Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Testing Gods Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:46 am
TeaDidikai
loona wynd
Question on this topic:

Say I wanted to contact Shekmet (sp?) or Bast for their healing aspects,
Why reduce gods to aspects?
I typically don't, but that's what I was focusing on during my ritual and meditation.
Quote:
Quote:
I believe it was a healing deity
What makes you believe so?
I asked for a healing deity to help with my ritual and help me heal and become a "whole" person.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:25 pm
loona wynd
I asked for a healing deity to help with my ritual and help me heal and become a "whole" person.

Did you know that the knives that Shekmet carries are suregons tools ?
You want to be sliced open and to have things taken out of you ?  

ShadowSharrow

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:33 pm
ShadowSharrow
loona wynd

I didn't know that...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:10 am
patch99329
loona wynd
Question on this topic:

Say I wanted to contact Shekmet (sp?) or Bast for their healing aspects, and some one comes, but doesn't show their "face" only blinding sunlight surrounding them, how can I find out who it was? I believe it was a healing deity, and I think it may have been one of them, I just don't know how to see who it was/is.

Not saying it was actually him.
But apollo is associated with the sun as well as healing. ninja

Why not just ask?
Well I did do a guided meditation to meet your "guides" and they said your guides could be animal, spirits, or even deities. Every time I do the meditation (I do it frequently, bout once a month) a tall man surrounded by light comes to me. It looks kinda like the sun, but not at the same time. He's strong and kind. Doesn't say much, but gives me pictures to think about, and most of them involve me healing myself and healing other later on in life.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:28 am
loona wynd

Personally if it was me in your position I would not be looking to be magically healed, esp if the issues were emotional and pertaining to past tramatic events in this life ( trust me been there, done that and still dealing with some of it ).

I would be working for clarity to help deal with the issues and see how they effect me,
the strength to endure the process,
the patience to see it out to the end,
the guidance to help find the right professionals to work with
the courage to deal with it all
the support and understanding from family and friends and to be able to accept that help and support, (cos that part for me was fecking hard).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:38 pm
ShadowSharrow
loona wynd

Personally if it was me in your position I would not be looking to be magically healed, esp if the issues were emotional and pertaining to past tramatic events in this life ( trust me been there, done that and still dealing with some of it ).

I would be working for clarity to help deal with the issues and see how they effect me,
the strength to endure the process,
the patience to see it out to the end,
the guidance to help find the right professionals to work with
the courage to deal with it all
the support and understanding from family and friends and to be able to accept that help and support, (cos that part for me was fecking hard).
I'm doing all that and it seems like I'm not getting any where. Which is why I was asking for a deity to continue to help me though.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 pm
loona wynd
ShadowSharrow
loona wynd

I didn't know that...
Seriously. Please try to do some research before you request the help of some of these gods. Sekhmet was supposed to heal the world of its disrespect for Ra by killing everyone. She is the Lady of Plague, She heals wounds by searing them with flame and cutting away dead or diseased tissue. Now, this is exactly what some people need for some problems. But sometimes, when you can get away with less, you should try the easier road first. It's not quite accurate to say "don't use a cleaver to remove a splinter," as She is also the Lady of Appropriate Action, but that's the general idea, especially when calling on Her simply as "insert healing deity here." Tough love may not be what you need--even if it is, you still can't be better served than to know Who you're dealing with as best you can.

Also, Bast isn't simply "Sekhmet-lite" if that is a subsequent thought.

Are you looking for "positive" healing or "negative" healing? Meaning, do you need the kind of healing that entails removing harmful things from your life (negative), or the kind that entails promoting beneficial things (positive)? Keeping an Egyptian framework, Sekhmet or Set may be willing to help with the negative type--but it would be wise to approach Them with a more thorough understanding of Who They Are, rather than looking for a cookie-cutter imprint. For the positive aspect, you could try asking Hethert or Nefertem. In terms of "wholeness," you could try considering the concept of Ma'at and how you can better put your life in balance in order to make the most of yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:27 am
TheDisreputableDog
loona wynd
ShadowSharrow
loona wynd

I didn't know that...
Seriously. Please try to do some research before you request the help of some of these gods. Sekhmet was supposed to heal the world of its disrespect for Ra by killing everyone. She is the Lady of Plague, She heals wounds by searing them with flame and cutting away dead or diseased tissue. Now, this is exactly what some people need for some problems. But sometimes, when you can get away with less, you should try the easier road first. It's not quite accurate to say "don't use a cleaver to remove a splinter," as She is also the Lady of Appropriate Action, but that's the general idea, especially when calling on Her simply as "insert healing deity here." Tough love may not be what you need--even if it is, you still can't be better served than to know Who you're dealing with as best you can.

Also, Bast isn't simply "Sekhmet-lite" if that is a subsequent thought.

Are you looking for "positive" healing or "negative" healing? Meaning, do you need the kind of healing that entails removing harmful things from your life (negative), or the kind that entails promoting beneficial things (positive)? Keeping an Egyptian framework, Sekhmet or Set may be willing to help with the negative type--but it would be wise to approach Them with a more thorough understanding of Who They Are, rather than looking for a cookie-cutter imprint. For the positive aspect, you could try asking Hethert or Nefertem. In terms of "wholeness," you could try considering the concept of Ma'at and how you can better put your life in balance in order to make the most of yourself.
Thank you for the suggestion and information. The books and source I have that mention her didn't say anything about that. I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know much about deities in general. I'll have to do some more research.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:13 am
Something that comes to mind is that often when "medicine" doesn't cure what it is supposed to cure, it is because there has been a misdiagnoses, and the "medicine" isn't meant to cure what it is being taken for.

Myself, before jumping headlong into a relationship with a god after trying to fix a specific problem and having nothing work, I would reevaluate what I think I am trying to fix.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 pm
All good advice. Thank you!  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Any or all. I was curious if some of the offended ones would roll off your tongue.

From most of what I have been able to read on the matter, Zeus, and Jove, and Adonai have a mytho-histroical habit of getting pissy at people who push them after they reveal their true nature.

Coyote, on the other hand, seems to love the game, even to the point that, and this is merely conjecture, it almost seems as if he would pretend to be a thought form, just to play with, or encourage growth in his current victim/beneficiary  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:24 am
Fiddlers Green

From most of what I have been able to read on the matter, Zeus, and Jove, and Adonai have a mytho-histroical habit of getting pissy at people who push them after they reveal their true nature.
Not too familiar with the mythology from Zeus on the matter. But it seems very clear that the three religions of Adonai have some very clear positions on the subject that argue for testing- as prophecy has been removed from Judaism until they return to their land, Christian scripture time and time again tells people to test the Spirit, and gives method for doing so, and Islam argues that there are no more prophets as I recall.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:14 pm
TeaDidikai
Not too familiar with the mythology from Zeus on the matter. But it seems very clear that the three religions of Adonai have some very clear positions on the subject that argue for testing- as prophecy has been removed from Judaism until they return to their land, Christian scripture time and time again tells people to test the Spirit, and gives method for doing so, and Islam argues that there are no more prophets as I recall.

So, shall we take out any reference to punishment for those who doubt?

Romans makes a strong argument for shut up and do what you're told.
I personally don't count Christianity as having a divinity related to Adonai tho, as I have already explained.

Job makes a strong case for those who just accept whatever is going on are in the right.

Some interpretations of the Koran have some harsh rules for those who doubt the words of Allah.

I'll dredge an info dump next time I have a day off, and catch up on the instances of other groups.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 am
Fiddlers Green

So, shall we take out any reference to punishment for those who doubt?
I wouldn't consider a need for testing and doubting to be synonymous.
Quote:

Romans makes a strong argument for shut up and do what you're told.
I personally don't count Christianity as having a divinity related to Adonai tho, as I have already explained.
However- part of doing what one is told is testing as is outlined in 1Jo 4:1?
Quote:

Job makes a strong case for those who just accept whatever is going on are in the right.
However- Judaism also states that Prophecy is removed from the Chosen People and Judaism is a theology of National Revelation.

Quote:
Some interpretations of the Koran have some harsh rules for those who doubt the words of Allah.
My understanding is that is in response to those who are Islamic- and only applies to the Koran itself. Is this incorrect?  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:35 am
How would one be able to tell the difference between a deity and a thought form?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff