Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:21 pm
The Eggg... was freaking retarded.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:43 pm
I feel like gaia has become too greedy. I quickly lost interest in gaia in general some time after the cash shop arrived. I just couldn't keep up anymore, I never though I would say this but there are too many items.

I used to have fun questing for items and knowing that I would eventually achieve my goal. I even used to donate a small amount every month just to get my hands on the new items. I liked to quest for the older items I had missed out on the hard way; by posting and spending time on gaia, knowing I wouldn't miss out on like 50 "special" items (I don't even know if I'm exaggerating when I say 50).
This has become impossible now because of the frequent adds of items to the cash shop (well I'm sure if you want to spend serious amounts of money on gaia it isn't impossible, but yeah..)

I guess getting perma-banned for the hacking of my boyfriends account (which I didn't do by the way, I never even logged in with that account because I was afraid the hacker would notice me and see the valuable trades between us and then maybe hack me too - my bf was using my laptop when it happened though) when we even had evidence (screenshots) of the hacker taking over his account.

Gaia wouldn't even give me an explanation of why they banned me, they wouldn't give an answer to my bf either of why they banned me (he being the one who got hacked) and this also made me loose faith in gaia. Innocent people getting banned when the real hackers are still out there makes you think the mods doesn't really care about justice as long as someone gets banned for it. The saddest part is that my boyfriend still hasn't gotten his account reopened (it got locked or banned or whatever when he reported the hacking).

Anyway, I feel like gaia has become "all about the money" (cash shop) lately, and I don't like it.

And didn't gaia get the new marketplace system to prevent massive inflation? Well the cash shop sure did prevent that ever happening.... rolleyes  

m0rphia

Sephoenix

Gracious Lunatic

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:54 am
Show me what it's like to be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right and I'll show you what I can be

User Image

... Wow, the more I read, the less I want to be on Gaia neutral

Say it for me say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me say it if it's worth saving me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:58 am
m0rphia
I feel like gaia has become too greedy. I quickly lost interest in gaia in general some time after the cash shop arrived. I just couldn't keep up anymore, I never though I would say this but there are too many items.

I used to have fun questing for items and knowing that I would eventually achieve my goal. I even used to donate a small amount every month just to get my hands on the new items. I liked to quest for the older items I had missed out on the hard way; by posting and spending time on gaia, knowing I wouldn't miss out on like 50 "special" items (I don't even know if I'm exaggerating when I say 50).
This has become impossible now because of the frequent adds of items to the cash shop (well I'm sure if you want to spend serious amounts of money on gaia it isn't impossible, but yeah..)

I guess getting perma-banned for the hacking of my boyfriends account (which I didn't do by the way, I never even logged in with that account because I was afraid the hacker would notice me and see the valuable trades between us and then maybe hack me too - my bf was using my laptop when it happened though) when we even had evidence (screenshots) of the hacker taking over his account.

Gaia wouldn't even give me an explanation of why they banned me, they wouldn't give an answer to my bf either of why they banned me (he being the one who got hacked) and this also made me loose faith in gaia. Innocent people getting banned when the real hackers are still out there makes you think the mods doesn't really care about justice as long as someone gets banned for it. The saddest part is that my boyfriend still hasn't gotten his account reopened (it got locked or banned or whatever when he reported the hacking).

Anyway, I feel like gaia has become "all about the money" (cash shop) lately, and I don't like it.

And didn't gaia get the new marketplace system to prevent massive inflation? Well the cash shop sure did prevent that ever happening.... rolleyes

User Image

It seems that they pay more attention to some accounts than others.

One of the thread regulars (Llewxam) got hacked last year and a while ago he got his account back, all his items and everything he had was also there. However some people (your bf, Azazel Blades, among other people I know) have yet to hear any news about their hacked account, it's just unfair to them.

Sephoenix

Gracious Lunatic

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200

m0rphia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:03 pm
Sephoenix

User Image

It seems that they pay more attention to some accounts than others.

One of the thread regulars (Llewxam) got hacked last year and a while ago he got his account back, all his items and everything he had was also there. However some people (your bf, Azazel Blades, among other people I know) have yet to hear any news about their hacked account, it's just unfair to them.

Yeah, I can understand that.
I just felt so betrayed by gaia when they banned me when we had clear evidence... And when they just replied my emails (only two times though, then nothing) with standard replies saying something like I got banned because items previously in his account had ended up in mine or something like that, well of course! We traded items back and forth all the time, but not after the account got hacked. And as I said he was using my laptop when it happened, but I don't know if that has got to do with anything...

I just hope that (at least) he gets his account back, and maybe if/when he does they'll look into me getting banned as well (I doubt that'll happen but who knows).

... and I'm glad to hear that he got his account back 3nodding and sorry to hear about the others sad  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:00 pm
Take into account how many people there are on gaia.. LOL.. i bet its hard to keep track of all of them..

I have been on gaia for 4 years.. I have never been hacked.. Hopes it does not happen. I guess that I have been lucky.. I dont send very many trades though.. If i send somebody something i send it as a gift.. LOL..

i like gaia.. it keeps me intertained.. there are a few items I want.. but I have to many lol.. I really dont need anymore.. plus I have not really liked to many of the new items

Foghorn_Moonlight_Goddess

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:52 am
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to influence anyone to quit Gaia or totally hate the site. I'm just not too happy with the money making tactics and the declining attention the Admin and Moderators have to the members on Gaia Online and the site on the whole. I love all the friends and happy times the site has provided me and because of that I have no plans and I can't deny that Gaia is still the one of the best communities online. It seems Gaia is slowly starting to hear about these concerns so they are starting to bring out more items in the regular Shops. And they are creating real world events for Gaians to meet up at and enjoy. But the site still needs more attention. Especially when we need an OMNI mod because of a Hacking in progress. There are never any around when you need one. sweatdrop If we continue to voice our concerns it will help maintain a good environment on Gaia. Because those concerns will eventually get back to the Site makers.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:06 pm
Im not so sure.. How long have we been bitching about guild updates.. 4 freaking years and nothing.. yet the rest of the site has gotten a new layout.. how many freaking times..  

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:09 pm
I live in Kansas.. I am never gonna see one  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:05 am
Yo-ness and alls. Yeah I have been gone for a long time and just found out what the Gaia Cash thing was last night. Yeah to me honestly, I think its a retarded idea for them to do that to get more money, BUT...I can see where they're coming at with trying to get more money. I'm always seeing at least a minimum of 20,000 Gaians online and well they have to make money somehow to be able to afford servers and maintenance and whatever stuff they need to keep this place running. To me, it really doesn't bother me at all since I'll never give this website another dime. whee  

DarkChildIX

SkyKat

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:17 am
eek

Oh yea... I must get an OMFG Box right now; so, I can see if I get a Severed Head.

rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:20 pm
If only it were simple to use gaia cash at the marketplace. Darn it! Gotta' work hard for it then for the gold which takes LONGER! crying  

Johny_lovin_it

Llewxam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 am
i've never spent a single dime on gaia. nor care to spend it. yes, the high prices on items in the marketplace is just insane. it makes this place just the more annoying each day. but i'm here for the lolz, and the socializing. otherwise, gaia could fade away into obscurity for me.  
Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff