Rabid Bagel Cow Thing

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:36 pm
My parents never said to "not date".

But they've mentioned that he better "treat me right" or... my older brother will hurt him.

Haha.

But my family members say the usual weird stuff:

- "Don't date until you're 30!"
- "Don't date at all!"
- "You should focus on school.. dating can wait!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:03 am
well they don't say that i can't date but i think they don't want me to  

omimako-san

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:31 am
For me, My parents have always told me not date at all. I was actually fine with it. Most of the girls I went to high school with are really... uh... I wont say XD. But yea, I find with many high school people wanting relationships badly. I just focus on school these days instead of thinking about these things. Once I hit university I had the urge to find someone. But I always tell myself "I can wait"

My parents reasons for not letting me date was not only for school, but its just about trusting the girlfriend. My parents are always paranoid but w/e its parents. Its not that parents dont want you to stay single, its just that they dont believe you are ready for it. Relationships are tough and takes up alot of effort.

Seeing most of my friends getting together with someone kinda makes me want to find someone myself.

But dont let the parents thing get to you though. They know whats best for us. Took me a while to figure that out. In time if it happens, it will happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:59 am
Not allowed to date period. Once I have a career set and done then I can think about guys.  

MixedUp92

sargeant keroro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:30 am
i live with only one of my parents so ahem this is both views

DAD
Dating EH? ILL HOOK YOU UP WITH ON OF MY FRIENDS DAUGHTERS sweatdrop

MUM
You seriously think that you should be dating when your in grade 11 and you must study and get a good OP and go be a doctor or dentist and bring more money in then your wife and have enough money to buy a new house for yourself as housing rates go up.....

OK LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 am
So my parents say that 'boys are a distraction', but to be honest, I don't think I'd concentrate as well in school if I went to an all-girls school. It would depress me most likely. So I enjoy having boys in my classes, it keeps things interesting and that way I have something to focus my attention on other than schoolwork. All work and no play... that darned cliche that I can't remember the rest of. XD

My parents have pretty much the same view in regards to dating and myself. But the only concern I have is that by the time I have my career up and successful, I'll be too busy or too old to be thinking about dating and getting married and all the stuff that high school is supposed to be for. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

~.Kaarii.~

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:00 am
Sometimes I think my parents are right telling me not to date. Becuase when you get out of a relationship that lasted a loong time its hard, cause you could still like the guy or your not used to being single. So right now I'm htinking who needs a boyfriend. Giving up boys temporarly. 3nodding

Can you get over being single?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 am
Xx-Tinaa-xX
Sometimes I think my parents are right telling me not to date. Becuase when you get out of a relationship that lasted a loong time its hard, cause you could still like the guy or your not used to being single. So right now I'm htinking who needs a boyfriend. Giving up boys temporarly. 3nodding

Can you get over being single?

Yes, I can actually. I've been through 3 relationships in the past 3 years. But I've noticed that you should really be careful of who you choose. Even though the person may have the looks, just remember that you have to watch out for the personality they have. Looks aren't everything, to some people it is but in my opinion, your going the wrong direction.  

DancingCherryBerry

~.Kaarii.~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm
Show мε what it's like to dяεαм in вlαcκ and ωнιτε
So I can lεαvε this ωoяld tonight

It's true to pick carefully. It's no use getting into a relationship based purely on physical attraction because there's no depth to it. I dislike it when people date someone solely because they're "hot" or "cute". Sexy is fine, but there has to be some sort of mental connection. Relationships don't work unless you understand each other. Looks are somewhat important but I personally think that a good personality and average looks would be fine. I wouldn't want to date an airhead for more than a week. It would probably drive me crazy.

- Breaking Benjamin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:05 pm
Parents can get really annoying though sometimes about their children dating or hanging around the opposite sex.

HAs anyone ever had this experience? You're hanging around one of you're bestest freinds thats the opposite sex and your mom or dad sees you. do they freak? My mom freaked out asking me a BUNCH of questions like "Are you dating him? I dont want you to date anyone! You're too young! blah blah blah"

Anyways, it just gets REALLY annoying sometimes.  

Xx-Tinaa-xX

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:22 am
I WISH that we could stay below the thousand LIGHTS

And never let it
FADE

I think my mom is fine with anyone I date, as long as I remain celibate.

But my dad hates with a burning passion guys who have ear piercings. I think that's my one restriction.

Of course, they both prefer if I married someone Vietnamese and had more Vietnamese babies.

But, idk, we'll see.

Our paper LANTERN night

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:32 pm
I can't date until I'm 18... xp  

k40su

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:18 pm
Apparently I'm not aloud to date until I'm in university.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:35 pm
I remember when my mom used to remind everyday before school, "Don't go near guys! Don't hug them, don't kiss them, nothing! They only want one thing!" Lol, but I think she knows I'm responsible enough, so she never mentions it anymore.
Honestly at times, I kinda want a boyfriend, but then I kinda don't. To see my friends all clingy to their boyfriends gets me annoyed and thinking, "Am I going to be like that?"
All the guys at my school are immature, so I don't like any of them. But, next year is high school, so maybe then. : )

[F]lavor.of.[L]ife

Tenko16xoxo

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:14 pm
my parents say i cant date til i'm in university
and my parents do care who and what race i 'd date  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items