Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:12 pm
No further questions, your honor. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:48 pm
I have one final question before we start the voting process. What, in your own eyes, is your greatest weakness pertaining to DMing and the RPS?  

DM of Death

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:55 pm
Honestly, I don't think there's any weakness other than human error, which is inherent in any RPS. There are a few "broken" items/abilities, but they are easily fixed and ultimately are the result of human error, not system error. I think the summon monsters should be able to level up for example, as they quickly outlive their usefulness at the higher levels. The same goes for the Special Attacks, although it is less of an issue with them. These things should level up very slowly mind you, but some improvement should be possible (this applies more to the summon monsters than the SA's, but you get the idea).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:01 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of what YOUR weakness are. Such as...

-My speling isnt sew gud.

-I don't have alot of time to put into it.

-I suck at making up things.

-etc.  

DM of Death

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:08 pm
My weakness is the fact I am still learning the combat system and I don't know it perfectly, yet. I will probably be checking back on this thread to make sure I was doing correctly. Another weakness of mine would be my sometimes bad judging at what is too strong and what is too weak. Normally I know what is what, but at times I might over estimate the party and give them a strong monster(s) or under estimate the party and give them too many weak monsters.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:15 pm
Ah. Well, as earlier demonstrated, one of my weaknesses is that I need glasses and don't have them; I misread things all the time due to blurry vision. But now that we have health insurance, we are going to fix that.

In terms of DMing, my greatest weakness would have to be my lack of experience with the system. Also, for Gaia in particular I am not on a lot. Players would have to wait for me to get off work and post.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:48 pm
There are ways to level your pets, its just more difficult, you have to get Devine Remuras. And I feel its fine. Pets seem a bit overpowered to me at this point. If you have ever seen fury in action you will know why. Team up, ouch. But then Fury is probably the most skilled player I have seen in here, no offense to anyone else. But I digress. Weakness, hmm. I can be lazy and a bit elitist when it comes to rping. If people disobey logic when it comes to rping and act upon stuff they shouldn’t know it bugs me and I let it be known. I have neglected to run many a story line in other guilds as I felt other people wouldn’t appreciate its depth or complexity. But in those guilds I tended to be surrounded by 14 year old girls who wanted to do nothing but rp about meeting their perfect androgynous emo yaoi bishe, so you can understand my disillusionment. Here we have a mostly older group of people who are quite literate and understand the difference between what is an improbable action, which is the one of the main reasons why I am so impressed with this guild. But again I have begun to ramble. As I said if something does not interest me or I feel it wont be appreciated I can be quite lazy to getting around to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 pm
Kowsauni, I was talking about the summon monsters, not the pets. The pets are fine.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

DM of Death

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:37 pm
What do you guys think about having DM's assigned to particular guild tasks? Like one DM would be in charge of the Item shops and cash transfers, while another could be in charge of locations and PVP Numbers?
Also, what about a DM Workshop area, off limits to normal players. This would be a place that would contain threads to submit monsters, new abilities/items/etc. and a thread to talk about up coming work.
What do you all think of that?
Especially point 1, I've noticed that the PVP numbers probably arn't getting tracked correctly, and theres a great possibility of one DM going in and adding a win, then another could come in, notice there was a fight, then they would add another one, not knowing it was already added.
Perhaps that could be added to point 2. A log of all DM work done, so we can all check it to see if it has been done.

Anyway, just a couple of things that were floating around in my head.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:54 pm
I think that idea is pretty good. There is only one flaw for your DM Workshop Area, Fargore would need to promote the acolytes to crew and that would mean they would be as powerful as another DM that isn't an acolyte. I think Fargore is not promoting all the acolytes to crew on purpose. Well, I think all of your ideas are great, espeically the DMs splitting the work in the guild. That would save a lot of time for each of the DMs since they would only need to focus on their task.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

DM of Death

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:02 pm
Exactly! Plus if something isn't getting done, then theres that accountability factor. You know who to point the finger at.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:07 pm
Yup! Instead of all of the DMs getting the blame, only the DM who is accountable for that job will get blamed. Also, if something is done wrong, you have someone to blame. And if something is done right, you know which DM to thank. I think the idea of splitting up the work would be a great idea for this guild, especially considering how big this guild is, 120 members. 120 members is not easy for one person to try to run all of the tasks alone, which most probably are trying to do unless they talk to each other over and over again, telling the other DMs what that did.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:17 pm
Ack...I so want to DM my quest or minigame idea soon...ack...when will I know when I can start DMing...when will I know if I become an acolyte! Ack! This wait might kill me soon. Oh well, if I die I'll blame the DM of Death. He is the DM of Death, so he should be accountable for my death. So if I die, it should be his fault! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:18 pm
I can LIVE with that! twisted

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

About the When you'll know thing. We still have to vote as soon as the polls open.

You just have to wait my little plaything!!!!  

DM of Death

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:24 pm
AHHH!!! Evil!!!

Truely, you do sound purely evil in that last post.

I hope the polls open soon.

And it seems like I'll need to create a new second quest idea. My current quest idea looks like it'll be a difficulty of a medium. I want to have at least one easy quest. Well, back to my notepad!  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff