Submit

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:42 am
xXResistance_is_FutileXx
i haven't read any of the ones before Before Dishonor...i just happened to see it at chapters so picked it up...i didn't know there were 3 before it, so i guess i'll have to get around to reading them at some point

To be quite honest, if you want to get to the heart of the story, Resistance is the biggest one that leads into Before Dishonor. It truly sets up the events...though nothing prepared me for the ending of Before Dishonor....

Oh! There's a book that follows Greater than the Sum, the one that comes after Before Dishonor.

It's the first book of a trilogy - it's called Destiny: Gods of Night. It's really, really cool. It brings in the NX-02 Columbia, the Titan, the Enterprise-E, and a new ship, the Aventine, captained by Ezri Dax. I'm not very far into, but so far, it's really, really good!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:38 am
YoukaiLuvr
xXResistance_is_FutileXx
i haven't read any of the ones before Before Dishonor...i just happened to see it at chapters so picked it up...i didn't know there were 3 before it, so i guess i'll have to get around to reading them at some point

To be quite honest, if you want to get to the heart of the story, Resistance is the biggest one that leads into Before Dishonor. It truly sets up the events...though nothing prepared me for the ending of Before Dishonor....

Oh! There's a book that follows Greater than the Sum, the one that comes after Before Dishonor.

It's the first book of a trilogy - it's called Destiny: Gods of Night. It's really, really cool. It brings in the NX-02 Columbia, the Titan, the Enterprise-E, and a new ship, the Aventine, captained by Ezri Dax. I'm not very far into, but so far, it's really, really good!

i'll have to look for them next time i'm at chapters  

xXResistance_is_FutileXx

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:30 am
xXResistance_is_FutileXx

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention, but I love your sig! xd xd  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:31 pm
YoukaiLuvr
xXResistance_is_FutileXx

thanks whee  

xXResistance_is_FutileXx

paige_mustang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm
xXResistance_is_FutileXx
YoukaiLuvr
xXResistance_is_FutileXx

thanks whee

haha me too.
i like your avatar, and your name as well

and i have no clue what books i should read  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm
I loved the Captains Table books. Didn't read all of them, I stick to what I know.

The A Time To.. Series is rather good.
As is the Q books, like so many people have said (:

I've read quite a few TNG books, and most of the VOY books. So far, no DS9 or TOS though ('cept for the Captains Table ones).

I think the one I last read was Engines of Destiny. T'was good, a little bit of TOS/TNG crossover, with hints of Generations and First Contact.

*hits self*
It's a book, not a bloody bottle of wine.

:'D
ilovecomments

-[.Moo.]-

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:10 am
-[.Moo.]-
I loved the Captains Table books. Didn't read all of them, I stick to what I know.

The A Time To.. Series is rather good.
As is the Q books, like so many people have said (:

I've read quite a few TNG books, and most of the VOY books. So far, no DS9 or TOS though ('cept for the Captains Table ones).

I think the one I last read was Engines of Destiny. T'was good, a little bit of TOS/TNG crossover, with hints of Generations and First Contact.

*hits self*
It's a book, not a bloody bottle of wine.

:'D
ilovecomments

Unless you are severely against DS9 for some reason, I really suggest reading the relaunch - the post series ones. Events take place that I have a feeling will be affecting the TNG and Voy canons soon (although right now they seem to be focusing on this super-Borg arc...which is also awesome! Gods of Night was freakin' cool...but Mere Mortals isn't out yet...grr....).

The only downside to reading the DS9 relaunch is that there are so many of them...

Gateways
(the DS9 part - can't remember the title)
Rising Son (not truly necessary, but if you like Jake Sisko, it's probably a good read.)
Mission Gamma, pts. 1-4
Unity
Worlds of DS9, pts. 1-3
Warpath
Fearful Symmetry

...that's 14 books...and except for Rising Son, I've read them all...I have them all, actually.... Anyway, they start right after the finale, "What You Leave Behind" - which there is also a novelization for (very good).

Worlds of DS9 is really where the you-know-what starts hittin' the fan, but there's so much back-story in the others that you'd be lost if you jumped in at those.

..............can you tell I'm a bookworm? And proud of it, too! lolz!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:29 pm
Peter David is a god!!
I first listened to an audiobook by him and John de Lancie, I,Q. It was SOOO funny I kept actually laughing out loud.

I'm now on book 7 of his New Frontier series, which is frakkin awesome so far.  

NiennaSayyadina

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Megathread 100

jinx_at_luv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 pm
I suggest the books ' Homecoming' and ' The Farther Shore' can't remember the author but i did read both books in 3 or 4 days because i was so into them. BEST books EVER mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:22 pm
jinx_at_luv
I suggest the books ' Homecoming' and ' The Farther Shore' can't remember the author but i did read both books in 3 or 4 days because i was so into them. BEST books EVER mrgreen

The author is Christie Golden, if anyone is interested. I do agree - incredibly good books! Plus, loads of J/C evidence to boot!  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Brass Goggles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:27 pm
Right now I am reading a TOS book. Its called "Doctor's Orders" and its about McCoy teasing Kirk to much about how he runs the ship so when Kirk has to leave the ship he puts McCoy. in charge. I have not got that far into it yet but its really funny and am enjoying it alot.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:54 pm
A while back, I posted this:

YoukaiLuvr

Well, I've finished Gods of Night, and books II & III of the trilogy, Mere Mortals and Lost Souls, respectively, are now out.

I'm about 2/3s through Lost Souls...............

eek burning_eyes eek burning_eyes eek burning_eyes eek

^ that is/was my reaction...zomigosh...I have NO effin' clue how the Federation...heck, forget the Federation...I don't have a clue how the whole freakin' Alpha Quadrant is going to recover after this one...gadzooks....

And yes, I did just say, 'gadzooks'....

Oh, Oh, Oh!!!!!!

There's also a slight preview on the back inside cover of it for an NEW Voy book!!!! It's called Full Circle and the only thing on the cover is Voy herself...grrr....

Anyway...that's my rant for the day...lolz....  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sweetycow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:58 pm
Wow... I have some reading to do now. My sister gave me a file containing 550 star trek eBoooks. Unfortunately my mom wont let me print them out (something with the fact that most of them have more than 200 pages in word) so I have to read them on my computer. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:01 pm
I posted this a little bit ago....

YoukaiLuvr

{time skip a few months}

Well, I've finished Gods of Night, and books II & III of the trilogy, Mere Mortals and Lost Souls, respectively, are now out.

I'm about 2/3s through Lost Souls...............

eek burning_eyes eek burning_eyes eek burning_eyes eek

^ that is/was my reaction...zomigosh...I have NO effin' clue how the Federation...heck, forget the Federation...I don't have a clue how the whole freakin' Alpha Quadrant is going to recover after this one...gadzooks....

And yes, I did just say, 'gadzooks'....

I have now finished Lost Souls...and holy heck, that was good!

All I can say is, it's an effin' shame the MMORPG will be canon and the books aren't.... Oh well - in my world they still will be.

But the next few books will be very, very interesting to read. The casualty counts and the like of this most recent battle have dwarfed the ones from the Dominion War.

Not to mention the fact that the Romulan government is split in two - those clinging to the old ways and to Praetor Tal'aura; then there are those in the new government and loyal to Empress Donatra. The Empress is on the Federation's side, thank goodness. (I apologize if I've gotten the spelling of either lady wrong.)

But that's fairly public news - so it's not considered a spoiler.

So I'm in a major holding pattern until I get the next few books...grrr......  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Leila Amra Drake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:03 am
Oh, I have The Abyss, too. I really like that one. Just a pity I don't know the english titles of the other book I have... gotta look them up sometime.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff