Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan-themed music? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

With Motion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:58 pm
BlueRoseTorn
If you're into death metal, Nile has awesome songs about (obviously) Egyptian mythology. I can't find any information as to whether or not the members are practicing Kemetic pagans, however.

And the drummer, George Kollias, is a percussion god. heart
I usually hate metal of any kind. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 am
I completely forgot one song; "The Pentagram" by Tiamat. The lyrics are taken from a poem by Crowley.  

PhantomPhoenix0

Phoxglove

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:59 pm
I muchly enjoy Loreena McKennet, who has some songs that touch on pagan themes, or old stories and legends. Plus it sounds fantastic smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:01 pm
Gaia Consort hasn't been mentioned yet.  

TheDisreputableDog

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Hoshit, no one beat me to it?

Inkubus Sukkubus

26 of their songs are available for free download. If that seems like a lot, don't be surprised, they've been around for 18 years and have 13 albums (some re-releases)

I ADORE Candia's singing voice, and the music style is something I've never found the like of elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:24 pm
I'm definitely getting into and loving Omnia now. Apparently even though everything they do is acoustic, they put out a remix album called Cybershaman. I want it!!! heart

edit: yay samples  

With Motion

CricketBrain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:43 pm
With Motion
I'm definitely getting into and loving Omnia now. Apparently even though everything they do is acoustic, they put out a remix album called Cybershaman. I want it!!! heart

edit: yay samples

Yes, they are awesome, aren't they?
And you found samples that I wasn't aware of mrgreen
Someday I'll shell out the $30+ that it takes to get
one of their CD's in The States, but I'm not yet tired
of what they have for free on their website, and
I've been listening to it for months heart

btw, I like your more ethereal stuff quite a lot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:04 pm
CricketBrain

btw, I like your more ethereal stuff quite a lot.
why thank you =3  

With Motion

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:52 am
I'm definately developing a liking for loreena mckennit. ninja

I just butchered the spelling of that name didn't I?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:44 am
patch99329
I'm definately developing a liking for loreena mckennit. ninja

I just butchered the spelling of that name didn't I?
Just forgot a T. Loreena McKennitt. And I love her.  

TheDisreputableDog

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:50 am
Chris, I know you said you'd seen me post on the Celtic Music forum, but in case you didn't get it, or for all the Loreena McKennitt fans on here who don't have it already, Quinlan Road is the name of the label she created. The site is pretty amazing smile

Azam Ali is probaby my next favorite artist after Loreena. Her first solo album (Portals of Grace) deals a lot with the music of Medieval Europe. Her newer work (both solo and with her band, Niyaz) is based a lot around Sufi mysticism, and her first band (Vas, sadly no longer together) did a lot of work with Eastern spirituality, including some mantras. Really beautiful, powerful music. If anyone ever asked me for inspirational music, I'd give them her name.

Tina Malia has a lot of pagan themes in her music (both Western and Eastern). "Forever" and "Full Moon Dance" are my two favorites for rituals and the like, but I LOVE "Shores of Avalon".

Corvus Corax is a Gothic/Celtic bagpipe band from Germany, and seriously, I think that's enough to make anyone want to check them out...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Rajani Kali
Chris, I know you said you'd seen me post on the Celtic Music forum, but in case you didn't get it, or for all the Loreena McKennitt fans on here who don't have it already, Quinlan Road is the name of the label she created. The site is pretty amazing smile

Azam Ali is probaby my next favorite artist after Loreena. Her first solo album (Portals of Grace) deals a lot with the music of Medieval Europe. Her newer work (both solo and with her band, Niyaz) is based a lot around Sufi mysticism, and her first band (Vas, sadly no longer together) did a lot of work with Eastern spirituality, including some mantras. Really beautiful, powerful music. If anyone ever asked me for inspirational music, I'd give them her name.

Tina Malia has a lot of pagan themes in her music (both Western and Eastern). "Forever" and "Full Moon Dance" are my two favorites for rituals and the like, but I LOVE "Shores of Avalon".

Corvus Corax is a Gothic/Celtic bagpipe band from Germany, and seriously, I think that's enough to make anyone want to check them out...
Loreena and Azam are currently rocking my socks off. I think I like Azam more, but they're both superb!  

With Motion

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:23 pm
Which albums do you have? Or are you just finding what you can online?

Azam's band, Niyaz, has a new album coming out soon. And so does Loreena. I can't wait!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 pm
Rajani Kali
Which albums do you have? Or are you just finding what you can online?

Azam's band, Niyaz, has a new album coming out soon. And so does Loreena. I can't wait!!!!
online, I meant currently as in I'm looking them up right now :3  

With Motion

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:45 pm
On the more Hellenistic side of things; this was just posted on another guild I'm in. I've only listened to the first movement so far, but this is definitely one of my new favorite symphonic pieces ^_^ Just look at all those timpani!!!!"Movement 1" from Mythodeo - Vangelis
Dia Ela (Come Zeus)
Esy Pe Di (Child,you must)
Dia Erota,Zito Sy Ela (Zeus Eros,I call for you to come)
Dia Sy Thee Mou (Zeus my God)
Eso Men Sy,Esy Pe Thee (You're inside us,you Child God)
En Zi Theos (God lives inside)
Zito Te Tin Mitera Thee(I call for the Mother,God)
Men I Ek Tou Dia Men (Coming from Zeus)
Moni Ek Tou Dia Men (Alone from Zeus)
Pe Zef,Pe Di (Zeus Child,Child you must)
Deomeni Arhontos Dii (We pray to Lord Zeus)
Deomeni Deomen Si (Praying we call for you)
Deomen Deomen Deomeni (We call praying)

Now I'm off to listen to the rest!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas