Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Nature Interrupted Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:47 am
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai
Dualism.

Strange, Dualism has never allowed me to ignore anything...
Altho I suppose if someone wanted to clump Evil into a category they call unnatural... But then they'd be just as silly as Jedi. xd
Or simply divide it and then ignore half. Not everyone is as aware about their habits as you are.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:06 am
If there is a 'Mother Earth', I guess she'd be as much a mother to the mosquitoes as she is to us. And the mosquitoes, at least, know their way around in both 'civilised' and 'uncivilised' areas.  

Maze

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:05 am
TeaDidikai
Or simply divide it and then ignore half. Not everyone is as aware about their habits as you are.

Divide and ignore...?
crying  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:12 am
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Divide and ignore...?
crying

I sense a Gray Jedi.......Compatriot!  

Ethermus Prime

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 am
Ethermus Prime

There are emotions, yet we have Serenity. There is Chaos, yet Harmony is produced. There are passions, yet there can be Balance. There’s often hurry, still we cultivate patience. There’s much ignorance: this knowledge is wisdom. –Through pain comes wisdom; But not without ignorance comes knowledge. There is no power; only the force. There are no sides; only the whole. Peace and justice comes to those who are willing To seek it and grasp it through whatever comes upon them. No darkness, no light, only understanding.

or

I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death I am balanced through the Force.

Both work for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:25 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Divide and ignore...?
crying
Never said it was a good thing, just that it can happen.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 pm
TeaDidikai

Well, tragedy is as much a part of life as triumph.
~Le Sigh~  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:46 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Well, tragedy is as much a part of life as triumph.
~Le Sigh~
Indeed. And we wouldn't want to ignore tragedy. wink  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:28 pm
TeaDidikai

Especially when it mingles with Comedy so well. surprised
I still need a half Comedy/Half Tragedy masque.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:08 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Especially when it mingles with Comedy so well. surprised
I still need a half Comedy/Half Tragedy masque.
I have the plaster if you have the vasiline.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:54 pm
Ethermus Prime
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Divide and ignore...?
crying

Yay! You two are the first people I've seen that don't scoff at that idea. At another forum I mentioned combining the two and people were like 'LUCAS IS GONNA KICK YO' a**' or...words to that effect.
Well, I never liked him anyway, and I could take him with my eyes closed xd

By combining the two you get the calm, and the wisdom, and the knowledge. But you also get smouldering sith sexiness, amazing power and all the best lines.
All in all it's balance smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:54 am
Starlock
I'm not sure the neutral view breeds the most respect though. I think the sort of respect generated by each view can be strong; rather the character of the respect changes. Resepect out of fear is different from respect out of awe or respect out of gratidude. I think you could probably say the respect from the more neutral view is more balanced than some others, so stronger in the sense of not being so one-sidedly modivated.

I agree with all that, for the most part. I'd like to add, though, that the neutral view is more respectful in that one sees nature for what it is rather than something they wish it were or fear it might be. That's the goal, at least. It's very difficult for people to be objective. It's easy to fall in love with an ideal or write something off as evil. It takes hard work and lots of time to see someone or something for what they really are. That's where the respect comes from.

Quote:

It's definately true that there's an instinctual aversion to literal Darkness because we're not designed well to handle it as some other species are. I often see that translating into a metaphysical view of Darkness though that is very negative if not evil. Other metaphysical views of Darkness can get overlooked, there's such a dualistic streak in Western culture. What about Darkness as that needed 'rest' period? Darkness as keeper of secrets and mysteries? Darkness as bringer of things into unity through destruction of individuated forms? When is all that celebrated? Samhain comes closeset to honoring that sort of reading of Darkness but overall, Darkness seems to get the short end of the stick.

I tend to agree that darkness doesn't receive holistic treatment, but neither does light. It gets the same glossing-over that fluffy faux-Wiccans often give nature. The general Western view of light is best described in words such as goodness, hope, love, and faith(this concept, I'm not too fond of). This doesn't take into account things like sunburn, dehydration, skin cancer, blindness, and so on that come from light (usually excessive). And, of course, there are those freaky-looking fish that use light to hunt. People create archetypes to help make sense of the world, but archetypes aren't necessarily holistic and shouldn't be used as the be-all and end-all of things.  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:09 am
patch99329
Ethermus Prime
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Divide and ignore...?
crying

Yay! You two are the first people I've seen that don't scoff at that idea. At another forum I mentioned combining the two and people were like 'LUCAS IS GONNA KICK YO' a**' or...words to that effect.
Well, I never liked him anyway, and I could take him with my eyes closed xd

By combining the two you get the calm, and the wisdom, and the knowledge. But you also get smouldering sith sexiness, amazing power and all the best lines.
All in all it's balance smile

I'm actually more of a Darkgray Jedi who adheres to the Sith code.

I fell one can be Sith with out all the Theatrics of "I R TEH EVIL". I Don't see the darkside as Evil, so much as I see it as another ends to the same goal.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:00 am
^ I'm indifferent to both sects really.
If there was a way to reach my goal that didn't invlove potentially hurting others, I'd take that path first though.  

patch99329

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:19 am
patch99329
^ I'm indifferent to both sects really.
If there was a way to reach my goal that didn't invlove potentially hurting others, I'd take that path first though.

Lol. Mystiicsm and starwars!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces