Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
DON'T CALL IT A DIET: My Life Style Change Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vistors
  +1
View Results

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:20 pm

*Falls over* Finally starting to feel a bit better. This stomach virus really killed me! I haven't really eaten much in like three days (and what I did eat didn't stay in long >_<) Lost almost 10lbs... though I know it's a horrible way to lose weight. I can't wait to start on the bike again!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:09 pm

So, the Dr office called, not pregnant and everything looks normal... So I just can't explain this weight gain... I haven't been eating more than normal, if anything, I've been eating less and better... I've also been using the bike 30mins a night... It's not fair... cry

Help anyone?

Call Me Stephanie

Starlurk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:29 pm
Have you noticed the weight gain physically? Or has someone said anything?

If you aren't taking actual measurements of body parts it could be that your weight gain is all because you're gaining muscle.

Also, I notice that sometimes my boyfriend will believe he looks fatter than he actually is (not that he's fat) and will freak out about it if he doesn't see any change on the scale. When in actuality, he looks the same.

If you don't think this weight gain is muscle based or even your brain freaking out on you, I'd go talk to a doctor about it. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:15 am
Hmmm... do you mean before or after you lost the 10lbs when you had stomach flu? Because if you gained it right back, it would be understandable, because you lost it due to an illness.

My first thought was that it's muscle, because the same exact thing is happening to me right now. I've been eating SO much better, exercising so much more, but I've been stuck between 190 and 193 for a while now.

Maybe you've been eating a lot of salt, or something? I'm not sure, but as Starlurk said, if all else fails, you could check with a doctor.

Kasumi Kama

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:12 pm

This is all before the stomach flu. I've been eating much better for a long while and starting to exercise more. I've been checking the scale every day and been totally discouraged to see my weight going up. At first I thought I was pregnant but I took tests and they were negative. I went to the doctor and he ran blood tests to check for pregnancy, thyroid problems, kidney problems, and a few others. Everything looked fine... so I just don't understand...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 am
I've heard that you shouldn't weigh yourself every day because for various reasons your weight can fluctuate but it doesn't mean all that much.

For example, if you drink a lot of water one day and eat a lot of salt you're going to weigh more than the day before. It'll also depend on when you weigh yourself in the day and what you're wearing at the time.

Seriously though if you're eating correctly, exercising, and your measurements are going down, it's most likely muscle gain.  

Starlurk

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 am
... My measurments aren't going down... I can't fit into my clothes anymore... >_<  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:04 am
Call Me Stephanie

Diet Tips
(I will add some interesting tips here as I come across them on other web sites)

> Eat very slowly. It takes your brain around 10 or 15 minutes to even tell your stomach that it is full. After a normal serving, wait before deciding you are still hungry.
> Brush your teeth after eating a serving, it will make you think twice before wanting to eat more.
> If your craving food without actually being hungry, chew some gum. Sometimes the habit of chewing food makes us eat more than we should.
> (From Lemon) Frozen fruit makes a good substitute for ice cream. (Also, making Popsicles with fruit would be much better than ice cream too).
> Make a switch from whole milk to a lower percent, it'll be a small change that can make a huge difference.
> Exercise! It can curb your appetite and burn calories!
> Eat low calorie foods first, you may be less hungry when you get to the high calorie foods.
> Eat three meals a day, this can prevent over eating later.
> Switch your fork to your non dominant hand--you'll eat much more slowly. That gives you time to recognize your couldn't-eat-another-bite feeling when it first sets in.

I love your tips defiantly the one about switching your fork to your non dominant hand smile  

Madame de Sousa

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:40 pm

I got them from various sources and I thought they could help people. ^_^

UPDATE: I got a dog yesterday so I'm going to start going for nice long walks with him. Hurray for being forced to exercise (don't want doggie messes on my floor! haha)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:38 pm
Call Me Stephanie

I got them from various sources and I thought they could help people. ^_^

UPDATE: I got a dog yesterday so I'm going to start going for nice long walks with him. Hurray for being forced to exercise (don't want doggie messes on my floor! haha)

What kind of dogs? smile

I have two rotties and they weight about 300 pounds together so walking them is fun when I'm home from college.

Madame de Sousa

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces