Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
What Do You Think Of Anime Popularity Factor? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aristaes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:43 pm
I like all anime ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:21 pm
my sister will only watch it if it's dubbed, while a close friend of mine will only watch it if it's subtitled. i really don't care. if there's an option on the dvd, i normaly go for subs. but as for how popular something is, i'm all over the place. one of my favs is pilot candidate, but next to no one has seen it. but, on the other side i love very popular ones too like sailor moon. (sorry, i couldn't think of any others at the moment, but i do still love it for some odd reason)  

starbubbles

Sparkly Millionaire

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100

[[Insane.Perfection]]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:32 pm
I believe each side has its pros and cons.
While it is popular, you can talk to many people about it and they know what you're talking about and talk to you back. Then again, if its not an anime afficionado, you run the risk of them debating over which character is hotter and who looks cooler instead of getting real info from them.
With subbed, all you find are true fans, yet not as many as with popular in most cases.
I'm one that loves comenting about the latest chapters and future developments, but it's also good instructing the open-minded newbie. To each his own, I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:27 pm
i like all anime as long as it gots action and so on  

Loves-Slave

xxNai-chanxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:41 pm
agree. you love whatever anime you love. doesnt matter how old, new, popular, or unpopular the anime is. but for me i prefer the the subtitled versions. the english voice actors make me sick. (look what they've done to Naruto).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:41 pm
It can be just a tad inaccurate sometimes. I'd know. Some popular anime are really not that good, and some anime that are either obscure or not all that popular can turn out to be real gems. I'll bet none of you have heard of Teizokurei DAYDREAM. xd But THAT manga has a CULT following in Japan, and the anime was bloody awesome.  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Takanari-Shizumasa Touguu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:45 pm
I love different kinds of anime, although some are not as popular as others. I agree that some popular animes aren't that good. It all depends if the art and storyline are good.
Although I prefer subbed anime since, no offence, english voice actors really suck.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:17 am
i actually don`t like mainstream anime.
like that that play on adult swim.
i hate dubbing. i only like subbing. so if i like a anime that play on adult swim i usually youtube it cuz yeahh. don`t like dubbing. [:

but no matter if it`s mainstream or not. i won`t watch it if i don`t like it. &&i don`t care if other people like it or not. it`s all about whether or not it interest me [:

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:16 pm
OMFG, IT'S TEH JHI-CHAAAAAAAAAN~!!!!!!!!!!!! :TACKLEGLOMPLUFFLES:

But yeah. I'll have to agree. I'm more of a sub man, meself, but there ARE times when the US dub is WAY better than the Japanese dub. It's exceedingly rare, but it DOES happen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 pm
MadAzrael

But yeah. I'll have to agree. I'm more of a sub man, meself, but there ARE times when the US dub is WAY better than the Japanese dub. It's exceedingly rare, but it DOES happen.

Aaaand sometimes English dub is way better than English sub. wink Especially if it's fan sub. xd  

Shinrin Minto

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:22 pm
I agree. Fansubs CAN be pathetic. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:03 am
MadAzrael

n___n
azzyyy<3
i miss you soo much<3
i don`t understand japanese so i need english subs gonk

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Jhi-Jhi
MadAzrael

n___n
azzyyy<3
i miss you soo much<3
I still have your quote in mah sigg. XD

But yeah...I just mostly watch the Japanese dub. With or without subs, it don't mattah. XD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:52 pm
MadAzrael
Jhi-Jhi
MadAzrael

n___n
azzyyy<3
i miss you soo much<3
I still have your quote in mah sigg. XD

But yeah...I just mostly watch the Japanese dub. With or without subs, it don't mattah. XD

l0l
i still feel special [:

i see i don`t really like dubs [:

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

Kradxon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:37 pm
I remember the school article on anime. It was my senior year at the time. (im already in the 2nd yr of college) anime is overriding allot of the cartoons that use to play. In fact i heard that popular yugioh (2nd season) had to b edited heavily so kids could see it. the reason? the director went cuss happy.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff