Fat people Beware Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Dendawga

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 am
Mexican and Indian food can be much worse than McDonalds. Burrito's are nearly (and sometimes more than) 1,000 calories. That's half of than the average person's daily caloric needs. Not too sure about all Indian, but the one down the street from work I can see all the grease they use on top my foods, and I know how bad curry is for me (but I <3 curry).

Anyways, apparently the Japs tax old fat people.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:39 pm
Selene Dendawga
Mexican and Indian food can be much worse than McDonalds. Burrito's are nearly (and sometimes more than) 1,000 calories. That's half of than the average person's daily caloric needs. Not too sure about all Indian, but the one down the street from work I can see all the grease they use on top my foods, and I know how bad curry is for me (but I <3 curry).

Anyways, apparently the Japs tax old fat people.
Seeing as how im Indian and i cook indian food at home from time to time i know first hand that indian food is cooked with alot of oils. The curry alone is a mix of oil, spices, and a dairy of some sort like yogart or coconut milk.

The taste is bad a** (especially when i make it **toots my own horn**) but over all the health factor lacks. The spices are great for your body but the oil is a killer. Indian food lacks fresh veggies, and a good portion of healthy dairy products.

I have mexican food on a more regular basis because i get my veggies, beans, small amounts of dairy, and carbs in one meal. (I dont eat meat so this is any food i happen to have with out meat) Mind you i dont have guac or sour cream (unless its the fat free kind) on any of my foods and i use fat free refried beans so that eliminates a huge portion of the fat. People dont realize how bad guac and sour cream can really be as far as fat goes.

Damn the Japanese do it already? hmm...

OoChIcKeNoO

Foghorn_Moonlight_Goddess

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:26 am
Im talking like rice.. and beans.. not taco bell mexican.. authentic..

indian food does not lack veggies.. what you talking about.. dal kabesh... chicken kababesh.. vegetable pakora. sheek kabbab.. mal putin.. UMMMM.. all met and veggie dishes.. mostly what i eat.. though I love me some chicken tikka marsala .. umm.... or tandori chicken.. ummmm..
anyways the place i eat at is a indian/ sw pakastain.. place.. it mixes the flavors of both.. and is so much better than any other indian resturaunt I have ever eat at.. ohhh... and they cook there naan fresh in a stone oven.. when you order it..
Its a high class indian resturant.. I worked there for 3 years so i get a real nice discount.. if he makes me pay at all..

Its the same for the mexican.. Its got spices... but its bland mostly save for the pico de gioa... its real pulled shreeded beef.. I life in a cultural area that has a lot of authentic.. authentic cultural foods.. theres a greek and italian place up the street as well.. UMMM>. anyways.. yea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:12 am
Your starting to make sense.....

All I say is, eat what you want when your hungry!
Just in smaller more managable portions.
Eat little but offten.
And drink plenty of fresh water.
I eat anything and everything, and look at me! I sit on my a** all day pretty much, I dont do none of this 30 min a day excersises, I go out when I need to an walk everywhere.

Just be happy with who you are, and dont listen to the world, its your life your living it not them. :3

heart

.....its time to up my medication.

oXPorkChopXo

Invisible Genius

11,550 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Selene Dendawga

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:36 am
Foghorn:
I'm not sure what Mexican you're eating at that's 'Authentic' and healthy, but Mexican food isn't healthy. Refried beans are beans fried twice. Black beans are healthier, but if it's Authentic, it was cooked in pork fat. Toritillas are dough and fat, unless you opted for corn, and Authentic isn't corn, it's freshly made white flour. Shredded chicken, pork, and beef are cooked in a high sodium with added oils broth. Taste great, but tons of added fats, not necessarily good fats. Authentic rice isn't white, but a mixture of tomato, garlic, oil, and sometimes chicken juice, depending on who cooked it.

I know what "real" Mexican food is because I am unfortunately, a Mexican. I got to eat all that stuff for way too many years. Unless you're getting something like Fajitas, there's usually not veggies with your meal. It's mostly some time of meat in a type of oily juice.

oXPureSilenceXo:
Yes, but if you're in a healthy weight range, eating small manageable portions, and you're not constantly eating at some fast food place, your metabolism is fast enough to burn what you consume. If you're at home sitting on your pc, the most excerise you get is getting to and from the car, eat at any drive thru on your way to somewhere...than your metabolism is slowing down.

The truth of the matter, most women aren't happy with their size. And even more importantly, it's not about being pencil thin or supermodel anorexic, it's about being healthy. Eating a Big Mac ever meal leads to health reasons.

Regardless how big or small you are, water is a must. If you don't drink it regularly and start drink at least 12 cups (8oz servings) a day (total of 96oz), then you'll suddenly lose weight. All that water weight most people carry cause they don't drink water.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:47 pm
foghorn_moonlight_goddess
Im talking like rice.. and beans.. not taco bell mexican.. authentic..

indian food does not lack veggies.. what you talking about.. dal kabesh... chicken kababesh.. vegetable pakora. sheek kabbab.. mal putin.. UMMMM.. all met and veggie dishes.. mostly what i eat.. though I love me some chicken tikka marsala .. umm.... or tandori chicken.. ummmm..
anyways the place i eat at is a indian/ sw pakastain.. place.. it mixes the flavors of both.. and is so much better than any other indian resturaunt I have ever eat at.. ohhh... and they cook there naan fresh in a stone oven.. when you order it..
Its a high class indian resturant.. I worked there for 3 years so i get a real nice discount.. if he makes me pay at all..

Its the same for the mexican.. Its got spices... but its bland mostly save for the pico de gioa... its real pulled shreeded beef.. I life in a cultural area that has a lot of authentic.. authentic cultural foods.. theres a greek and italian place up the street as well.. UMMM>. anyways.. yea
Umm hun... youre speaking to someone thats born and raised indian and cook everything you just listed out of her kitchen.

Indian food is not healthy. It lacks nutrients. All the veggies are steamed, deep fried, baked or mixed with oils. They are not fresh and when theyre not fresh theyre not in the least bit healthy. Indian food tastes great and spices are healthy for you but over all its a heart attack waiting to happen. Meat that is cooked indian style might be healthier then any other style.

But over all Indian food is not healthy because it lacks FRESH veggies that still have their nutrients in them.

OoChIcKeNoO

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 pm
all I know is i dont see very many fat indians, or mexicans.. and i dont care how fat i get.. LOL.. good food is good food... and i will eat it tell the wrold ends  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 am
foghorn_moonlight_goddess
all I know is i dont see very many fat indians, or mexicans.. and i dont care how fat i get.. LOL.. good food is good food... and i will eat it tell the wrold ends
LOL you havent been looking hard enough... I see them all the time around here.

The indian people around where i live dont usually gain the weight till their metabolism catches up with them. So as they get older they gain more weight. But thats only if your family was blessed with a good metabolism rate, and as we know not all families are.

OoChIcKeNoO

Selene Dendawga

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:35 pm
Mexican mothers are usually heavy because their life is very sedentary. They stay at home, cook food, and raise babies (old fashion traditional mothers). Men, however, spend the majority of their days at work which requires tons of physical labor. But that sterotypical ones. None sterotypical eat Mexican food day in and day out.

Because it gets really old fast. Variety is the spice of life.
<3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 pm
It is so much.. I need to stop talking about indain food though I have been thinking about it for days now.. and its making me really hungary 4laugh pirate  

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Melena Rai

Magical Phantom

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 am
oi you guys wanna hear unhealthy.. *raises hand* pennsylvania dutch cooking..

your typical meat and potatoes..

lots of carbs and fats sweatdrop sucks.. tastes good .. but sucks..  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:46 am
LOL.. I've actually lost weight the past 3 weeks.. almost 10 lbs.. and Im not even trying  

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

woman of torture2

5,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:35 am
I think banning obese people is wrong. As well as jacking up the price on food. Not everyone is fat because of what they eat. obesity is also partly hereditary (cant spell). you also have people who loose weight to fast and have the skin, still trying to unstretch its self. yes i agree we should watch our kids and what they eat. but for the older people, let them eat what they want. you cant teach an old dog new tricks.. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 am
yes.. yes... yes.. I agree with you completly  

Original Gaian

14,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200

woman of torture2

5,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200