View Results

Rualeen

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:39 pm
Merlinssister
I've only got one fairly full floor to ceiling bookcase. It's full of fantasy books, manga, classics, the odd graphic novel, a bit of sci-fi, some chick lit (although good quality stuff, only Alice Hoffman and some Joanne Harris)... It's not in any order but I know where stuff is and it's mostly by what's similar. I'm still young so there's plenty of time for filling more bookcases xd

That's the spirit 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:12 am
mine i should say is fairly small.....i don't even own a bookcase as a matter of fact......but i only collect fantasy novels.......so far a shelf of my bookcabinet(not really for books but i got nothing to put it in so i use it as a bookcase sweatdrop ) i haven't been collecting fantasy novels for long..maybe for 2 years i should say....most of my books then were nancy drew....i kinda regret it now....anyway at least my collection is getting bigger everytime....so if you could just have a suggestion it would be appriciated....  

pkmn1995

GuardianDragonsSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:32 pm
Okay, here's a list of where my books are...

Three floor-to-ceiling bookcases in my room
Two large boxes under my bed
One and a half floor-to-ceiling bookcases in the living room
Various piles around my bedside table

And that only accounts for about two-thirds of them O_O  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:38 am
well...I like to own every book I read, and then I pretty categorize them. My friends are always coming to me to get a book, they call my closet my personal library, cuz thats pretty much what it is.....my collection is WAY over the top....I was a Teachers Aide in my school library last year, and we would have to get rid of some of the books, it nearly broke my heart, so the librarians let me keep some of them......my collection grows!!!  

bumbbles10

Merriara

5,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:12 am
It's rather large, but I'll go to the library sometimes...I bought my first book when I was,um, under the age of 5 is all I can say. Yes, I give my books a special place on the top of the bookcase and I'm trying to get more books! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:41 pm
My collection isn't as big as I would like it. My fantasy is tossed in there like a mixed salad with all my other genres. I'm not really sure how big it is......I might have to check that out. As my allowance grows, so does my collection.  

V for Virtuoso

Quotable Flatterer

9,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:13 am
I started out with a bookcase. Since I've moved, I have boxes in storage, boxes in the attic, boxes in the dining room, boxes in the hallway, boxes in my closet, boxes in my room, books stacked on shelves and floating around my room and the manga's in the living room. About 60% of my books are fantasy, 5% mysteries, 15% romance, and 10% research for my writing (some fantasy). I have David Eddings, Harry Potter, Harry Dresden, Anne Rice, Mercedes Lackey, Narnia, Terry Brooks, Laurell K. Hamilton... the list is endless. I'm currently banned from entering bookstores and buying online because I have no money. I haven't even finished half of the books I do have.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:00 pm
my fantasy book collection: if you include the romance novells, mystry books ec. then its over the top. how ever: if you mean just books about fantasy creatures and stuff: small. i am still building it up. smile  

Big sunny18

IncompleteConspiracy

Shameless Witch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:33 am
I bought my first book when I was five. It was a picture book, but I loved it.

My current book status has its ups and downs. I have a massive amount of books, and little space to put them. My family complains that I have too many books, and that if I got rid of them, my room would be so much cleaner. It helps that Alabraska's libraries are down, so i can loan out my books to my friends while "getting rid of them" at the same time. It's hard to keep track of all the books. I have to keep a journal of what book went to who and when.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:56 am
heart My collections are mainly Australian authors Like Traci Harding, Isobelle Carmody and Glenda Larke. I guest I am being patroic but I'm open to any writers. Any Suggestion's? heart biggrin

felicity_mills

IncompleteConspiracy

Shameless Witch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:22 pm
felicity_mills
heart My collections are mainly Australian authors Like Traci Harding, Isobelle Carmody and Glenda Larke. I guest I am being patroic but I'm open to any writers. Any Suggestion's? heart biggrin

Try Queenie Chan and Sherryl Jordan. They're both really good authors.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:46 am
My fantasy collection is... not that big.
Not compared to all my books totalled.
Which is strange, 'cause fantasy is without-a-doubt my favourite genre...

I've no idea how many books I own. Too many anyway. I have seven shelves full, there are piles of them on the floor and in and on the wardrobe and dressers, some in my brothers room, my friend tends to borrow about a dozen a time, so theres usually a few with her as well, and numerous others scattered about the house.

I love owning books. I'll often borrow books from friends if I can't get them right away, but I always go out later and buy a copy anyway. I don't let other people buy me books as that probably how my collection of mystery, crime and romance novels has grown so large. I've an uncle who does regular clear-outs of his fantasy collection and donates everything he doesn't want to me.

My favourite books are kept... on the shelves right beside my bed. Those are all fantasy. My rooms tiny, and those seven shelves take take up most of the wall space. I'm getting two more up this weekend, and then I'm officially out of storage space as far as books are concerned.

I also have this horrible habit of buying books when I don't have time to read them. At the moment, I'm in the middle of reading four books, and I have nine more in line as well!
Whew!  

Foolish Catalyst

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:48 am
I guess I have an average collection of fantasy books on my shelves.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 pm
My total book collection is at least a couple thousand books. I separate by genre and I have at least 250-500 fantasy books. I have four floor to ceiling shelves and three smaller shelves in one house and a medium size bookcase and three built in shelves filled at another. I also have books covering the guest bed and most of my bedroom floor.

Unfortunately my town's library is pretty small and I've read almost all the interesting books I can find there in the past few years so I don't have a choice but to buy books if I want to read. gonk  

ArtemisLiCa

babie3000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:07 pm
My house has at least fifteen bookshelves and we have books stacked all over the house. but i hate to spend money on new ones so i only own my favorites but i practically live at the bookstore and library. (the librarians know me by name and always ask me what books they should order)  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff