Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Body Mod and the Divine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Body Mod for spiritual reasons?
Yes!
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Never!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ouch?!
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Poll Ninja
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

psycmoe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:14 am
TeaDidikai
psycmoe

Ritual prior to and during, if it's acceptable. That all life and love is a ritual makes that a bit easier. All is divine kids mrgreen

And absoloute negatory on painkillers. If you use painkillers, you're not getting a tattoo, you're not doing something spiritual... tattoos involve pain. Period.

I agree on the pain part- disagree on the "all life is ritual"- mostly because when "all is X" then X has no meaning.

Really, a good portion of me holds the thought pattern that things/events/people etc. only have the meaning you give them. Regardless of the truth or not in that, personally, life is love and beauty; love is the purist form of spiritual self.

A'course, that's just my reality. But I like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:44 am
TeaDidikai
Keistera
Painkillers, yes. I have low threshold for pain (especially after having that pilonidal abscess drained -- but if I can handle that, I can handle nearly anything).

So the pain would not be part of the sacrifice for the piece? Interesting...

As I said previously, I'd go for Henna as opposed to the "normal" tattoo -- due to the fact that it isn't permanent (like our bodies themselves). My practice, at this point in time, has no need for a sacrifice of pain. Knowing that whatever I choose at whatever time connects me with the Divine -- that's what counts for me, your mileage may vary. Besides, as far as I know, Henna is not painful ... so, in hindsight, there was no need for me to even mention painkillers.

Just remember that the way others may handle this will be different than yours. ^_^

(And pardon any lengthy time between replies -- I'm very bored of Gaia, so I pop back in to check my PMs and see if any new features have popped up)  

Keistera

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:27 pm
i want to get a triqutra(spelling) on my shoulder or chest.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:30 pm
I think I have an idea of what I'd do ... though I'm a little spooked by it.

After studying the runes lately, I've found myself with an addition to my spiritual self-visualization .... single loops of tiny connected Thurisaz around my upper forearms, pointy thorns downward.

Yes, I know you're not supposed to ******** with Thurisaz. *facepalm* My life seems to be an ongoing series of "Yes, I know I'm not supposed to, but that's what called me."

I don't think I'm going to do it any time soon, if ever, but it's the first thing that's ever come to the forefront as "yes, I could put that on my body".  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:34 am
That sounds like a great piece. Why would you be worried about '******** with Thusisaz'? Sorry, that just didn't make sense to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:11 am
TeaDidikai
That sounds like a great piece. Why would you be worried about '******** with Thusisaz'? Sorry, that just didn't make sense to me.

Thurisaz is supposed to be "OMG teh dangerous!!11one!!eleven!" ... at least in most of the research I've looked at. Something not to be tackled by newbies, and something that will come back to get you.

Now, I *am* a newbie to the runes. *wry grin* Sad to say, the one that got me started looking at them was indeed Thurisaz. "Not for beginners ... " Oh well. sweatdrop

Never mind that I don't seem to get piles of danger off of it ... I get "handle with care", but not "I'll get you, my pretty!"

*shrugs helplessly* I dunno ... that's just me ...  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:29 pm
Huh. Interesting. Never really got that intense a vibe off of it.

Valknot? Not for a beginner (especially in a Tat!).
Isa and Tiwas? Heck no! But the thorn? Hmmm... Interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:31 pm
TeaDidikai

Like I said, this is what I've found in some of the research. Other bits don't have the warning labels, so I dunno. *shrugs helplessly*

Tiwas works OK for me, though I haven't sat down and studied it extensively. It has an instinctual feel for me the way Thurisaz does, but hasn't dragged me off to learn about it yet.

Isa, on the other hand, is incredibly heavy and dense, yet slippery and hard for me to grasp. I am waiting on that one. I don't like it. confused

The Valknot ... no no no. Not even going there yet.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:20 pm
Jishin
TeaDidikai

Like I said, this is what I've found in some of the research. Other bits don't have the warning labels, so I dunno. *shrugs helplessly*

Tiwas works OK for me, though I haven't sat down and studied it extensively. It has an instinctual feel for me the way Thurisaz does, but hasn't dragged me off to learn about it yet.

Isa, on the other hand, is incredibly heavy and dense, yet slippery and hard for me to grasp. I am waiting on that one. I don't like it. confused

The Valknot ... no no no. Not even going there yet.

The tattoo you described seems fine to me... Seems like a very nice piece.
Thurisaz can be dangerous... But then, so can any rune if used wrong...
I'd say, with this piece, if it calls to you, go for it.

The Valknot I would not recommend... Though soon it will be a small addition to my body... I'm fully aware of what the branding of the valknot entails and am willing to undertake the risks. But would never recommend it to another.

RAGE  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:57 pm
Shimegamis_Rage

The Valknot I would not recommend... Though soon it will be a small addition to my body... I'm fully aware of what the branding of the valknot entails and am willing to undertake the risks. But would never recommend it to another.

RAGE

Whereas I know very well that I don't remotely comprehend the Valknot, so I'm not touching it with a 10-foot pole. wink

My only hesitation about doing the tattoos -- it would be a pair, one on each arm -- is that they will not be easily concealable, and there is some amount of stigma attached to having a tattoo, even a tasteful one. I am still debating whether or not I will actually do it.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:26 pm
Jishin
Shimegamis_Rage

RAGE

Whereas I know very well that I don't remotely comprehend the Valknot, so I'm not touching it with a 10-foot pole. wink

My only hesitation about doing the tattoos -- it would be a pair, one on each arm -- is that they will not be easily concealable, and there is some amount of stigma attached to having a tattoo, even a tasteful one. I am still debating whether or not I will actually do it.

True, there is a stigma attached. The tattoo of Aegishjalmar I have on my shoulder is often commented on or stared at... Though it doesnt help that many mistake it for a choas wheel, a variation of the jewish star and various other things.

RAGE  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:03 am
Necroposted at Maggi's request.

As soon as I have my rings in hand, I am going to have sharp metal bits shoved through my body. 3nodding  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:15 am
hmm, lately, i have been looking to what eventually i will ink.

first, i've promised to have two ravens placed above my breasts, one to each side of my collar bone. that, i intend on actually doing in a circle with those who follow Morrighan and Odin sitting around me, perhaps even a drumming circle. i intend the gates to be 'open' while getting the tattoo, whee .

eventually, down the line i will get a phoenix tattoo on my lower back, that i completely will design. i had an idea of what it was going to look like, but i might just change it a little.

at some point, i want to get a pair of chibi wings on my pelvic area, between my hips, and then figure out where i am going to put a wolf somewhere on my body (may just put them on a band circling my arm).

blaugh i do so love tattoos! and some piercings!

EDIT* Tea, are you describing suspension, or something else?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:33 am
Yay thread! So are you going to post what you want to get as a tattoo, Tea? Or is it a secret?

I know if I ever get a tattoo it'll have to have profound significance spiritually, or I won't be comfortable having it on my body for the rest of my life. So far nothing has really struck me as that permanent.

For example, I toyed with the idea of getting a pair of magpies on my back. Magpie and I recently had a bit of a falling out so I'm bloody glad I didn't. My spirituality is always changing and progressing. Perhaps when I can look back and find a unifying theme amongst it all, then I'll get it done. For me right now it would be too soon.

Erm. And what's a Valknot? ninja  

Pelta

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:16 am
missmagpie
Erm. And what's a Valknot? ninja
here's a link that has some jewelry that shows some different valknots. from everything i've read, it's a 'knot of the slain'. generally associated with Odin, and generally only taken up by one when one acknowledges that they might die an extremely unpleasant death.

but then, i could be wrong. and please do correct if i am.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff