Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Anpu's Sketchbook (Updated 01/24/11) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my style? Is there potential?
Don't quit your day job. Drawing's not for you...
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Sure, just keep at it...
88%
 88%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 27

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:49 am
I wouldn't worry about accuracy in technical things in this one. I think you're coming along. What you do need to do is establish your ground plane and place things so that they're showing where they are in space.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm
Digging the monsters there!

In addition to establishing the ground plane, try varying the sharpness of the contours for effect of depth. Your focal point should be sharp, and the rest of it blurrier, in order of importance/depth. Now you seem to be making everything the same, so it looks flat.  

Mogtoats

Anpu the black Seraph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:33 pm
I went back over this image and tried to finish the pencils. It looks a lot better I think. Not perfect, but I think I've shown some progress. I'm still working on the surrounded piece. It's taking me longer than I thought.

http://www.artbistro.com/nfs/artbistro/photos/0158/8120/battle_ready2_max600.JPG?1228086768
11-29-2008

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:36 pm
Finally finished. Yeah I know it took forever. Tell me what u think.

2/19/09

User Image  

Anpu the black Seraph

Anpu the black Seraph

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm
Some new works in progress. Just tryin to move forward. None are quite finished. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:32 pm
Your lines are getting more sophisticated and thoughtful looking.

What's the lean though? Put the page straight, directly in front of you when you draw. And sit up straight. or draw on an easel or drawing board or something and see if that lean goes away.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Anpu the black Seraph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:44 pm
Errol McGillivray
Your lines are getting more sophisticated and thoughtful looking.

What's the lean though? Put the page straight, directly in front of you when you draw. And sit up straight. or draw on an easel or drawing board or something and see if that lean goes away.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'lean'. Of course it might help if I wore my glasses or wasn't drawing in bed half the time. Guess I'm just glad to do any drawing right now.

And I just started taking the correspondence lessons through 'Art Instruction Schools' so hopefully there will be noticeable improvement in my drawings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 am
I would suggest you go to a comic book store and find a comic that is similar to your style, shouldn't be hard as long as you don't just go to find 1 your interested in, and see what things they do in their faces, shoulders and hands, and copy things like just faces or shoulders and hands. maybe get a few different comics to try to test other artist different styles and work own developing your own from them. Every one has their own style, such as eyes, and doing thins will help you understand what others do and what characteristics they put into them.  

KAKASHI no Hentai

Anpu the black Seraph

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:39 pm
I've added quite a bit of value, etc. I think it's finished. Let me know what you think i.e. suggestions. As always thanks. Still workin on the others.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:16 pm
He's back....Just something to kick off the new year. HOO-YAH!! Some brief demon face sketches...so let's do this! Much more to come.

User Image

Anpu the black Seraph

ahiru_chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:52 pm
ooh the top two demons look great but the female's boobs are not shaped right. Breasts are not that circular no matter how perky they are^^; Also you seem to have made them in a more frontal view than the rest of the girl. nice concept designs though =D  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 am
ahiru_chan
ooh the top two demons look great but the female's boobs are not shaped right. Breasts are not that circular no matter how perky they are^^; Also you seem to have made them in a more frontal view than the rest of the girl. nice concept designs though =D

Yeah I spent most of my time on the faces. Lol. I just drew the boobs in like a few secs namely to make it clear she was female. Just trying to draw something other than my main characters. And since demons are one of the dominant forces in my books, they were an obvious choice. Expect many more evil little scribbles and faces to come...  

Anpu the black Seraph

Anpu the black Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 pm
A little behind but heres some more. A few demon sketches.

User Image

One of the pieces I'm workin on now. The main character of one of the books I'm writing.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:55 am
While it's not as bad as before, your drawings still lean a lot. Avoid tilting your page and make a perpendicular guide so you can see the lean yourself as you draw to train yourself out of it.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Anpu the black Seraph

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:35 pm
Errol McGillivray
While it's not as bad as before, your drawings still lean a lot. Avoid tilting your page and make a perpendicular guide so you can see the lean yourself as you draw to train yourself out of it.

I'm workin on that. I think I have a habit of tilting the sketch pad when I'm drawing. I'm gonna try to make some light guidelines when I start a new drawing from now on. But what about the actual drawing?

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff