates the word in itself. He doesn't like being considered by tabloyeds "a goth sex god"...
I agree. Trent and the band NIN... Really are not gothic.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:49 am
I consider them to be mostly gothic... I mean, have you seen the music video for Perfect Drug?

And I was at a little goth music panel thingy once and they were talking about NIN.

So...  

ringwraith10

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:50 am
Mrs. Pink Eyes
darkheart_vampire
I think labeling is sometimes very important. confused If there were no labels in music, it would be hard to find bands you'd like.
That is a valid point.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:42 pm
Rekka Argonis
Hmmm, no not at all really....all the music i listen to is called Industrial Goth, most of it comes out of Germany, and little people even in germany know about it, in all reality, that is goth music, not NiN or Slipknot or things of that nature, of course this is only my opinion, but i believe my opinion to be true..>.>..

ur saying all gothic music has to originate from germany and has to be unknown by everyone else except for a crowd small enough to fit into a single closet? i understand this is ur opinion but id like to understand ur basis by it. because even tho id agree that bands like slipknot and even nin aren't really that gothic, there are semi-popular american bands (Murderdolls, Skinny Puppy, etc) that could be considered gothic, right?  

_Built_to_Offend_666

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:15 am
Just because people who identify with the gothic subculture are into NIN doesn't make the band gothic. Nine Inch Nails is industrial.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:12 pm
It doesn't matter if they are "goth" or not. Let's just call them rock and let it be done, shall we?

And by the way, I love NIN. <33

One [Disturbed] Chick

.x.strawberry.x.gashes.x.

Crumbly Connoisseur

14,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:33 pm
One Disturbed Chick
It doesn't matter if they are "goth" or not. Let's just call them rock and let it be done, shall we?

Thank you. I agree labels are important, within reason. All of this "semi-goth" "real-goth" "industrial-emo-chicken-goth" nonsense is just a tad much, don't you think?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:09 pm
nope not goth, but what the hell is the big deal anyways?  

Fallentowards

XxBloodyXWristxX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:31 am
ehh nin is actually classified as an industrial band -shrugs- but reguardless they are a good band wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:08 pm
MortSanglant
Just because people who identify with the gothic subculture are into NIN doesn't make the band gothic. Nine Inch Nails is industrial.

Correct.

They are NOT goth-rock, even if they are a popular band amongst goths.  

GilAskan
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:09 pm
.x.strawberry.x.gashes.x.
One Disturbed Chick

Thank you. I agree labels are important, within reason. All of this "semi-goth" "real-goth" "industrial-emo-chicken-goth" nonsense is just a tad much, don't you think?

I'd agree. In my opinion, it's one of two ways: goth-rock, or not. A band can't be "half-goth". A band could have "goth-rock influences", but that's a different matter....  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff