Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Goths In Different countries. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:09 pm

I live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio and basically seeing goth people are really rare. Since now a days you see so called "Punks" and what seems to be the popular trend with preteens/teens these days Emo/Scene whatever you want to call it. So a lot of times I get mistaken as a Scene kid which makes me fairly pissed off since I don't have much in common with them. Though there is a city that is about twenty minutes away called Parma where there will be the scattered goths I know and I sometimes see them in Parmatown mall but we tend to stay away from there because of all the punks and emos because they love the Hot Topic and Spencers there and it gets quite annoying when you here them go "Hot Topic is so awesome and goth." We just tend to laugh. Though in my city only a few people actually know what a goth will look like and what surprises me is that it's like the older generation like people in there 30s and a few high school kids. At my school the teachers don't really mind me at all since most of them know me for my academics and band related things though they tend to worry about the scene kids since a lot of them live up to the stereotypes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:45 pm
Im from Germany. Living in a little village and working in the city.
When I started wearing "Goth" people in my village were lookin' and especially the kids called me "satan" etc.
Now, after a few years everyone knows my style. Only the people who are new here are staring and whispering.

In the city you only have to be carefull were you go. Avoide the "hip-hopers" etc... Else no one is looking or shouting.
Here are so many goths... Most of theme kiddy-goths who are on a little trip into the scene, but thanks to them everyone knows strange peole like us wink  

Surrealys

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:17 pm
Well here in a certain part of Indiana goths are often percieved alongside with drugs. Due to the large size of hippie goths, aka what my town calls skaters. (tight pants girls shirts. What most would call skaters.) Besides a little bit of fear that we worship the devil. I may have encouraged that one a bit, but we all have a little. My town doesnt have too much respect for it. My girlfriend approves it and even wishes she could dress like goth, htough her parents would throw all the goth clothes away like they did once before.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:16 am
I really admire your replies, i didn't know that even in the USA the goth aren't so free of false accusations and wrong looks from people around them. I would really hope i can keep this thread going.
Feel free to ask me anything that might come across your mind on the subject.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:44 am
Vampyr Heartagram
I really admire your replies, i didn't know that even in the USA the goth aren't so free of false accusations and wrong looks from people around them. I would really hope i can keep this thread going.
Feel free to ask me anything that might come across your mind on the subject.
we get blamed worse than rap music and violent video games combined  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:48 am
Hunter of the Dammed

Oh please.

I hear rants about one of those two subjects almost weekly on the news, whereas anti-goth reports might only come out every year or two. Almost 30 years of goth being around, we've gotten less negative media attention than Grand Theft Auto gets on a (release) yearly basis.  

GilAskan
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:52 am
GilAskan
Hunter of the Dammed

Oh please.

I hear rants about one of those two subjects almost weekly on the news, whereas anti-goth reports might only come out every year or two. Almost 30 years of goth being around, we've gotten less negative media attention than Grand Theft Auto gets on a (release) yearly basis.
Do we get any significant media attention here at all? neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:57 am
No matter how insignificant you might think it is. It's more than we get here.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:17 am
Its funny they occasionally get brave and try and blame alt. culture for violence over here... funnily enough, after that the channels experience a lot of 'technical difficulties' and I only realised why watching childrens TV... they do a camera pass over the crew and its all long hair, metal t-shirts and boots.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:10 pm
Rellik San
Its funny they occasionally get brave and try and blame alt. culture for violence over here... funnily enough, after that the channels experience a lot of 'technical difficulties' and I only realised why watching childrens TV... they do a camera pass over the crew and its all long hair, metal t-shirts and boots.

That's an answer i didn't expect. ROFL. Thanks for dropping by.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:23 pm
Vampyr Heartagram
Rellik San

That's an answer i didn't expect. ROFL. Thanks for dropping by.
Ahhh you know me, anything for you bebe. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:31 am
Goths are rather rare here; most of adults and older people have no idea what to imagine under "goth", among younger people it's not so unknown but mostly they don't know anything about goth music and believe that goths are simply people who dress darkly and listen to metal (I have nothing against metal, but what does it have to do with goth music??). Teenagers who dress darkly can be seen often, but they usually never heard of any goth music and are in fact metal fans or some kind of rock fans.  

Ametrin

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 am
Luz Melian
Goths are rather rare here; most of adults and older people have no idea what to imagine under "goth", among younger people it's not so unknown but mostly they don't know anything about goth music and believe that goths are simply people who dress darkly and listen to metal (I have nothing against metal, but what does it have to do with goth music??). Teenagers who dress darkly can be seen often, but they usually never heard of any goth music and are in fact metal fans or some kind of rock fans.

What country d you live in? your statement reminds me of my country.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:44 am
I'm in Czech republic.
It is already a few years since some knowledge of gothic has existed here, maybe since the later 90's or so (I'm not sure because I myself got to know about it only about 2,5 years ago), but like I say, it's often in this vague and twisted version of "gothic."  

Ametrin

Undead Goth Inc

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:28 pm
well where i am from is in Canada, the best place ever, i heard goths in Vritish Columbia are the most beautiful things u ever seen, but i live in Alberta, and my dad is the best lookin goth i say, for a deaf one, LOL, im deaf as well, anyways, to the point, i live in a small town so its hard to say how they are, its hard for me to be goth, i have no black pants, so ya, i say there acutaly not that bad, there is actualy one collefe somewhere here where they can get into, but it would be a little hard in the crowd, we use to have goth kids at the school, until they where told to go some other school because they thought they where dealing drugs or s**t, but then again, these where they most cutest things u ever seen as well, they where also really into magic, not satan and s**t like that, like how to change ur eye color, it actualy worked, they werent no contacts, anyways, ya goths here are really not the bad  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff