Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Older or Younger? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm
Mika_Clari
But in stories where there is a teacher/student relationship and the teacher is the uke, I'm just not attracted to it. There's just something about a 30 year old being completely dominated by a 17 year old that bothers me. Especially if the teacher is overly bottom...I can't take it.
It seems like they're stepping out of stereotypes a bit TOO deliberately.. especially since 90% of the time, the uke-teachers tend to look girlier and younger than the seme-students anyway. Like the manga-ka though "oh, hey, some fans seem not to be so into the typical seme/uke thing, let's reverse the roles.." and then miss the point entirely and think "the teacher is uke, so he should be girly and frail!!" gonk

Plzno. Older man generally = experience, so.. just, plzno. gonk I don't mind if the student is actually seme physically, but in most cases, the teacher should be leading the relationship emotionally.. in my preference. (C'mon, what's the POINT of a teacher/student relationship if not for the student to learn?)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:47 pm
I will forever prefer uke/uke relationships, except in cases where neither boy has a particular bottom or top placement in the relationships.
Back to my love for ********, like Raito/L and Zim/Dib.

But, I love my men to be as effeminite as I am. And I... Am extremely girly.

Yeyana

CandlelightsChaos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:53 pm
I'm generally not too picky cause I'll read any kind...But when the seme is the younger of the two there is something very appealing about it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:11 pm
I have thoughts about this. Believe it or not, I have thoughts about age, height, skin color and hair color (I don't know it's included or not). Like for examples, A person with silver or light hair color as seme and dark haired person as uke. Some semes are younger and smaller than their older and taller ukes. Also, the tallest and younger (like 6'ft, 15 years old) male would be a seme and the uke would be older but shorter (21 years old, 5'6ft) than his lover. It's depend whether you like them young or old. It's matter of taste.  

Behind Those Demon Eyes

Demonic Sex Symbol

Behind Those Demon Eyes

Demonic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:13 pm
Mika_Clari
But in stories where there is a teacher/student relationship and the teacher is the uke, I'm just not attracted to it. There's just something about a 30 year old being completely dominated by a 17 year old that bothers me. Especially if the teacher is overly bottom...I can't take it.

WoaH!!! Really?!?! 0_0  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:42 am
I generally like both the uke and seme to be in their 20s (or late teens), I like 30+ semes... the tall, dark and handsome type. xd

Sometimes when the uke is too young.. they just.. look annoyingly childish... and their eyes are TOO big.. scary big..  

[Ryan Azarcon]

[Ryan Azarcon]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:44 am
Skizzors
Mika_Clari
It seems like they're stepping out of stereotypes a bit TOO deliberately.. especially since 90% of the time, the uke-teachers tend to look girlier and younger than the seme-students anyway. Like the manga-ka though "oh, hey, some fans seem not to be so into the typical seme/uke thing, let's reverse the roles.." and then miss the point entirely and think "the teacher is uke, so he should be girly and frail!!" gonk

Plzno. Older man generally = experience, so.. just, plzno. gonk I don't mind if the student is actually seme physically, but in most cases, the teacher should be leading the relationship emotionally.. in my preference. (C'mon, what's the POINT of a teacher/student relationship if not for the student to learn?)
Thats very true. xd They tend to annoy me too unless its done by one of my favorite mangakas, then I tend to over look it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:12 pm
When it comes to the ages, I could care less. The stranger the age, the more I like it. LOL XP  

i_love_ramen

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:04 pm
Heh, funny how I started this a while back. Anyway after seeing some of MISHIMA Kazuhiko's works, I've developed a new taste for the seme/uke age size ratio.

To be honest I was so use to the seme being taller, older, and quite domineering, and the uke to be shorter, younger, and a little reluctant to sexual advances.

But MISHIMA completely switches this whole perception by making the short guy who is younger the one on top while the taller older one is the bottom. It's actually quite sexy after I've looking/reading them. I definitely can't wait for more.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:58 am
no preference  

protecterofelements

Miharu Kurosaki

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:33 am
I like early twenties pairing. I just don't like it when I see 10 year old looking anime doing it... like eh!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:55 am
The uke has to be the same age or younger and the same heigth or smaller than the seme cool  

[Romiette]

Truselo

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 pm
I would prefer the uke to be younger, and the seme to be older and a little rough  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:48 am
I like my sUGAR with COFFEE and cream.

I'm not really into the traditional uke-seme system. I actually don't care if there's a definite uke or seme in the relationship (ArcKim/KimArch is a good exapmle). So it doesn't really matter if the younger one's on bottom and the older tops, or vica versa.

~{User Image}~

Parisian Loafer

Bane Rie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:45 pm
I generally prefer older seme people, but I deviate every once in a while.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff