Reply Fantasy Books Guild
your favorite fantasy creature Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:54 pm
I like sentient creatures, the more intelligent ones.
Like Merfolk, Nymph's, Dryads, Fairies, Elves etc.
And also Gnomes, and Goblins. They're always good.

But my favorite, although usually they're supposed to be evil, is the Drow. Although I've only ever found a few books with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:03 pm
Wissakins
Ok, I'm going to take offense to that. I'm sorry, but these ARE all fantasy creatures. They may be based on real creatures, but somehow I doubt there have really been manticores or dragons. Research would only tell us that people believed in them. They're myths and legends.

(I'm not trying to fight or anything, and I believe that you're both right. I just wanted to say something...)

If you think about it though, some of the myth's could actually be true. Because research says that certain animals have evolved from myths and legends. Like a Crocotta, its the result of a wolf, and dog getting together. It was supposed to be able to eat anything, and chew anything to pieces, and they say its now the Hyena.

What I'm saying is that, although most of it would be hard to prove, some of the myths, are real. And some people believe that most mythical beings actually did once live here. And honestly, why not?? Everything after time adapts, what if they were here, and they slowly adapted? A unicorn could now just be a normal horse??
You never know right??

ps. I'm not saying anyone has to listen to anything I've said, everyone has their beliefs and i respect them all.  

Quilue Lamia

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:08 pm
Quilue Lamia
(I'm not trying to fight or anything, and I believe that you're both right. I just wanted to say something...)

If you think about it though, some of the myth's could actually be true. Because research says that certain animals have evolved from myths and legends. Like a Crocotta, its the result of a wolf, and dog getting together. It was supposed to be able to eat anything, and chew anything to pieces, and they say its now the Hyena.

What I'm saying is that, although most of it would be hard to prove, some of the myths, are real. And some people believe that most mythical beings actually did once live here. And honestly, why not?? Everything after time adapts, what if they were here, and they slowly adapted? A unicorn could now just be a normal horse??
You never know right??

ps. I'm not saying anyone has to listen to anything I've said, everyone has their beliefs and i respect them all.

Mistaken identity is a little different than saying mythological creatures are real. neutral And unless you have solid paleontological evidence, there's no basis for saying unicorns/etc. were real. There is, however, fossil evidence of the way a horse evolved. None had horns.

And I'd like to note that the only fossil evidence of mythological creatures was proven to be a hoax. Until there's solid proof, I, personally, am going to live my life thinking that unicorns, dragons, etc. all only exist in imaginations.

That is, after all, the definition of fantasy. (:  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:16 pm
I love Sapphire, the blue dragon in Eragon.  

Nimue_of_Avalon

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:14 pm
NightIntent

Mistaken identity is a little different than saying mythological creatures are real. neutral And unless you have solid paleontological evidence, there's no basis for saying unicorns/etc. were real. There is, however, fossil evidence of the way a horse evolved. None had horns.

And I'd like to note that the only fossil evidence of mythological creatures was proven to be a hoax. Until there's solid proof, I, personally, am going to live my life thinking that unicorns, dragons, etc. all only exist in imaginations.

That is, after all, the definition of fantasy. (:

I was just stating my idea's. And as I said no one needed to read them. I'm a little weird sometimes.

And i know that there isn't fossil evidence on any real interesting fantasy creatures, I just think it would be neat if there was.
I could go on and change the subject to other things that don't really have any evidence of being real, and yet millions of people believe in them. But this is neither the time nor the place. (and i do believe if i did that i would start a riot...ack..not meaning to of course..!!)

ps. thanks for your input. twas good.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 pm
Hmm...

Dragons and Phoenixes, 'cause I'm being original!
(Is Phoenixes the proper plural by the way?)
Werewolves,
Solembum, the were-cat from Eragon(my first and only specific),

And last but not least, faeries.
The Aos-Sí though not like, disney type fairys.
I live near a faerie fort, and grew up listening to my grandmother telling me stories about the faeries she saw as a kid, so I'm kinda obsessed with them!

Foolish Catalyst

Foolish Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:55 pm
Oh, and gremlins!
How could I forget.
Again, the proper ones of 'lore, not the movie ones.

My friends and I sometimes adopt a gremlin which we named Christopher as our sorta mascot. He caused a bus we were on about a year ago to crash.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:59 pm
I'm all about the elves. heart heart heart I really have an unhealthy obsession with elves xd

I also love Sirens and Dryads.  

Kateryna of Kyiv

The Vorpal Tom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:41 pm
I would have to say the faerie folk. But, props and partial agreement must be given to the person who said zombies.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:54 pm
NightIntent
Unicorns. (:

I also like dragons, because they're just that awesome.

I agree, for the looks and also the way they are involved in most stories I read. Most of the time they are only in said book to reek havoc. But rarely sometimes they are used for good to help the main character in their quest or journey.  

Zaahir

Fowls-Girl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:19 pm
well....
faries, dragons, elves, wherecats, phenoxis, nymths, and other cool animals like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:08 pm
I love griffins and centaurs! This is mostly because in some of my favorite novels/ series (-es?) they are both portrayed as being extremely intelligent.

I'm not sure if they could be considered fantasy "creatures" but I love the Fates and Furies as well.  

ArtemisLiCa

The Ghoul In Pajamas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:14 am
I want to say Vampires, so badly. But too many books have ruined Vampires for me. Aw, nuts. VAMPIRES!!! I adore them.

I would also say Nymphs.

I am also partial to Dragons, but only when Terry Pratchett writes them. Because no one else has come close to making them as amazing as he has.

More being Terry Pratchett specific: Elves, Pictsies, Golems, Things, Anthropomorphic Personifications (ie Death, Time), Zombies, Dwarfes, Werewolves and Trolls. Terry Pratchett has a beautiful mind. He is a true genius, and I don't throw that term around lightly.

I also love Boggarts, Dementors and Thestrals, they may have appeared in other fantasy stories/folklore, but I have only seen them in the works of the wonderful Joanne Rowling.

Also, do Gods count?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 pm
i like griffins (like in Darklord of Derkhold) and the glassmen (from Inkheart series)  

chellybear10

ValHallaGirl

Kitten

12,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:03 pm
i love the lil darklings from Tamora Pierce books ^.^
and who cant love werewolves? i mean come on......lol  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]