Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:00 pm
Autograph
We've forgotten the bestest comedy of all time (bar Black Adder):

BOTTOM!

My God, those were the days...

Ah, yes, I used to watch it ages ago. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:33 am
I do believe we have all forgotten something very important....The comedy which appears to reside within each and every Brit. I don't actually know of any other country where the inhabitants will laugh at themselves quite so readily...or about such a diverse range of subjects.

biggrin  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:01 am
Sabredog
illyrianth
Moomba666
Yes "Have i got news for you" is a great show. Satire at its best. Last nights was good, Ronnie Corbett hehe

I heard it was a good one last night, but I missed it sad
Funniest one I've seen in a long time. I shoulda taped it. =/ Ronnie Corbett was excellent.

Yeah i agree, that one and the Bruce Forsyth one. That was great!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:47 am
illyrianth
I do believe we have all forgotten something very important....The comedy which appears to reside within each and every Brit. I don't actually know of any other country where the inhabitants will laugh at themselves quite so readily...or about such a diverse range of subjects.

biggrin

Aye! It is unfortunate that, in my comedic attempts, I have managed to piss a few of my teachers off. biggrin  

Knightsedge
Crew

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:29 am
Knightsedge

Aye! It is unfortunate that, in my comedic attempts, I have managed to piss a few of my teachers off. biggrin

Bravo! Keep up the good work on that score wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:15 am
illyrianth
Knightsedge

Bravo! Keep up the good work on that score wink

If only my teacher wasn't also my mom .... gonk

Being home-schooled is not fun.

Switchblade no Demi

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:25 am
Quote:
Boris Johnson on Have i got news was great, always muddling up his lines etc. Shame they wont use him now, because of his Liverpool remarks and the sacking by the tory party. He'd get made fun of too much on the show (thats why Angus Deaton had to go).

But I thought that only mattered because Angus was full time presenter? Surely it would still work with Boris because half the presenters on now are equally possible to be made fun of?

Meh.

Well, personally, Blackadder fan. And QI, oh my goodness, I love Stephen Fry! And Alan Davies is fantastic.

Hmmm, in comedy, are we including writing? Because I also love Stephen Fry's books. Excellent.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:29 am
vanilla.pod

Hmmm, in comedy, are we including writing? Because I also love Stephen Fry's books. Excellent.

If we include authors, then Terry Pratchett must surely be mentioned... 3nodding  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:47 am
Moomba666
Boris Johnson on Have i got news was great, always muddling up his lines etc. Shame they wont use him now, because of his Liverpool remarks and the sacking by the tory party. He'd get made fun of too much on the show (thats why Angus Deaton had to go).

I thought that was something to do with prostitutes and/or cocaine? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:53 am
illyrianth
If we include authors, then Terry Pratchett must surely be mentioned...

Oh, very definitely!

Invictus_88
Moomba666

I thought that was something to do with prostitutes and/or cocaine?

...which then led to him being made fun of on the show!  

Vanilla Pod

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:17 am
vanilla.pod
Invictus_88
Moomba666

I thought that was something to do with prostitutes and/or cocaine?

...which then led to him being made fun of on the show!

*blinks*

Ah, totally misunderstood it. Thought it meant something about Boris being made fun by Deaton or something..

*changes subject*

Anyone read Boris' book? The comedy one..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:12 am
Quote:
*blinks*

Ah, totally misunderstood it. Thought it meant something about Boris being made fun by Deaton or something..

*changes subject*

Anyone read Boris' book? The comedy one..

Ah yes, I can see how you could get that!

I haven't read it, but I'm rather keen to. Have you? Has anyone? I'll probably read it eventually regardless of positive or negative reviews, but opinions are good.  

Vanilla Pod

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:40 am
I quite enjoyed it, good serving of light humour and U.S.-sceptic opinion. Good characters, I was somewhat impressed with them. He writes quite amusingly, though if you want a serious read it's probably not what you're looking for.

I read it a few months back, it's called "72 Virgins" or something of that ilk.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:59 pm
Funny books hmmm Discworld is funny...other than that im blank. I havnt read much in ages... sad  

Moomba666

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:04 pm
Moomba666
Funny books hmmm Discworld is funny...other than that im blank. I havnt read much in ages... sad

Run! Run now to buy the book of Boris! wink  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces