"Twilight" discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:49 am
I can't remember him literally forbidding her from seeing her friends...although I've been hooked on the other novels in the series too much to remember exactly the plot of Twilight. He watches her sleep because that's romantic...he makes sure she's safe while she's sleeping. He's a vampire so he doesn't need to sleep.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:42 am
Shadow__Dweller
I can't remember him literally forbidding her from seeing her friends...although I've been hooked on the other novels in the series too much to remember exactly the plot of Twilight. He watches her sleep because that's romantic...he makes sure she's safe while she's sleeping. He's a vampire so he doesn't need to sleep.

CHRIST. I remember him basically treating her like a child, but...

Urge... to write a satire... building...  

-Resurrected Writer-

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:00 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Shadow__Dweller

lol see I didn't think he treated her like a child, and if he did well I think she deserved it. Because I saw Bella being really annoying by not listening to Edward when he told her she was in danger..the amount of times she still went off and nearly got herself killed instead of listening to Edward..geez.. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:33 am
Thought you guys might like to read this article, "How vampires got all touchy-feely", on the BBC looking at how the portrayl of vampires has changed.

Kalvaya

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:22 pm
everyone has their view of them and what they should be like cool twisted whee xp ninja burning_eyes 4laugh arrow arrow arrow rolleyes arrow idea  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:11 pm
Shadow__Dweller
-Resurrected Writer-
Shadow__Dweller

lol see I didn't think he treated her like a child, and if he did well I think she deserved it. Because I saw Bella being really annoying by not listening to Edward when he told her she was in danger..the amount of times she still went off and nearly got herself killed instead of listening to Edward..geez.. whee

Don't get me wrong, Bella did behave like a child... but that really only goes further to show how unhealthy the relationship is. Now, an unhealthy relationship can be a good thing in fiction when it comes to developing characters, but when both the author and (much of) the fanbase believe that it is the perfect relationship, it becomes somewhat upsetting.

@Rose: Take, for example, the vampires of Antarctica who have horns on their forearms and guzzle semen instead of blood.  

-Resurrected Writer-

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Shadow__Dweller
-Resurrected Writer-
Shadow__Dweller

Don't get me wrong, Bella did behave like a child... but that really only goes further to show how unhealthy the relationship is. Now, an unhealthy relationship can be a good thing in fiction when it comes to developing characters, but when both the author and (much of) the fanbase believe that it is the perfect relationship, it becomes somewhat upsetting.

@Rose: Take, for example, the vampires of Antarctica who have horns on their forearms and guzzle semen instead of blood.

While their relationship isn't perfect it doesn't trouble me...because the way I see it is that they truly love each other and are pretty romantic, and anything that makes young people want that instead of a purely sex based relationship in today's society is a good thing in my view.
And like the writer of the article provided by Kalvaya says:
"This is a story, not of beastly excess, but of heroic restraint: Edward suppresses both his lust for blood and his physical desire for Bella, even refusing to kiss her in case he is tempted to "bite and drink".

It seems the vampire is no longer a marauding hunter of unsuspecting humans; instead he is a symbol of celibacy and common sense."
For a teenage story to be about celibacy and actual love in world conquered by the media where young people feel the need to grow up and become sexually mature, Twilight is a brilliant concept to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:36 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Shadow__Dweller
-Resurrected Writer-
Shadow__Dweller

eek confused surprised eek burning_eyes neutral . . . . . . . . . what. gonk gross. . . semen  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 am
Argh sorry about deleting your post Resurrected, I meant to just quote your post but I ended up editing it instead and it just messed up sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Argh sorry about deleting your post Resurrected, I meant to just quote your post but I ended up editing it instead and it just messed up sweatdrop

confused . . .whos question  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:42 am
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
Shadow__Dweller

Resurrected Writer  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:32 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
Shadow__Dweller

Resurrected Writer[/quote

neutral ooooohh. . . sweatdrop 3nodding sorry

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm
I looked up twilight. I cannot stand it. It is not a vampire movie. Vampires don't sparkle in the sun. The book seems to repeat itself.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:47 am
Airforce Soldier
I looked up twilight. I cannot stand it. It is not a vampire movie. Vampires don't sparkle in the sun. The book seems to repeat itself.

Unless you've actually read the book or seen the movie yourself you can't really say whether "it is or isn't" a vampire movie just from looking it up. But I don't like the sparkling in the sun bit either. At least it's different and doesn't follow the same old traditional rumours about vampires.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas