Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:13 pm
DreamerSpirit
My take on present-day American politics is that there are many rerorms which need to be made.

First off, the democrats really need to get organized, as well as get the hell away from centrist political views! Democrats, once moderate liberals have turned into centrists... and if this trend continues then they may become mild conservatives. I'm not a democrat, however since I don't think the party to whom I throw my support (green) is going to get anyone elected into an important governmental office anytime soon, I'd like to see the dems returning to thier liberal roots.

As for individual issues, I'm completely and fully anti-war, especially with this occupation of Iraq with which the government keeps changing thier reasoning for why we're fighting. Not only are soilders being killed, but innocent Iraqi civillians are dying at the hands of the USA as well.

With abortion, I'm completely against all of the proposed bans which so many are backing. Just because a condom happens to break, does that mean that a woman must suffer a nine-month pregnancy, and perhaps another 18+ years with the child? What's even worse is that banning abortion won't make the practice dissappear, but it will merely make it go back-alley, puting thousands of women at a high risk for horrific infections, possibly resulting in life-long injury or even death.
Also, on the topic of pregnancy, I don't think that the fedrally-funded 'abstinance-only' sex ed classes are at all good. Studies have shown thaht through such programs, where false information is so often given, more students are likely to end up pregnant or with STD's than those students who have had a rigorous sex-ed course.

As for taxes, I do not feel that they're too high, though I do believe that the manner in which tax money is divvied up is a bit skewed. I feel that less money should be going to the military, and more should be going to education, enviromental programs, and healthcare.

With same-sex marriage, there's supposedly a bill pretainig to it which may come up to senate soon. I'm against the bill, as it's calling for a ban on same-sex marriage. I say that consenting adults have every right to be together, wether they're of the same sex or not. I'm bisexual, and were I to fin that my true love was a woman, I'd damn well want the right to marry her. Also, I hate it when people use thier religion to back up thier homophobic views... YOUR religion shouldn't dictate how I should live MY life. There are some common practices which happen to be against my moral views, such as the slaughter of animals for food or otherwise, but I don't go around trying to ban the consumption of meat, nor do I shove my view down other's throats.

I could go on with more ranting, but I think I'll stop for now...

*Applauds* Very well put.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:31 am
What do you guys think about the speech president bush gave about the immigrents (sp?) ? Do you support it or not? Is there parts you agree with and parts you don't? Please I would love to know!
Here are the highlights of his speech...
Bush said the United States does not have complete control of its borders and millions of people who have sneaked across the border have stayed in this country, living in the shadows of society.

NATIONAL GUARD:

Bush said the federal government will pay for up to 6,000 National Guard troops to be deployed to the southern border. They will serve in two-week rotations, meaning that over the course of a year a total of 156,000 troops could be involved. He said Guard units will not be involved in direct law enforcement activities; that duty will be performed by the Border Patrol. Guard units will work in support positions.

TEMPORARY WORKER PROGRAM:

Bush called for a temporary worker program allowing foreign workers to enter the United States for jobs for a limited period of time. They would be required to return to their home countries at the conclusion of their stay.

EMPLOYERS:

It is against the law to hire an illegal immigrant, and Bush said employers must be held to account for their employees. He said a tamper-proof identification card for every legal foreign worker would help with law enforcement and leave employers with no excuse for violating the law.

PATH TO CITIZENSHIP:

Bush said it is not realistic to deport the millions of people illegally living in the United States. 'I believe that illegal immigrants who have roots in our country and want to stay should have to pay a meaningful penalty for breaking the law, to pay their taxes, to learn English and to work in a job for a number of years. People who meet these conditions should be able to apply for citizenship but approval would not be automatic, and they will have to wait in line behind those who played by the rules and followed the law. What I have just described is not amnesty; it is a way for those who have broken the law to pay their debt to society and demonstrate the character that makes a good citizen.'

ASSIMILATION:

Bush said that Americans 'are bound together by our shared ideals, an appreciation of our history, respect for the flag we fly and an ability to speak and write the English language. English is also the key to unlocking the opportunity of America.'

APPEAL TO CONGRESS:

Bush said he was speaking directly to members of the House and Senate in appealing for a comprehensive immigration bill. 'All elements of this problem must be addressed together or none of them will be solved at all,' he said. The House passed a law-and-order immigration bill that would erect fences along the Mexican border and treat people who sneak across borders as felons to be deported. The Senate began debate Monday on a broader bill.

For the full speech click here

Personally I belive that we should tighten our boarder. I dissagree about we should let more immagrents in our country. I mean we have enough problems about people out of jobs giveing people from other countries jobs is not a solution.... I do support what he says in the path to citizenship. Immagrents that have been here that long should be punished but is mostly part of america and should be allowed to stay here cause they have put roots here...  

SelenX

The Rose of Demise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:52 am
Abou taxes. They have been high and will remain high until we can somehow rework our entire economy and get factories back into the United States. My dad, who has a factory job and had to work at the bottom for a long time says that a big problem is that people are wanting too much money for things. What I`m saying is that people in factories perform mundane jobs where they don`t exert much energy for it and they expect to be payed high wages. Basically, people who really do nothing all day should stop wanting 14.50 per hour instead of 13.00. Another problem with this is that I`ve heard of this bill, not 100% sure, but Bush is dumb enough to do it. Supposedly it gives tax breaks to companies that outsource and raises taxes for companies that stay in America.

People, quit complaining WAL-MART is ridding us of mom and pop buissnesses. If WAL-MART wasn`t there, some other corporation would just take it`s place. They have things for cheap, and people want an item for $10 rather than the same thing for $20.

People need to quit abusing the welfare system. Too many people do that in my town. They can work, but they choose not to. A friend of my neighbor has a thing that allows him to do contracted plumbing. But instead, he sits around collecting welfare all day. I know they are people who need it, but for every one person that does, there are two who abuse it. This would also help out with the tax problem.

Abortions are allright up to when the fetus is formed. When it gets to that point,you have waited far too long. It also starts to become dangerouse at that point.Women who were raped shouldn`t have to carry the child of their attacker and one little night of fun when you`re in high school shouldn`t mess up a young couples life forever. What I want to see are the people who oppose abortions out their taking care of kids left in the streets after their mothers just gave birth. Or the kids in the orphanages their entire lives because their parents couldn`t get a simple abortion. And what abour kids starving because mommy and daddy can`t take care of them?

Bush is just an idiot who has no goverment leadership skills of his own. End of story.

They want a seperation of church and state, then why do they use religion in almost everything. Stop thinking about religion for just a second and put the peole themselves in front of their eyes. I think bills and laws might be a little different.

Homosexuality is a choice of the people`s. Frogive me if I`m a little wrong on that. But who are these old guys to say that a couple can`t marry just because they are of the same sex? That is their choice and they shouldn`t be hated or discriminated for it.

Sorry if I made a few spelling errors. But here is what I believe. Sorry to rant on so much also. Once I get going, tend not to stop.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:02 am
I would bestly be described as a centrist republican/south park republican. I strongly support the 2nd amendment, I believe marijuana should be legal, I am pro-war in Iraq (because of it not being a draft, it's your choice to join), I'm pro gay marriage, abortion for some (rape, mother's life is in danger, under 18, child is severly mentally or physically ill), strongly support the seperation of church and state, I highly believe in capitalism, for small government, between bush and kerry I would pick bush (I really didn't like kerry). Any other questions on where I stand on different subjects go right ahead and ask.  

metalfandragula

metalfandragula

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:07 am
metalfandragula
I would bestly be described as a centrist republican/south park republican. I strongly support the 2nd amendment, I believe marijuana should be legal, I am pro-war in Iraq (because of it not being a draft, it's your choice to join), I'm pro gay marriage, abortion for some (rape, mother's life is in danger, under 18, child is severly mentally or physically ill), strongly support the seperation of church and state, I highly believe in capitalism, for small government, between bush and kerry I would pick bush (I really didn't like kerry). Any other questions on where I stand on different subjects go right ahead and ask.

Also I would like a reform on the welfare system, it is too highly abused.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:29 pm
One thing that's really bothering me besdies the war, and gas costs of course, is Bush's big infatuation with banning gay marriage. Grow the ******** up, why the Hell does he have to make this his mission? Even if I agreed with him about it, (which of course I don't) I'd think that'd be one of the last things on his agenda considering all the other s**t he's gotten us into.  

KoRnfucius

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces