Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
what would you do in the attack of the borg?-THE BORG THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

would you...
pull out a huge phaser and blast away?
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
go for a more simple view and hack at them with a sord the size of your head?
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
scream and run around in circles?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
curse them while they leade you off to be assimulated?
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
stay calm and use no wepons?
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Sustineo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:34 am
phoenixfireball
If they were already in a foothold position on my ship.

Replicate a knife, a sword, a javalin or pike for every officer. Get a few projectile weapons, ala guns. Replicate sentry chaingun drones for critical areas.
Seal all doors (yes I know they can be opened pretty easily).
Cut power to all borg controlled decks. (if possible)
Route all command codes and controls to a PADD, and lock it up tight.
Flood uneffected decks and areas around the borg zone with metrion radiation, and turn off artificial gravity in those areas. (i know it won't stop them, but it will slow them down).
Send engineers with a security detail to disable all power conduits.
Rig up bypasses as much as possible.
Post 3 people at every main junction outside the metrion zone with orders to destroy anything that moves.

Most of this stuff is temporary, as I can't think of an easy way to really defeat the Borg. Everyone will say use the guns, but with regular Borg tactical armour, I am pretty sure you will have to shoot them a decent amount of time, and it won't take too long for them to realize, "hey, we need better armour", and then you are totally out of luck.

The best way to stop them is to create technologies that adapt as the Borg do. You fire a phaser and as it is firing it is cycling through different variences, while scanning the Borg. Humans should also be covered in body armour from the soles of their feet to the top of their heads. Something that is thick enough to give a few extra seconds before they can penetrate into the skin release the assimilation probes. Maybe even personal/portable forcefields could help slightly...if they were able to adapt to the Borg...

I guess the best way to beat them in a foot hold situation is to A. Kill them chemically, or virally. B. Destroy your ship.

wow.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:18 am
All you need is Power Armour and a Heavy Bolter! A heavy bolter is a chain gun that shoots bullets/bolts the size of a coke can! Resistence is SOOO not futile!  

Elrohir Helyanwe

phoenixfireball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:55 am
A warhammer fan. biggrin

Even with bullets the size of pop cans, people forget that the borg do have shields and with some modifications they could be used to block out solid objects, also borg could thicken their armor...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:23 pm
phoenixfireball
A warhammer fan. biggrin

Even with bullets the size of pop cans, people forget that the borg do have shields and with some modifications they could be used to block out solid objects, also borg could thicken their armor...

Darn! Well then plan b would be...... escape pods! Or if your on a planet.... then get a swoop bike and speed away!  

Elrohir Helyanwe

Elrohir Helyanwe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:24 pm
phoenixfireball
A warhammer fan. biggrin

Ah you a warhammer-er? Or a former warhammer-er?  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:39 pm
I would probably replicate projectile weapons and give them to every officer, lock out the main computer, Seal off and cut power to all decks the Borg control, use a computer virus and implant it in a Borg control node (if we can find one) and tell my crewmembers to rather die than be assimilated and if I'm the last person on my ship, blow it to hell!  

Lopan

Bored Summer Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:30 pm
I'd shoot until they adapt. Then I take whatever I have around me and just start to throw stuff at them or club them with the objects. Then, when I ran out of weapons, I'd either stand and scream my head off, or throw myself at the Borg and start punching/kicking/biting/headbutting/any other violent actions until they assimilated me. Yep, now there's a plan.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:04 pm
Break out my M16 and start sharpening my sword collection. phasers are for weenies. xd  

Shuromai

Willowhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:51 am
In reality I'd probably run and hide. But I would like to think I'd pull out a phaser and start blasting away. I'd like to die fighting.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:42 am
phoenixfireball
A warhammer fan. biggrin

I concur so even projectile weapons would be ineffective. Remember that the borg's greatest strength is also their greatest weakness, their collective consciousness, introduce a paradox computer virus into their system and watch them self-destruct as they attempt to fully calculate PI  

Saoraan

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:41 pm
Paradox was attempted Once already..When the Enterprise first encountered the borg i think. It worked for some time but then failed.

If your silly enough to allow a borg onto your Ship, your pretty much screwed.

Janeway made the Borg look piss, cause she had 7of9
Picard made them look piss, He had Himself and Data
Sisko? Sisko ran away screaming.
I forget what archer did...but it wasnt funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:42 pm
I would ram the the I-MOD so far down there arse, that they'll be begging me to pull the triger!!!  

Ry Ki

Lopan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:27 am
If it's ship on ship:

1. Send a communique to Starfleet warning them and asking for reinforcements.
2. Battle ready my ship and try to hold them off until reinforcements arrive.

If it's man to man:

1. Use energy weapons until they adapt to all nutations.
2. Replicate sharp things, pointy things, explosive things and projectile weaponry.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:54 pm
Duck and Cover. T____T  

Abettor Saboteur

Anon1052025

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:51 am
I would replicate tacos then run and hide. ninja  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers