Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Strangers Guild

Back to Guilds

There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Tags: Bookworms, Heroes, General, strangers, friends 

Reply (^-^*) Book Worms!! (^-^*)
Twilight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you heard of the Twilight series?
  Yes, of course I love it!!
  I seen it in stores,but I've never read it.
  Nope. Don't care. It's pointless.
View Results

MyOwnRainCloud
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:45 pm
Shajinia
Okay... The Host (and sci-fi by the near and dear Mrs. Meyer) is due out May 6th (so close!). Breaking Dawn (the official name of the fourth book in the Twilight saga) is due August... 2nd I want to say. The first week of August, for sure. The Twilight Movie is comming to theaters December 12th *squeal* SO excited!

i found out the dates on a magazine ><

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:50 pm
*jumps up and down* I know the thread says "Twilight" but The Host came out today and I got it as soon as I got out of school! I'm at chapter 5 right now, but anyone else go spastic over it yet... or is it just me... again?  

Shajinia
Crew

ArgylePigeon
Vice Captain

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:03 pm
Shajinia
*jumps up and down* I know the thread says "Twilight" but The Host came out today and I got it as soon as I got out of school! I'm at chapter 5 right now, but anyone else go spastic over it yet... or is it just me... again?

I had a crazy dream about a book called the host, then my friend told me to read it as well as this series, I wish I had moneys to get them all! and time to read them all sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:05 pm
that would be awesome... xd  

timberwolf78

yeshyesh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:23 am
undacuva_druid

Yesh, won't admit she loves it (she owns the series!!! WTF?!) got me and another into it

Hehe, I can't really admit to something I'm not guilty of; it's one of those things that are so bad, it's good... like Big Trouble In Little China. I lent it to you thinking you'd also see how hilariously bad it was, and laugh about the glitteriness and the thunderous baseball games... and then you became a fangirl.

But really, I can't take a book where vampires sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight seriously. It just... doesn't make sense. I realise vampires don't exist and hence, don't have to make sense in the first place but COME ON. And if I were Bella seeing Edward under the sun for the first time, I would have giggled until my sides hurt and he ran away in shame - you know, not just stand there, stroke his collarbone and think about how pretty he is.

So there - if I own it and love it, I love it because it's ridiculously bad. Just like BTiLC.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:12 am
yeshyesh
undacuva_druid

Yesh, won't admit she loves it (she owns the series!!! WTF?!) got me and another into it

Hehe, I can't really admit to something I'm not guilty of; it's one of those things that are so bad, it's good... like Big Trouble In Little China. I lent it to you thinking you'd also see how hilariously bad it was, and laugh about the glitteriness and the thunderous baseball games... and then you became a fangirl.

But really, I can't take a book where vampires sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight seriously. It just... doesn't make sense. I realise vampires don't exist and hence, don't have to make sense in the first place but COME ON. And if I were Bella seeing Edward under the sun for the first time, I would have giggled until my sides hurt and he ran away in shame - you know, not just stand there, stroke his collarbone and think about how pretty he is.

So there - if I own it and love it, I love it because it's ridiculously bad. Just like BTiLC.

I am not a fan girl! I enjoyed it a lot. But I admit it is extremely flawed and I make fun of it as much as you. Especially the glittering. That's not possible under the laws of physics nor biology... and how can she find it pretty instead of hilarious??? I agree...  

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

EllieBelle75

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:47 am
To be honest, I never wanted to read them. It seemed so cliche when I read the back of the cover, and from what friends told me about it. But after much insistance from multiple friends, I finally gave in. And of course, thence became addicted. Such an amazing series! I'm afraid of what the movie's going to be like though, movies always tend to ruin even the greatest of books (Case in Point, the abominable screen adaptation of Philip Pullman's "The Golden Compass" - My favourite book and it was utterly destroyed sad ) I can't wait for the new installment in the series though 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:07 am
Ohman, I know - KNOW - that movie is going to be all sorts of craptastic... IMO, of course stare
The trailer just seemed so boring; the only thing it seems to have going for it is Robert Patterson, who is arguably quite pretty... maybe too pretty. Hmm.

I am curious as to how they're going to make them sparkle, though ^_^  

yeshyesh

Shajinia
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:57 pm
So far, I've seen a lot of the movie, in bits and clip of course. I think it might be okay, since they kept a lot of what was in the book, maybe just re-arrangin it a bit. No matter how much people say it will bomb, I WILL go see it on opening night. It should be amazing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:47 pm
ive seen it in stores and it looked interesting. ill probaley read it someday.  

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:36 pm
I've read the whole series but I'm not obsessed with it or anything...
I mostly love books, movies, animes, etcs about vampires. It's interesting how they all are depicted differently.
I can't wait 'til the next book comes out. If I remember properly, it's called Breaking Dawn?
Oh & I'm planning on reading The Host too.
I guess I'll watch the movie too but I'm pretty sure it won't be as good as the books. That's how most movies based on books are like.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:16 pm
its always that way...movies have a certain time frame to fir everything and sometimes they cut some of the important scenes or plots of the story  

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 am
Melisciose22
its always that way...movies have a certain time frame to fir everything and sometimes they cut some of the important scenes or plots of the story

I know. GAH!
But I guess it would be best, 'cause those scenes make the movie longer & who would want to watch a movie longer than 2 hours?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:35 pm
OfCourseImAwesome
Melisciose22

I know. GAH!
But I guess it would be best, 'cause those scenes make the movie longer & who would want to watch a movie longer than 2 hours?

not me my butt would fall alseep....lol  

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 am
Melisciose22
OfCourseImAwesome
Melisciose22

I know. GAH!

not me my butt would fall alseep....lol

Lol, if there's good food there, maybe I'll watch it.
I'll mostly be paying attention to the food though.

(^-^*) Book Worms!! (^-^*)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff