Monthly threat: October Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:18 pm
ALMOST DONE!

halfway through with both my deffdread and my looted wagon.

Pictures will probably be up after the weekend.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:01 pm
Shinobi_8745
What's the problem with it? o:

NEWS! Finished painting 20 the shoota boyz yesterday, but I won't post pictures on individuals or the mob till every unit is finished... Got 2 days left till my threat is over, since I'm leaving on thursday for the tournament! D8 -teh stress-

10 burnas, 1 looted wagon transport and 1 Dual-rokkit equipped deffdread is what's left now! >:3

All of my bleach bone it too watery O_O and it never stays. I can get like 1 coat of my liche purple on their bodies no problem. but when it comes to bleached bone it takes like 3! scream

So I'm going to test skull white. (Hopefully it'll look just as beast)

Again I reiterate, novice painter.  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:36 pm
If it's watery you can shake it a little and then leave it open for 2-3 hours, it should be a bit more thicker then.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:19 pm
Well I knew about the shaking thing, though Ill have to try your leave open thing. Thanks for the tips.

And the Skull white doesnt go well. So its back to the pain staking Bleached Bone.  

Dragonzealot

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 pm
Dragonzealot
And the Skull white doesnt go well. So its back to the pain staking Bleached Bone.
The idea anyway is to use colours. For instance, I've only painted one of my Space Marines so far, a test model, but in order to do the whit eon him, I used Bestial Brown, then Bleached Bone, and then one to three layers of Skull White.

Also, if possible, I'd like to take the Russ off my list. I'll be able to get it together, but not painted. I'm going to work on them tomorrow.

And then I get to talk with my accomplises about how we're going to get out of punishment via the court system. Yay! I ******** love cops! =D  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:50 am
I have a slight problem. (Hopefully I'll have it fixed before the 16th my due date)

I m out completely of Chaos Black and I have no money which to get some with (for the time being). So either I wont be able to finish my threat, or I will grab some somehow and finish it. (Lets aim for the second option.)  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:31 am
A new month, a new threat.

My threat this month will be simple, 20 ork boyz, but not any boyz... 'Ardboyz of the Bad Moon Clan! >:3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:09 am
Oh snapz! Bad Moon Boyz!

Im still waiting for my paycheck. Once I get it I should still hve enough time to get it done. I have 15 days left.  

Dragonzealot

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:45 pm
I'm starting work on restoring one of my Imperial Guard officers, Colonel Joseph Keller, to proper HQ glory. He's got the paint job that a Guardsman might have, not even eyes, and a horrible green hilt on his sword, and I want to get it done by the end of the month.

I'm going to be doing a total make-over of him, doing detailing and shading and highlighting and rebasing and such.

So far, I've got his sword restored and the cheap flock I used for his base the first time removed. I'm going to be posting enough pictures and writing enough details that I might make a thread on restoring old models in my armies (starting with this one), what do you people think?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:54 pm
DarkElf27
I'm starting work on restoring one of my Imperial Guard officers, Colonel Joseph Keller, to proper HQ glory. He's got the paint job that a Guardsman might have, not even eyes, and a horrible green hilt on his sword, and I want to get it done by the end of the month.

I'm going to be doing a total make-over of him, doing detailing and shading and highlighting and rebasing and such.

So far, I've got his sword restored and the cheap flock I used for his base the first time removed. I'm going to be posting enough pictures and writing enough details that I might make a thread on restoring old models in my armies (starting with this one), what do you people think?

Might could be a good idea. I knw my armies are o lng term that you can see its various stages. Old dudes, middle ground dudes, most recent dudes. Its kind of amazing to see how much you've progressed over the time you've spent painting and modelling.  

CrackaDoom

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:41 pm
Yeeaah. My early Space Marines? Black spray-coat, sloppy blue trim, and slathered-on Boltgun metal in places. They'll be restored later as well, but the commander's up first.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:25 pm
My first was an Uruk-hai. Two colors (skin and armor/waepon) and I didn't even prime it.  

CrackaDoom

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:06 am
Shinobi: Leman Russ Vanquisher, end-time is the end of this month.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:31 am
I added something on the building-side of the threat, I'm going to build 5 Meganobz and 1 Big Mek with KFF and PK, and since I got the parts I might aswell make 2 more, one with burna/kostum mega blasta and one with some sort of kombi-weapon maybe?

I just LOVE having Big Meks with odd wargear~  

Shinobi_8745

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:38 am
I'm going to try and finish what I said I was going to do last month, except less, since painting tanks takes a lot of time. Chimera and Rhino.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff