Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Super Happy Fun Time Journal! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlurk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:40 am
Date: November 16, 2008

Breakfast:
Banana - 100 calories

Snack:
5 oz 100% fruit juice - 150 calories

Lunch:
Bacon Cheeseburger - 620 calories

Snack:
A mountain dew ;_;

Dinner:
Chicken with potatos

Water:
II

Exercise:
15 arm lifts 12 minutes power walking

Weight:

Comments:

I am so not counting the calories today. Man, I'm gonna have my lost 4lbs gained back by Wednesday. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:48 am
Date: November 17, 2008

Breakfast:
5 oz 100% fruit juice - 150 calories

Snack:

Lunch:
Ravioli with breadstick - 720 calories

Snack:
Chocolate Cake - 490

Dinner:

Water:
II

Excersize:

Weight:

Comments:

I was gonna eat an apple for supper but it's 7:30 and I'm still not hungry. If I'm not hungry by 8 I probably won't eat cause I'll probably go to bed between 9 and 10.  

Starlurk

Starlurk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:12 am
Date: November 18, 2008

Breakfast:
red delicious apple - 80 calories

Snack:
5 oz. 100% fruit juice - 150 calories

Lunch:
6 pizza pocket thingies - 220 calories

Snack:
Milkshake

Dinner:
Chili Cheese fries

Water:
III

Exercise:

Weight:

Comments:  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 am
Date: November 19, 2008

Breakfast:
Oatmeal! - 170 calories

Snack:

Lunch:
Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich

Snack:

Dinner:

Water:
II

Exercise:

Weight:
167.4lb

Comments:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So this week was interesting, I gained a pound (doing the same thing that got me to lose 4lb last week.) The odd part is that last week I felt no shame for eating fast food and this week I did. The worst part is while I felt guilty for eating the fast food I had no interest in stopping. I have been exercising but not enough to have gained a pound.  

Starlurk

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:26 am
don't get discouraged!

I noticed you've been skipping dinner, that's not good. To keep you metabolism going strong you need to eat every couple of hours even if it's a tiny snack.

Avoid apples for breakfast, they're just packed with sugar!!

And finally, try try try try to cut back on the fast food. That's a huge killer.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:56 am
Thanks! heart

I never considered that about apples, would bananas be better? 3nodding

I've been avoiding dinner just out of circumstance. I think this new herbal supplement I'm taking has been making me tired early. At about 6 or 7 at night I get exhausted and it's a fight to stay up until 9 whee So I'm slowly starting to adjust my eating schedule to include dinner.

As for fast food, you're gonna want to slap me for this. I'm trying to cut down on fast food but right now it's too hard (mentally, not physically) to completely cut it out. When I start trying to lose weight I get really excited and really gun-ho and I make all these goals and sacrifices and then I quit a few days later.

So I'm slowly working through goals this time (the current goal is 2 bottles of water a day) and eventually cutting out fast food will be the goal. 3nodding It's just funny because last week I was okay with that fact and this week I've been frustrated with it. I think it's a good sign that I'm finally willing to do things that are good for me. heart  

Starlurk

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:09 pm
bananas are higher in calories i think. It seems to me that just an apple for breakfast is pretty small, my breakfast is usually between 200 and 300 calories, definately not under 100  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 pm
hardly much more by like 20-30 cals.

plus the banana has tons of vitamins in it.  

Soi Tsuba

Starlurk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:46 pm
I'm very rarely hungry in the morning and usually have to force myself to eat. I read somewhere that fruit for breakfast is better for brain function than grains and that's why I've just stuck with fruit. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:55 pm
Soi Tsuba

plus potassium! I think >.< its supposed to be good if you get a stitch when exercising or something

Well, if you find it hard to eat in the mornings then good on you for making the effort! I dunno if fruit is better for brain function than grains for breakfast...i would have thought the energy from grains lasted longer, because they have a lower GI (??) but fruit could be better for brain function in some other way, i have no clue  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:51 pm
As far as I know, bananas only show as having more calories because they have less water content.

Fruit passes through the body much faster and better when processed alone, but I do think I remember oatmeal as being the original 'brain' food. ._.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:15 am
Date: December 01, 2008

Breakfast:
Banana and cream oatmeal - 130 calories

Snack:
Yoohoo - 250 calories

Lunch:
Arby's Melt - 302 calories

Snack:

Dinner:
Emotional distress made me eat my entire day's worth of calories for supper. *shakes fist* ^_^

Water:
III

Exercise:
32 armlifts 10 minutes power walking 20 crunches 1 minute leg wheels

Weight:
169.0 lb

Comments:
How quick it is for it all to gain back. blaugh Oh well, I've had a really bad emotional week (that might last longer, I'm not sure). But I'm feeling slightly motivated to start all over again. Everyone wish me luck!  

Starlurk

Queen-of-Sarcastica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:28 am
Starlurk
Date: December 01, 2008

Breakfast:
Banana and cream oatmeal - 130 calories

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Water:
I

Exercise:
32 armlifts

Weight:
169.0 lb

Comments:
How quick it is for it all to gain back. blaugh Oh well, I've had a really bad emotional week (that might last longer, I'm not sure). But I'm feeling slightly motivated to start all over again. Everyone wish me luck!

Please, PLEASE do not skip your meals! In the long run this is unhelpful. And besides, aren't you hungry? Eat something nutritious rather than nothing at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:34 am
No no don't worry about me biggrin I'm near a computer pretty much all day so I fill it out as I go. 3nodding

Sometimes I do skip supper but it's because I've been taking this herbal supplement that makes me way more tired before I expect to be and I just haven't figured out the schedule yet.

Thank you though! I really appreciate it. heart  

Starlurk

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:44 am
Soi Tsuba

Apple; 1 medium, ("3 dial) (182g)
95calories
25carbs
19 grams of sugar

Banana; 1 medium, (7"-7'7/8ths long) (118g)
105calories
27carbs
14 grams of sugar

Apples have tons of vitamins too, and fiber.
But generally JUST fruit for breakfast is a bad idea,
as the sugars in fruits spike your insulin levels and are 'temporary energy'
whereas protein, fiber, and carbs give a good boost of lasting energy.

That's why you stay fuller from oatmeal.
Generally, people who eat oat meal put milk on it, so you;re getting protein, dairy, tons of carbs...

I find what works best for me is to eat a large breakfast, rich in whole grains.

Multigrain cheerios are really great,
and about 100 cals a cup, so only 5 cals more than if you ate an apple.
And you can put skim or soy milk on them for a bit of an added protein boost, or mix them into a cup of lowfat yogurt.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff