Is ska dead?
  Alive
  Dying
  Dead
View Results

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:54 pm
Onewing949
I blame songs like Soulja boy too! What has become of Ska! There hasn't been a ska concert since around New Years when Streetlight came, and I missed it! but in Jully there's gonna be a Mighty Mighty Bosstone and dropkick Murphy concert. If there is any place in the US that needs ska it's here in the Detroit area. I'm sick of living in the most segregated place in the continental United Stated. Which if there is any reason that I would be afraid to go to a ska concert is that they are usually in very bad neighborhood here. I really don't wanna die by getting shot for being white while going to a ska concert. it would be too ironic. There is a street not too far South from here called Martin luther King street. Of course all the residents on the street are black. and every white man that goes down that street is beaten down or shot. If you find yourself in the wrong neighborhood you might not make it out. There is no unity here. There are 1,000 students in my school but only 4 or 5 of them are black.
As for the ska scene i don't really know how to revive it. I hardly know anyone that has even heard of ska before. Keep it alive, keep listening to ska, and keep skanking to the beat. and if anyone asks what ska is act like the should know. "You don't know what ska is?!"
I try my hardest to keep it going here, but everyone here seems to just follow the major trends.

detroit is in michigan. michigan has mustard plug, matt wixson, I mean hell tehre was just a show like 3 days ago wherever Mustard Plug, Matt Wixson, and Detonate.

detonates a great band from texas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:50 pm
I've never heard of Detonate before and i don't remember them on ticket master.
I missed a mustard plug concert! how could that happen!
I'm gonna try and make it kto the Bosstones and dropkick Murphys concert. come to think of it there was a MP concert a while back that I was gonna go to but I had something going on. I think it was mid terms that I had to study for sad . Which also reminds me I have Exams in a couple days.  

Onewing949

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Onewing949
I've never heard of Detonate before and i don't remember them on ticket master.
I missed a mustard plug concert! how could that happen!
I'm gonna try and make it kto the Bosstones and dropkick Murphys concert. come to think of it there was a MP concert a while back that I was gonna go to but I had something going on. I think it was mid terms that I had to study for sad . Which also reminds me I have Exams in a couple days.

if you're lookin for ska shows just on ticketmaster that would definitely be why. also, check out we are the union. I think they play michigan a couple times.

you should learn more about your local ska scene, not just wait for big news about it. trust me theres something there.

some shows comin up:

Manic Sewing Circle:

June, 21 2008 at [ TBA ] - w/ Matt Wixson
Not Available , Detroit, Michigan

July, 12 2008 at [Oshtemo Grange Hall]
3234 North 3rd Street, Kalazamoo, Michigan 49009
Cost : $6
w/ Manic Sewing Circle, Frank White, CbJ, Randy Thunderbird, The Implodes

We Are The Union:

July, 11 2008 at Howell Opera House w/ A WILHELM SCREAM
Not Available , Howell, Michigan
Cost : $12

July, 18 2008 at Skelletones
Not Available , Grand Rapids, Michigan
Cost :

Less Than Jake:

July, 1 2008 at ROYAL OAK MUSIC THEATRE
Not Available , Royal Oak, Michigan 48067
Cost : $19 Avd. $21 DOS

SHOUT IT LOUD II

RANCID

August, 1 2008 at Clutch Cargo’s
Not Available , Pontiac, Michigan 48342
Cost : $19.99

so rancids not the most ska band ever, but whatever figured I'd include it.

Mustard Plug

July, 26 2008 at The Beacon
747 S. Sandusky Road, Sandusky, Michigan 48471
Cost : $10

The Potato Festival w/ Forever in Terror and many other bands on 2 stages All Ages Show

August, 21 2008 at Rock the Waterfront
Wenonah Park, Bay City, Michigan 48708
Cost : $6

ALL AGES SHOW --- w/ the swaggering rogues ----

Matt Wixson

June, 28 2008 at Static Age
104 S. Main St., Romeo, Michigan
Cost :

Tour kickoff or something? Sweet!

k so thats about all I know are comin I'm sure there are others. goto michiganska.com or whatever. I'm sure they have s**t there if that exists. which is prolly does.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:16 pm
Thanks for the list, I will do some research next time before I post.  

Onewing949

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:55 pm
Onewing949
Thanks for the list, I will do some research next time before I post.

welcome.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces