Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

24 Hour Story Mule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:46 am
My name is Nessa (don''t let the avi fool you wink ). I''m 21, going into my senior year of university and trying very hard to lose some weight while I''m at it. Last year, I hit my heaviest, weighing in at 173 lbs. Considering the fact that I''m only 5''3" tall, this was a bad thing and represented my losing of a battle I''ve been fighting with my self-image since I was around 12 years old. I come from a very over weight family, and for the sake of my healt, I want to lose some weight. As well as boosting my confidence.

I''ve set a goal for myself of acheiving the weight of 135 lbs. It would be a good weight for my height and my frame, and still allow me to keep hold of my dearly loved curves. At present, I wieght 165. I had been down as low as 160 lbs earlier this summer, but work has been adding muscle to replace the fat that I''ve lost.

I''m looking forward to being a part of this guild, because i know that somewhere inside of me, there''s a gorgeous, curvy woman screaming to be let out for the rest of the world to see and I''m hoping you guys will be the boost I need to get her out there. wink

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:58 pm
you are fabulously hot. really.

and we support you!  

Aeren
Crew

7Vigger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:37 am
name's Rob. i'm 6'3" and im currently around 270-280 pounds. ive been gaining weight ever since 7th grade untill my first year in college i had ballooned to 330 pounds. i decided then that i would try to lose weight.
started eating a little better and a little less at each meal. i cut soda out of my life entirely and drank only water. as for excercise? i played DDR every day for at least 30 mins.
after about 6 months of that i dropped down to my current weight. only problem is... if hit a snag. with my current job (Computer Tech/Network Admin) im not very active at work, and with the time i go in and get off of work, i dont have time to play DDR at the mall. i would play at home... but my neighbors arent all that appriciative of that idea.
my goal is under 250. i know i can do it. ive already lost 50 pounds i know i can lose another 30ish.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Let's see... I'm Rachel, and I've always been on the overweight side. Never obese, but just not exactly the healthiest person in the world. I'm 14 (almost 15), about 5'6 or 5'7-ish (haven't measured in a while), and I weighed 162 lbs. last time I checked. I know this isn't terrible, but I'd be way healthier at around 130-135 lbs.
I have an incredibly low self esteem and a lack of confidence so I strongly believe that being at a proper weight would help me tremendously. Not only do I want a proper weight, but I'd also like to be physically fit.
In addition to being physically fit and boosting my self esteem, I think I would feel more comfortable performing. I might even actually try out for our school's musical program called 'Visions'. This could have an huge impact on my future, what I do with my life.
Plus, I'd like to march a show, and not be completely out of breath. eyehartmarching.  

My Apologies

hiroshi726
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:32 pm
Hello my name is Frank and I started to notice that I was getting big when my parents got divorced,alot people said that I saw just in alot of stress and that food was like my only "portal" out of the real world. Im 14 years old and im 5'10", to tell you the truth I weight 265 pounds but this is actually a good thing ive been losing weight since I joined the rotc program in my school,before i joined I was almost 300 pounds and one day I saw myself in the mirror and I said i have to do something about it. I would be way better off if my weight would go down to at least 210 pounds becuase i went to my doctor and because of my body and the way it is I really cant go to like 190 or something like that but dont worry its not a bad thing its actually understandable. This is what the doctor said in car terms for some odd reason"ok because the way your chasy(sp?) is built if you lose wieght you'll just look muscular" and i was like ok so im not woried. oh i forgot to say i lost like 39 pounds in like 4 months and my mom told me that I losed weight to fast and that she was proud of me so thats whats keeping me going people believing that i can lose weight.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:00 pm
welcome everyone...  

Aeren
Crew

hiroshi726
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:05 pm
Aeren
welcome everyone...
Hello  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:19 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

GrayRayn

Darkdestroyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:36 pm
Hi, my name is Darkdestroyer. I decided to start losing weight as part of my New Year Resolution. I'm not obese, but I'm overweight. My BMI is like 26. I'm actually very confident and never worry about my weight, but then the hormones kicked in, and, well, to be blunt, I want to be more attractive to the girls! I had a great girlfriend and I'm meeting here again this summer. I just want to change and be more healthy and good-looking when I see here.
I'm Irish and I'm on the hurling team (look it up Americanos on Google, it's NOT getting sick rofl ) so I get a fair bit of exercise. I do need more though.
My main problem is my diet. I need support and motivation to stay off them sweeties, you know? If I can do that and keep exercising I know I'll be fine. Support me, and I know I'll support you all! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:40 pm
My gaian name is Dischord, obviously, but my actual name is Jeanna, though I prefer to be called Jen. I'm 23 years old, and what they term 'morbidly obese'. I'm not a very active person, nor do I have the greatest of eating habits, but I'm attempting to change it. My weight isn't so bad I can't walk, but it does cause me backaches and the like, when I'm on my feet for longer than a few minutes, and standing stationary.

When I last checked, I weighed around 450 lbs, and unfortunately, am only 5'6" tall. My weight has been fluxuating badly, so I'm not sure if I've lost, gained, or anything else. Its also difficult to find scales to check on, in the area I live in. I have a husband that supports me, and the rest of my family as well, but sometimes it just isn't enough. Sometimes, all of the love, and offers of help just can't get through.

I've been obese as long as I can remember, and have been trying, pretty desperately, to lose weight since I was younger. Diets never seem to work well enough, and I always fall off them eventually, lured away by a serious problem I have - I'm a compulsive overeater. I control it enough to not rocket my weight so high I turn into a vegetable, but sometimes I just need motivation.

I've started a new diet recently, or rather, I should say 'lifestyle change'. I know that if I'm not careful, I'll fall off this diet like I have every other that I've fallen away from. So anyway, yeah, that's me and my story.

Dischord

Nerd

wishcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:48 pm
Hello! I'm so happy that a guild like this exists.

My name is Kate. I live in southern California where all the girls are thin. I'm 5'3 and I weight about 145 pounds. My goal is to lose about 30 pounds. I want to feel comfortable with my body. I want to feel sexy. And I want to be more active. I may decide to join the military later and I'm over their standards.

I'm currently doing a diet called the 3-Hour Diet. It's amazing. It's a lifestyle change that I can get used to because I like to snack. That's my problem.

I hope to get to know you all better! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:10 am
hi people.
i'm Steph, vice captain of this guild.
i'm 18
and my reason for wanting to lose wight is because i want to feel good about myself and not feel jelous of all the skinny people i see about. i want to feel like an equal to them.
i've already lost alot of weight. i've recently put some on and have returned to the diet. before i put 7 pound back on i had lost over 70 lb. thought i'd share some before and after pic's

i know the quality of this one isn't great but i just like it coz it shows my hair before it all started braking off and thining. curse you evil diet.

User Image

below is me at my heaviest about 210 lb. (14 and a half stone) and i'm 5'4

User Image

i had this picture taken after i had lost some weight, i'm not sure how much because i wasn't mointering it when i first started.

User Image

this was me at about 12 stone (170 lb)

User Image

and this is me now at around 137 lb (9stone 11)

User Image

my goal is to get down to around 100-116 lb in 5 months.
i'll add a new pic if i make it  

Miya12
Vice Captain

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:36 pm
Hello, all. I'm sure you can read my name, so I won't bother repeating it. wink I've recently decided to get back to the fitness level I enjoyed in high school and college. I've joined Weight Watchers, and thus far I think it's one of the smartest things I could have done. Knowing that I have to weigh in every Sunday morning keeps me honest and on track, not to mention getting the support of all the other members. In less than a month now, they've already shown me a new way to look at food, new ways to measure my success, and new ways to cut back on the foods that are not in my best interests to eat.

At my heaviest weight, I weighed 235 pounds; at my lightest since attaining adult height, I weighed 124. I'm... somewhere in between that, now.

Weight Loss Goal: 22 pounds, which I may reassess when I get there.

Lifestyle Goal: Enjoy walking around in my city; enjoy travelling and taking walking or hiking tours as I visit other countries/provinces/states/territories.

Favorite Sin Food: Anything deep-fried, especially if it's starchy.

Favorite Healthy Food: Israeli salad (recipe follows) -- I could eat this every day and never, never, never get sick of it. That, or salmon or tuna sushi.

Israeli Salad

2 large or 4 small cucumbers, chopped (optional: peel first, then chop)
4 Roma tomatoes or 1 pound cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP lime juice
optional: 1 garlic cloved, minced finely
optional: handfuls of fresh basil and/or cilantro, chopped finely
optional: a large pinch of fresh dill or thyme, chopped finely
optional: 1/8 tsp (dash) cardamom
salt and pepper to taste

Toss together. Let stand half an hour to an hour before serving. Serves two as a full meal, 5 to 8 as a small side dish.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:29 pm
You can call me *chomp* for short! I live in Alberta and am 14 years old! I've been having a few weight struggles and my cholesteral is high and my family has a history of heart disease. I could stand a healthier prospect in life and to lose a few pounds....ThANX!

Ciao!  

chompy McChomp chomp

Chemicat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:17 pm
Hello all. My name is Dawn. I'm 22 years old. I've been a member here for a short while but never noticed this thread, so here I go...

I'm 5'6" tall, and right now I weigh about 230 lbs. My highest weight was 245 lbs, and in about three weeks I have lost around 15 lbs by counting calories and exercising for 40 minutes 5 - 7 days a week. 3nodding

This is the first time I've been this serious about losing weight, though I have tried and given up a few times before. It's also the first time I'm having any success... and it's not that hard, to boot! I'm actually having fun keeping track of what I eat, and working out. I always feel great after physical activity! mrgreen

My goal weight is anywhere between 130 and 150 lbs. I know I can do it, I'm on my way already! Yay!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games