Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
How do you get your inspiration? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  For me?
  No, for you silly! haha
View Results

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:56 am
Recently I've been getting rather inspired by the steampunk workshop and Datamancer. They make really cool steampunk things that are always cool to look at. I always want to start making something after looking through their sites for a bit.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 pm
Call Me Stephanie
We're all artists here. But sometimes artists get into a "block". It's never really happened to be before but I'm sure it will now that I'm getting serious about my art.

When I don't know what to draw or am having no ideas I usually just sit it out. I wait until something random just fires in my head and my brain comes up with something. Yet at times I can't rely on that if I have a commission. Those times, I browse DA until something sparks.

So, discuss, what do you do for inspiration?

i look at other peoples work and hope i get inspired or i thourgh ideas around with some one thats better than me  

reanna12

x Yuria-chan x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:53 pm
songs, other artworks, anime, stories and GAIA! razz  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:56 am
yay art!!!! 3nodding  

your_nightmare01

FeyxCosmos VI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:25 pm
Well what I do when I can't get myself to draw I listen to music, all types are good I also look YouTube clips up for inspiration. I also play a game I haven't played in forever or just one I like. ^^ Anime is another great way for inspiration, I like to watch Fullmetal Alchemist and the way that anime flows and that often gets me inspired.

I hope that what I do for inspiration can help you too. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:36 pm
I go to DA and look at other peoples art and make something up from there, but sometimes that doesn't work sweatdrop  

Tsuki_hi_san

Dapper Rogue

8,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

RazXion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:54 am
Usually I wind up watching a movie that had inspired me while watching it in the theaters or the first time I watch it. biggrin Music can be inspirational as well to me, generally pop in a CD or turn on the radio and I can start getting ideas. (Now drawing them out is a different story.)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:15 am
A lot of the time, browsing dA is helpful for me. Especially going over my favorites and looking at why each picture struck me so that I would fave it in the first place. (And if it doesn't do the same thing, it gets unfaved. xD;; )  

KotokoPlum

sagara the archangel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:24 pm
Tchick
Daft as it may sound I am quite a vivid dreamer, and quite often have weird or bizarre dreams that I can often conjure ideas from. However, I sometimes lose my 'drawing swing' as I call it, the sort of motivation and desire to continue drawing, when this happens I try to relax and wait until something comes to me.

However, if I really need to get a piece of art done I'll just scribble for a while, get in a huff. . . Then put the doodle pad away and grab a cup of tea (once I even tried deep breathing... A sort of meditation/relaxation technique.) After drinking said cup of tea I whack the doodle pad back out, make my peace with it and try again. I repeat this process a few times and if theres STILL nothing I'll wait a couple of days before trying again.

For me, sometimes I'm just simply NOT in the artsy mood. It's annoying, but sometimes that side of your brain can go into overdrive and shut down, whilst the logical side of your brain yells at it to work. xD Pretty funny if you think about it...

I talk WAY too much. XD whee

i totaly agree i also kinda just lock my self in my room and blast my ipod as high as it can go somtimes i read manga and watch tv  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:58 am
I Use music mostly, a new type of music or an old for that matter (currently stuck on ABBA) I Love listening to new music because it's a new experiance, except when they use parts of an old one. MCR was at one point a huge insperation and another time it was Meatloaf.

I also use all sorts for mental stimulation reading (mostly fantasy), writing, scanning dA of course razz sometimes as simple as using a different sketch book or even a diff colour pencil Red and Blue work really well I find.
Most of the time nothing comes from it but it never hurts to try and when it does it's great. Some times I just comletly wing it.. I get really vivid Dreams/nightmares and surprisinly that can be helpful.

I tend to think of the good stuff when I'm keeping my self busy, cus if it's worth remembering by the time I sit down I'm all for it.  

Dameal

firezz3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:46 am
Where Do I Get Inspirations ?

Mostly I Did't Get Inspired . I Just Do What I Want And It's Turns Out Great . (LOL...But I'm Not Joking)
My Art Live With Moto That Is Inspires To Be Inspired .
But I Have Some Ideas To Get Your Inspiration :
1 . Listen To Music . Sometimes Music Can Inspires Someone .
2 . Look Into Other Peoples Art .
3 . Remember Your Past .
4 . Watch Something Fun , Cute , Disaster , Weird Or Something That Could Inspires You .
5 . Read More Poetry From Professional Poeters .
That's All I Can Think Of ... Happy Good Luck On Trying These Ideas .  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:51 pm
To sculpt, my inspiration comes with what I think would be awesome to see on my shelf. Or my music. I listen to soundtracks, I think Tim Burton. I listen to Metal, I think intense. I listen to Joplin and I think colors. It also helps when I'm happier. The happier I am, the more productive I get.  

xD-Nawt Amused-Dx

Shameless Gekko

9,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

lemonpie707

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:31 pm
@__@ Dreams mostly... Which is why it's so hard for me to draw! STUPID ARTIST'S BLOCK! Sorry... *borrows some other peoples inspirations*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:10 am
Well, I guess anything that entertains me.

That and long showers and driving. I think a lot during those times.  

Targis

4,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200

mascarpone pudding

Conservative Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm
I always lose inspiration probably no more than an hour after I get it.
I have to write down the ideas just to know I had them.
DX

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces