Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Do you know any other veg*ns in real life? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

P a n i c ali t y

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 am
Whoa. Hold up.
< 3 - - - || A l i || says

My brother's girlfriend, Meghan, is a veg*n. And she's talking my brother into becoming a vegetarian/veg*n.

On the other hand, I know plenty of vegetarians.
Besides myself, there's my sister, Sara; my brother, Derek (kind of); my friends Kattie, Grace, Mariah.

End of rant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:57 am
I know a few vegetarians,

My fiance is a vegetarian alllmost a vegan. I should really classify him as a vega-cheesatarian. Because the only animal product he eats is cheese. ._. And fake cheese eeeeeew. SO MUCH FAKE CHEESE. Much as I complain, he doesn't eat that much cheese anyway. I'm very proud of him.

One friend is a vegetarian, the other is a pescetarian. They both have unhealthy relationships with cheese.

My best friend is kind of a vegan though not really, she has all kinds of health problems and doesn't have the time or energy to maintain her health (which is hard at the best of times) on a true vegan diet, so she's vega-pescetarian. She is allergic to eggs and milk, and doesn't eat the land animals. But she does eat fish, mostly fish oil since I went vegan I think.

My other best friend is sort of kind of becoming vegetarian. But she's not doing it for the animals, she's doing it for her figure.  

Lady Schist

Panzer Madchen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 pm
My aunt is a lacto-ovatarian, if that counts.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:32 pm
Panic Sweet Ali__xx
Whoa. Hold up.
< 3 - - - || A l i || says

My brother's girlfriend, Meghan, is a veg*n. And she's talking my brother into becoming a vegetarian/veg*n.

On the other hand, I know plenty of vegetarians.
Besides myself, there's my sister, Sara; my brother, Derek (kind of); my friends Kattie, Grace, Mariah.

End of rant.

yes my friend mil.my cousin Stephanie and Lindsey are vegetarians..alsomy cousins husband.  

Polars_Rox_Your_SoX_X

hand_drawn_sneakers

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:15 pm
Philadelphia has a big vegetarian and vegan business, but that goes for a lot of large cities. There are a lot of vegetarians and vegans in art schools too. My roommate is a vegan and half my friends don't eat meat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 am
I have only met one other vegan in my life, before I met them I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian. I thought that they had to treat the cows and chickens right for them to produce but he informed me that the truth was far from it. I have a couple vegetarian friends, but one of them is a total faker. She always acts like she is a vegetarian because of the animals but when I told her about dairy and eggs she didn't seem to care. Later that month I saw her munching on what she told me was a tofu taco, but her sister told me it was made of cow. How can someone do that?  

Mei Megami

commander carrotsticks

Bashful Bunny

4,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:52 am
Mrs Joe Trohman
My Mom is a vegan. ^.^

gahh you are so lucky!!
my mom hates all things vegan. ]:<

my dad just became 'pescetarian', but i think he's more annoying now than before, as he always feels the need to justify his eating to me. -____-

however, two of my best friends are vegetarians! even though both of them eat gelatin and wear leather.. which i don't understand at all. '-___- still, at least its better than nothing.

i do know another vegan, but she lives about a half an hour away and shoots up all the time, so we don't talk that often. >.<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 am
Mei Megami
I have a couple vegetarian friends, but one of them is a total faker. She always acts like she is a vegetarian because of the animals but when I told her about dairy and eggs she didn't seem to care. Later that month I saw her munching on what she told me was a tofu taco, but her sister told me it was made of cow. How can someone do that?

gahh i know what you mean!
i have a friend like that too.. except it's one of those friends you just sort of want to punch in the face some times. >.<

commander carrotsticks

Bashful Bunny

4,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

angry lil emma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:11 pm
me an my best friend r vegetarians cool ummm... and so is my bro  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:33 am
I'm good freinds with some, and i have a LOT of aquatinces.
I had a freind in the tenth grade who first really introduced it to me. I tried going vegetarian, but wasn't really trying and aftr a month I went back to eating meat again*slaps self*
Then I found out two good, longtime freinds were vegetarian. That's when I decided to REALLY try, and I haven't touched, nor wanted meat scince. They're my, err... Support group if you will. =3
Then my best freind of 6 years recently became vegetarian, after I explained to her why I became a vegetarian and such, so i'm helping her along with that. =3
Like the "nonono, gelatin=bad for vegetarians, and I explain why. Then I got her started on the label reading.

Edit: I can't beleive I forgot to mention my cousin! Leialeaf on gaia. lol. She's been a vegetarian for a while, but she still eats marshmallows with gelatin. *twitches*  

Sakakikala

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:44 pm
My friend, Samantha, used to be a vegetarian...for like 6 months. But she stopped. She was one of the only people I had anything in common with. crying
This girl I've known for awhile told me she's gonna become a vegetarian when she starts school. So I'm glad. biggrin She's already tried vegetarian food, and likes it.
Then there's this girl who lives down the road from me who's vegetarian. But I don't see her because she's homeschooled.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 pm
I'm know five other vegetarians - my sister Tracy (she also does a monthly, two week vegan cleanse), my acquaintances Natalie and Brittany, and my awesome friends Leslie & Jason. But I only see them once in a blue moon. neutral

It's rather difficult not having anyone to talk to, and the only one I can talk to is Jason. He's been vegan for over 10 years (mostly because of food allergies), and recently found out he's no longer allergic to dairy - so he's reverted to being a vegetarian, eating cheese to gain weight. Whenever I do see him, he's always a tremendous help and understands the social issues that arise regarding my decision to become a vegetarian.

My friend Phillip is a pescetarian, formerly a vegetarian. But he plans to go vegan once he can provide for himself and get his own place. Which is also my plan.

3nodding

-PinkTasmik-

Magnetic Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

reptileluver101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:18 pm
Mei Megami
I have only met one other vegan in my life, before I met them I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian. I thought that they had to treat the cows and chickens right for them to produce but he informed me that the truth was far from it. I have a couple vegetarian friends, but one of them is a total faker. She always acts like she is a vegetarian because of the animals but when I told her about dairy and eggs she didn't seem to care. Later that month I saw her munching on what she told me was a tofu taco, but her sister told me it was made of cow. How can someone do that?

she seriously thinks beef can pass as tofu? thts a smart one.... and thts not nice. if she's not a vegetarian then she should just say so. some of my very best friends are vegans/vegetarians :]. none of my family is though. im going to be one again this christmas biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:37 pm
I have.. 4 friends who are vegetarian. My girlfriend and I are working on it ><  

Alice Morbid

Lady Callie G

8,900 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:57 pm
I wish I had real vegan or vegetarian friends even. Sadly all of those that I know are on the internet.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff