Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A few questions about stones and gems. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[BlkCat]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:55 pm
TeaDidikai

[BlkCat]
Stop acting like such a know-it-all.
Having knowledge comes with the responsibility to use it properly. Having seen the abuse that a "little learning" can bring- I speak up when I see people offering poor advice. And that is what this is. It's wan in it's understanding.
Quote:

You seem like a very self centered

You do not know of which you speak. I highly suggest that you retract that assertion.

Quote:
and closed minded person.

As for "closed minded", I am more than happy to be considered closed minded by fools who are so open minded that their brains have fallen out.

Quote:
Grow. Up. You're constantly picking apart anything anybody says that you don't agree with, it's very childish.
I always find this amusing.

I "pick apart" information. That's how I learn. I do it in part because large blocks of texts create havoc with my ability to read and understand what is being said.

Perhaps instead of saying "You're a big meanie for telling us we're wrong!", you might actually address the issue.

A little information- presented to an eager listener without context can be harmful.

1. Your problem is that you believe you have the correct knowledge and no one else does. Thus...anything said you disagree with is automatically wrong.

2. I retract nothing and your reply furthers my assumptions.

3. Lack of intelligence added onto my assumptions, I said open mind, not open skull. There is a great difference of open minded people who are logical and closed minded people who accept nothing as a possibility outside of their own beliefs.

4. By all means, pick everything apart as much as you want, but please do no act like you're always right when something is said that you disagree with. Just because it's not what YOU believe, doesn't make it wrong. You'd think somebody who tries so hard to look intelligent would have some intelligence, understanding and acceptance of the world around them and whats outside of their own mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:20 pm
Okay folks, take this type of arguement to PMs.

I think Sophist made a good point here:
Quote:
I promise not to offer incomplete information if you can treat me in a respectful manner by not "challenging" me every time you disagree with me. If you say you want to enjoy this guild just like everyone else, then please respect this request, because that's what I need to enjoy it here too. I'm not asking you to not point out when I'm wrong, because there will be times when I am, and I fully appreciate when I can learn from you the correct way. I just don't want to have any more 5 page battles with you, ok?

So let's take that into consideration, and let me enjoy my guild. This doesn't belong here.  

maenad nuri
Captain

deito

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:36 pm
Sorry, but I need to get this out...
Assumptions are just that, and don't really have any fact base at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:44 pm
deito
Did I miss the socratic mechanics discussion?
One took place in another thread on a pretty similar subject.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:37 am
TeaDidikai
deito

Got a link?
I really was hoping to see a mechanics disscussion too. redface  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:53 am
patch99329
TeaDidikai
deito

Got a link?
I really was hoping to see a mechanics disscussion too. redface
It didn't get too far.

But let's go this way:

Patch, Deito- what recommendations would you put to the thread?  

TeaDidikai

deito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:25 am
The original question, or one of the succesive ones?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:32 am
deito
The original question, or one of the succesive ones?
The original questions.  

TeaDidikai

deito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:36 am
Okay. I still think that Aquamarine works well the same way a hematite ring does, just wear it around your neck and it will do its thing. Also, water is just as good as salt in cleansing stones that sodium has an acidic effect on.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:10 am
deito
Okay. I still think that Aquamarine works well the same way a hematite ring does, just wear it around your neck and it will do its thing.

Why do you think having a chunk of rock around your neck will do anything?

Quote:
Also, water is just as good as salt in cleansing stones that sodium has an acidic effect on.
Ummmm... you can't measure the PH of a solid.  

TeaDidikai

deito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:18 am
Well, I suppose that part of it is mental, isnt it? Its like a placebo.

I know you can't measure it, but sodium isn't exactly a nice element now is it? in its natural state, it burns on contact with water. Enough of it makes a nice loud boom and a decent way to entertain several eight year olds for a few hours. Thing is, salt doesnt always mix with things and can do more harm than good.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:22 am
deito
Well, I suppose that part of it is mental, isnt it? Its like a placebo.
If all we are talking about is a placebo affect- then are we talking about magic?

Quote:
I know you can't measure it, but sodium isn't exactly a nice element now is it? in its natural state, it burns on contact with water.
I'm confused. Why is a chemical reaction "nice" or "not nice" at all?  

TeaDidikai

deito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:28 am
Because part of magic is mental. If you don't really think it will work, then it probably won't, will it? You need to drive it with thought, so what I said earlier doesnt really make sense now that I think of it... Sorry, I retract my previous statement.

That was something my chemistry teacher said... Sounded right at the time, though...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 am
deito
Because part of magic is mental.
How do you figure? What do you mean by "mental"?
Quote:

If you don't really think it will work, then it probably won't, will it?
My experience says properly performed magic will work no matter what you personally believe.

If you are suggesting magic is all about belief, why?
Why would we assume that forces such as magic are subject to our whims?  

TeaDidikai

deito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:57 am
You win... I've run out of arguments.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items