Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
AMAZING Male Fantasy Characters- Hall of Fame Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:27 am
Underestimated_Angel
Yay. Fantasy guys! heart

Edward Cullen (He's a good vampire. What's not to like! Yes, Lhia, feel free to answer that!)
Touchstone
Dumbledore
Ummm... is his name Kendall? He's in Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
Legolas
Yeah. That's all the book characters I can think of right now.

But if we're counting video games, that ads some more!
Axel, Kingdom Hearts
Balthier, Final Fantasy
Tibarn, Fire Emblem

I didn't know you were a Balthier fangirl too! heart

And Edward Cullen is a creep. He invades Bella's MIND, for Chrissakes! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:08 am
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Yay. Fantasy guys! heart

Edward Cullen (He's a good vampire. What's not to like! Yes, Lhia, feel free to answer that!)
Touchstone
Dumbledore
Legolas

Axel, Kingdom Hearts
Balthier, Final Fantasy
Tibarn, Fire Emblem

actually, thats the only mind he CAN'T read, because bella is such a "private person" rolleyes

He's a creep because he watches her sleep. Ew.  

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:58 am
Heartless Hippie
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Yay. Fantasy guys! heart

Touchstone
Dumbledore
Legolas

Axel, Kingdom Hearts
Balthier, Final Fantasy
Tibarn, Fire Emblem

actually, thats the only mind he CAN'T read, because bella is such a "private person" rolleyes

He's a creep because he watches her sleep. Ew.

Well, yes...

As I was reading the book, I got the impression that he was lying to her about the whole mind-reading thing. He lies to her a lot, doesn't he?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:31 pm
Lady Midori
icechild21
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Lord Sesshomaru! *sigh* heart heart heart heart
Oh gosh yes! heart

And speaking of Tortall...I like Jonathan better than George, I think. And I liked Liam and Numair.

Yeah, I guess. But frankly I found the whole Numair-Diane thing a bit... creepy. I know it was mutual but... he being her teacher and all. I can't remember a Liam. Which Series?
I never found the Numair-Daine thing creepy...but then again, I have a thing for older guy/younger girl relationships, and also student-teacher relationships...at least in fantasy realms, not so much the real world.

Liam was from the Song of the Lioness series...he was Alanna's lover, briefly. I just thought he was kinda cool, but I forget him a little bit too.

Thought of some more good people! I always loved Sirius Black! So much! Spoiler! --> his death almost made me quit the series, I was SO upset!!! <--- I do love Sirius...

i know right??? Sirius was the coolest ever. =3  

jellybeanclark333

Lady Whispers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:56 pm
jellybeanclark333
Lady Midori
icechild21
Lady Midori
Sita Carew
Lord Sesshomaru! *sigh* heart heart heart heart
Oh gosh yes! heart

And speaking of Tortall...I like Jonathan better than George, I think. And I liked Liam and Numair.

Yeah, I guess. But frankly I found the whole Numair-Diane thing a bit... creepy. I know it was mutual but... he being her teacher and all. I can't remember a Liam. Which Series?
I never found the Numair-Daine thing creepy...but then again, I have a thing for older guy/younger girl relationships, and also student-teacher relationships...at least in fantasy realms, not so much the real world.

Liam was from the Song of the Lioness series...he was Alanna's lover, briefly. I just thought he was kinda cool, but I forget him a little bit too.

Thought of some more good people! I always loved Sirius Black! So much! Spoiler! --> his death almost made me quit the series, I was SO upset!!! <--- I do love Sirius...

i know right??? Sirius was the coolest ever. =3

Oh yeah! I always imagined him a bit sexier than he was portrayed in the films. Oh well, a girl can't have everything. *dramatic sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:46 am
Maybe it was because I was fairly little when I read the third book, but I never saw Sirius as "hot"...  

Lhia Dunwaith

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:16 pm
@ Icechild21: I never thought of him as sexy, but the movies made him SO old looking. It would have been nice if they had made him cooler.

@ Lhia: Of course I'm a Balthier fangirl. You rant about him so much. It only takes so long for power of suggestion to settle in.
Oh yeah, also, Edward only lies to Bella to protect her. You're just jealus. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:03 pm
Underestimated_Angel
@ Icechild21: I never thought of him as sexy, but the movies made him SO old looking. It would have been nice if they had made him cooler.

@ Lhia: Of course I'm a Balthier fangirl. You rant about him so much. It only takes so long for power of suggestion to settle in.
Oh yeah, also, Edward only lies to Bella to protect her. You're just jealus. smile

MWAHAHAHA! THE POWER OF BALTHIER COMPELS YOU! blaugh  

Lhia Dunwaith

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:42 pm
Underestimated_Angel

Lies only protect you from the truth, and as the saying goes, the Truth will Out.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:21 pm
hmm... looks like i got to this one a bit late, all the good ones are taken! Oh well, i guess some repeats will have to do...
I LOVE Roiben (though it took me a long time to adjust to his name since mine's Robin razz )
Nawat and George are both cool in thier own ways
I like Fang, but he's a bit too quite
ohh, thought of some original ones!
Zane Cobrianna from Hawksong is very sexy and
if anybody's ever read Crown Duel, I have a major thing for Shevraeth/Vidanric (same person for those who haven't read it)  

Phoelidae

Dangerous Survivor

Phoelidae

Dangerous Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:23 pm
But no, I WILL NOT do a fangirl scream *snarls* evil  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:10 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Yay. Fantasy guys! heart

Touchstone
Dumbledore
Legolas

Axel, Kingdom Hearts
Balthier, Final Fantasy
Tibarn, Fire Emblem

KENRICK!!! thank you, I totally forgot about him! I love Vivian Vande Velde (with a three part, alliterating name, she has to be a good author). Also the dragon guy in Dragon Bait, although I'm blanking out on his name... hmmm... sssss-something...
going on to more gorgeous guys that I have to agree with...
Nawat, John, George, Liam, and Numair are all amazing, and I'd like to add the Carthaki prince... augh, another blankout!!! Moving away from Tortall, but staying within Tamora Pierce's realms, Briar from the Circle of Magic, etc., has got some serious studious/courteous/bad boy stuff going on. Mrawr!
Zane Cobriana is one of my many dream guys... heck, any Amelia Atwater-Rhodes guy is almost guaranteed to be one of my dream guys... ^_^
the Marquis of Shevraeth is also very sexy. even though Mel screws a lot of things up in the book. Sherwood Smith is good at hot guys. Wren to the Rescue has some good ones, even though it's been years since I've read it.
Anyone here read Shadowmancer? It's not great, partly because I'm not into religious books, but Raphah is pretty cool, and the evil god (Pyrathamus? I don't have it with me...) sounds like he's not too lacking either...

I wonder what the guys in this guild have to say for their favorite male charater... Y'know, actions and looks and stuff from a male perspective. Anyone want to abduct one and make him give us his views? twisted  

maidentears

Phoelidae

Dangerous Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:07 pm
sounds fascinating 0_o we all have favorite heroines I'm sure, so why shouldn't they have literary idols?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:05 pm
I must admit, these responses have shocked me. I would never have expected so much Tamora Pierce.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:04 pm
I haven't read any Tamora Pierce. But I must say, all these posts with guys from her books is making me want to grab some Tamora Pierce books from Lhia's bookshelf!  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff