Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
"YOU DONT LIKE ANIME?! BUT YOU'RE ASIAN!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liz-DUHpInAy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:25 pm
Haha that's like people asking me if I'm Japanese or Chinese. I get a little annoyed but I just simply tell them "No I'm Filipino." But if they keep changing the ethnicity to Korean, then to Vietnamese all of a sudden, I get mad. Just because I'm light-skinned doesn't mean I'm those ethnicities. For crying out loud I'm Filipino. Haha, but it's cool. The thing I do hate though is people who aren't Asian and tries to ask "Asian" by 'trying' to speak Japanese or talking like they know all about animes. Pshh....wannabes.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:52 am
yea i hate stereotypes. like some people think that all asian monks know kung fu. confused  

Mince mii

Distinct Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Tremere Lich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:56 pm
I get that crap too. I'm apparently a horrible Asian because I don't watch anime, am not good at Starcraft and I can't speak Japanese.
I'm not even Japanese! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:39 pm
Y'know you're not the only asian
that doesn't like anime!
(I like anime but far from an otaku)
Anyways don't worry about it at all!
We're all different
and that's what makes the world interesting =D

Long gone bye

TinyChinaDoll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:57 am
I might bite the a** off the next person who says that to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:20 am
i think anime has gotten a little perverted through the years. and anime shows shown in america has gotten too american-y. i hav dis little problem dat, wen i see white people all crazy about anime or any other japaneze thing... I GET SOO PISSED!!! its jus dat 3 years ago, white people made funn of japaneze people and culture, sayin i eat cats and im small in some places, makin fun of my language. but now alot of white people r interested with my culture. some kids come up to me and "try" to talk japaneze, they think its all chill and dat ill jus be like..."yes, very good!!! mrgreen " but hell no, lol. in my head ill jus explode, but i wont say anythin to dem, i jus walk away.  

SnowR

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:39 am
Good God, 75% of my Asian friends are not into anime, you don't see me freaking about it.. but oh well, I'm sorta glad I live in Asia, after hearing all these stereotype stories from fellow guild members, I don't wanna go to the States.. ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 pm
There are a lot of asians who don't like anime/manga and I find that normal. I like anime and I'm not asian. I'm filipino. I don't judge others if they're asian and DON'T like anime, I'm honestly ok with that. I don't get why people make such a big deal out of this.  

Liz-DUHpInAy

x- simply hikari -x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:25 am
not all asians like anime.....that's a fact.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:01 am
wow just brush it off. Yeah the assume you lyk something cuz im asian. I despise that and all those sterotypes. Half the time they don't know a piece about asian anyway. and they seem to want be to asian so they go along with the sterotypes. "Don't asian like eating stuff like rice with crickets or whatever?" Just cuz I'm asian doesn't ******** mean I do the same thing!  

saku_chan187

LightPrism

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:33 pm
i like anime a little...and i guess i could understand how that would be a bad stereotype, but there are others much worse. Alot of other races besides Asians like anime, so that stereotype doesn't make any sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:45 pm
Elfe de Sang
I get that crap too. I'm apparently a horrible Asian because I don't watch anime, am not good at Starcraft and I can't speak Japanese.
I'm not even Japanese! gonk
damn it, i play starcraft too...im so stereotypical...  

LightPrism

LightPrism

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:47 pm
Liz-DUHpInAy
Haha that's like people asking me if I'm Japanese or Chinese. I get a little annoyed but I just simply tell them "No I'm Filipino." But if they keep changing the ethnicity to Korean, then to Vietnamese all of a sudden, I get mad. Just because I'm light-skinned doesn't mean I'm those ethnicities. For crying out loud I'm Filipino. Haha, but it's cool. The thing I do hate though is people who aren't Asian and tries to ask "Asian" by 'trying' to speak Japanese or talking like they know all about animes. Pshh....wannabes.
seriously, if you want to learn japanese that badly, take a class.  
123coolmimi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:48 pm
Yuan v2
I swear to god, I get the typical stereotype by others when they find out I don't like anime. They go "But you're Asian!". So annoying. I feel as if when they say that, It seems that they are implying I'm the only Asian who doesn't like anime.

Well, it's true asians usually like animes but ur not the only one to not like it... even though i love it... I won't say it's not normal cause it is since each person has different tastes but maybe it's cause you're too grown up to like those kinds of stuffs lol! Maybe...  

123coolmimi

Kakeru and Usagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:43 pm
I hate it when I bring lunch and people say "HOMG!! a sandwhich?? Not Ramen or rice r sushi???" O.o

And my name being Kukeru people assume that I am good at Kakeru puzzles. i hate math.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff