Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Vamps Vs Goths What's the Difference Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:57 pm
Essentially, they're furries without the gay costumes.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:00 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Goths are fans of goth rock.
Vampires are fairy tales.
Goth is a style of music, but its mostly just a clothing style. It was a style before music genre. Also, just because you listen to goth music does not mean your gothic.  

Opium Hooker

Opium Hooker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:01 pm
Vampire's suck  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:47 pm
Opium Hooker
Sinister Kung Fu
Goths are fans of goth rock.
Vampires are fairy tales.
Goth is a style of music, but its mostly just a clothing style. It was a style before music genre. Also, just because you listen to goth music does not mean your gothic.

You can listen to goth rock, and not be goth, however you can't be a goth without being a fan of goth rock. It's kinda the key thing of what makes someone a goth. confused  

Sinister Kung Fu

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:13 pm
This thread is one otherkin-related post from being locked.

Fair warning.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:15 am
GilAskan
This thread is one otherkin-related post from being locked.

Fair warning.

Oo;; Meaning if we don't stick to only Vamps vs Goths like the topic started this thread will be stopped?

ShadowLotus

DioRte

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 pm
Go to ED and do it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:45 pm
Opium Hooker
Vampire's suck

lawl!  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

DioRte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:12 pm
It died =[  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:48 am
Disease
Folkloric vampirism has been associated with a series of deaths due to unidentifiable or mysterious illnesses, usually within the same family or the same small community. Tuberculosis and the pneumonic form of bubonic plague were associated with breakdown of lung tissue which would cause blood to appear at the lips. Dr Juan Gómez-Alonso, a neurologist at Xeral Hospital in Vigo, Spain, examined the possibility of a link with rabies in the journal Neurology. The susceptibility to garlic and light could be due to rabies-induced hypersensitivity. The disease can also affect portions of the brain that could lead to disturbance of normal sleep patterns (thus becoming nocturnal) and hypersexuality. Legend once said a man was not rabid if he could look at his own reflection (an allusion to the legend that vampires have no reflection). Wolves and bats, which are often associated with vampires, can be carriers of rabies. The disease can also lead to a drive to bite others and to a bloody frothing at the mouth.

Porphyria
In 1985 biochemist David Dolphin proposed a link between the rare blood disorder porphyria and vampire folklore. Noting that the condition is treated by intravenous haem, he suggested that the consumption of large amounts of blood may result in haem being transported somehow across the stomach wall and into the bloodstream. Thus vampires were merely sufferers of porphyria seeking to replace haem and alleviate their symptoms. The theory has been rebuffed medically as suggestions that porphyria sufferers crave the haem in human blood, or that the consumption of blood might ease the symptoms of porphyria, are based on a misunderstanding of the disease. Furthermore, Dolphin was noted to have confused fictional (bloodsucking) vampires with those of folklore, many of whom were not noted to drink blood. Similarly, a parallel is made between sensitivity to sunlight by sufferers, yet this was associated with fictional and not folkloric vampires. In any case, Dolphin did not go on to publish his work more widely. Despite being dismissed by experts, the link gained media attention and entered popular modern folklore.

Vampirism is a Disease
Goth is a lifesystle  

Damos Darkfire

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:09 pm
I personally didn't think vampire were real, in till my friend Kate came to me with this death look on er face and some creppy a** eye's, they looked like cat eye or something like that I can't remember. After tat day I am a little scared of my friend  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:51 pm
nightmare10192
I personally didn't think vampire were real, in till my friend Kate came to me with this death look on er face and some creppy a** eye's, they looked like cat eye or something like that I can't remember. After tat day I am a little scared of my friend
Cat eye?Sure they weren't those contacts or something? surprised  

Awesome Akwardness

XxXDark_Fallen_AngelXxXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:42 am
i am anko im gothic but i love vamps i think goths and vamps are alike.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 pm
Goth is a subcultrue and vampires are actual mythological creatures of the night. Vamps drink blood and would die if they went out in the sun. Goths are human underneath and just prefer to stay in the shade rather than going out in the light and making their hair look yellow instead of black. rolleyes  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

xStephanx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:07 am
While most of the vampire types you can meet out there are nuts, the idea of a vampire lover is a tad sexy.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff