Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:18 am
i'll give you three guesses... and the 1st two don't count.

i think i may have just quoted something... but i dont know where it came from...

anyways, no luck with the cable, it ONLY been half a month...

anyway, updates!

1. the templars are finished (they were only going to be a combat patrol anyway) they total about 500 points...
2. i had to do something, so with the new Codex:Space Marines focusing on them now, im gonna do salamanders, i have already repainted my Primarch/Hero from the Invictus Mortis to fit a better role as a terminator Squad Sergeant.
3. 40K 5th Ed. comes out in 4 days!
4. my new fav GW related website is BellOfLostSouls it is updated usually every couple of days with the latest info on 40k 5th ed. along with the new space marines, (Techmarine with Thunderfire Cannon, anyone? Land Speeder Storm, anyone?) so yeah, it is an awesome updates website  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:29 am
fire - link

i think i may have just quoted something... but i dont know where it came from...

anyway, updates!

1. the templars are finished (they were only going to be a combat patrol anyway) they total about 500 points...
2. i had to do something, so with the new Codex:Space Marines focusing on them now, im gonna do salamanders, i have already repainted my Primarch/Hero from the Invictus Mortis to fit a better role as a terminator Squad Sergeant.
4. my new fav GW related website is BellOfLostSouls it is updated usually every couple of days with the latest info on 40k 5th ed. along with the new space marines, (Techmarine with Thunderfire Cannon, anyone? Land Speeder Storm, anyone?) so yeah, it is an awesome updates website
We've had news of the Techmarine with the thunderfire cannon in our own Space Marine thread for days. wink  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:03 pm
DarkElf27
fire - link

anyway, updates!

We've had news of the Techmarine with the thunderfire cannon in our own Space Marine thread for days. wink

Hm...I don't think that your special character is quite heavily armored enough to pull off being a Terminator Sergeant, brudda. However, he might serve well as a proxy for Vulkan Estan if you can put the flamer gauntlet on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:52 am
Caleidah
DarkElf27

Hm...I don't think that your special character is quite heavily armored enough to pull off being a Terminator Sergeant, brudda. However, he might serve well as a proxy for Vulkan Estan if you can put the flamer gauntlet on him.

@-Caleidah: i may choose to do vulkan, but as all my termies will be converted in the same way as him, less bulk, more hieght, he would fit with the squad,

@-DarkElf: it was just an example, i have heard about it since the 1st update about 3 weeks agho on BoLS, i check it daily. mrgreen
also, you should check out the updates there anyway, it is a highly interesting site.

UPDATES:
* i converted 2 models for a freind of mine who i got stared with warhammer 40k back at xmas, these are not legal in games of 40k, but could be used in apocalypse as we have written and tested datasheets for them:
1. Land Speeder Hurricane - "Used by both the Space Marines and Imperial Guard, this is piloted by 2 marines, but has been significantly modified to have more room in the engine compartment, meaning that a pair of imperial gaurdsmen can fire the 2 hull-mounted autocannons." - it is a landspeeder with the doors removed and 2 modified Gaurdsmen leaning out to fire an autocannon on each side, it does not have any other weapons.
2. Ravenwing Rhino Converted Thingy (it needs a name) - "this modification on the rhino chassis includes a pair of twin-linked assault cannon Sponsons, and room for a weapon to be fixed onto the roof before battle, used by the Space Marines" - it is essentially a Dark Angel Rhino with Sponson Assault cannons, it is unfinished and we are planning on a weapon to fit on the roof so it becomes a Predator Varient.  

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:02 am

Your tank sounds a little like the Blood Angel Baal Predator. It has a Twin Linked Assault Cannon in its turret, along with the option for heavy bolter sponsons. As far as the roof weapon, I'd say to give it a TL Multi-Melta turret. That way all of its weapons are the same range, although it can only technically fire all of them if it sits still.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:43 pm
That land speeder sounds a lot like that upcoming Storm pattern, which will be loaded with scouts firing from the rear with their bolters.

Also, two twin-linked assault cannons in a single vehicle, especially a weedy Rhino is just plain overkill! gonk  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:10 pm
Lady Blodwynn
That land speeder sounds a lot like that upcoming Storm pattern, which will be loaded with scouts firing from the rear with their bolters.

Also, two twin-linked assault cannons in a single vehicle, especially a weedy Rhino is just plain overkill! gonk

The Baal Predator is specifically for the Blood Angels. They just -reek- of overkill.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:15 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Woot! I've been hoping for a scout speeder for a while.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:41 am
today my account wouldnt log in. dunno why, but i had to change my password to log in as it. not good, dunno whether someone tried to hack me or not. however, for future reference i have made a new backup account named "Static_Hellfire" i have also pm'd DarkElf with it, and requested to join this guild with it, please can someone accept the join request.

also, i think i mistyped something in my previous post, the predator DOESN'T have a pair twin-LINKED sponsons, it just has a Pair of Single Assualt Cannon Sponsons. sorry for the confusion.

also, the landspeeder Hurricane is loosly based on the Storm, except it was made for a freind who plays both IG and SM. so we amde it so he could use it in both armies. and it has Autocannons instead of Bolters.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:14 am
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
Only scouts are BS3 with the new codex and have 4+ saves, meaning that the speeder will count as open-topped when fired upon. Unless it has some tasty special rules I fear for the uses of the Storm. cry  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 am
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
Only scouts are BS3 with the new codex and have 4+ saves, meaning that the speeder will count as open-topped when fired upon. Unless it has some tasty special rules I fear for the uses of the Storm. cry

Hm...looks like it'll be more of a fast moving Sentinel counterpart. It also looks like Sniper Rifles will be even MORE inviting in the next 'dex.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:30 am
Caleidah
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn

Hm...looks like it'll be more of a fast moving Sentinel counterpart. It also looks like Sniper Rifles will be even MORE inviting in the next 'dex.
Sniper rifles cannot be fired on the move and use the firer's BS to hit.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Arctic-Hellfire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:11 pm
Fire - Link here, my main did it again, so i asked to have my backup signed up to the guild in case it repeadedly fails to recognise me logging in as my main.

also, please can we keep convos on topic, thanks!

also, even tho i cant edit my mains posts to add the new photos, (I HAVE THE PHONE CABLE AT LAST!!!) i am gonna add them in other post and next time i can log in on my main, move them over to the 1st post and delete the other.

i will upload the new photos in a min...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 pm
had to take fresh photos, the quality of the others was rubbish. but here they are, the templars and salamanders, along with my converted Barbarian Mercaneries (for a possible mini-Codex i am thinking of writing "40k Mercaneries" because fantasy gets Dogs of War, but 40k doesnt)

Templars:
Predator- 1:2:3
Razorback- 1:2
Flying Thingy- 1:2:3 (this was meant to be a plasticard dreadnought, but it warped into this, which i think would make a good proxy for a Land Speeder Tempest, which is a Forge World Model with Imperial Armour Book Rules)
Black Templar Terminator Champion- 1:2:3
Normal Champion- 1:2
Vetreran Sergeant- 1 (this was made from the old metal standard bearer with a sword added in place of the banner pole which was used to make the rig on my Autocannon devastator)
Autocannon Devastator- 1:2

damn, i have to stop uploading now as my dad is telling me to get off my laptop, its not like iv'e been on it all day! wink
so i will upload the Sallies and barbarians tomoz, thanks!  

Arctic-Hellfire

Darkweaver66

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:20 am
and guess whos account works again this morning...

anyways, im adding the phots from my backup (Static-Hellfire) to the 1st post while the account working-ness lasts...  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff