Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do you think about...? A Questionaire Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:20 pm
What are your views on the existence of UFOs?
To be honest, the thought of aliens being here and especially the though of them having some sort of control or ill intent makes me extremely uncomfortable. So much so that I often avoid thinkingabout it. Hmmm...they say that's the first sign you've been abducted. wink
What are your views on the existence of extraterrestrial life forms?
They probably exist. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to deny the existence of other living being in an infinite universe.
What are your views on 'alien abductions'?
Again, I don't thinm about it much, but I think they're probably fake.
What are your views on the existence of fairies/angels/demons?
They probably exist. I am of the fluffy school of thought that whatever enough belief is put into probably exists (which means that we can make a mountain of cheese pants exist! Come on, cheeeese!). But seriously, it's got to be something that everyone is experiencing.
What are your views on the existence of mythical beasts such as unicorns, dragons, and gryphons?
Same as the previous question, really. Maybe they exist on other planes, but they probably exist.
What are your views on the validity of horoscopes?
I have done pretty extensive research into astrology, and have found it to be pretty damn accurate. Not necessarily horoscopes, but reading someone's birth chart to determine personality traits has not failed to be dead on.
What are your views on the validity of tarot cards?
I haven't had an inaccurate reading yet. biggrin
What are your views on the validity of other forms of divination?
I have no personal experience with most forms, but I'm sure they could work. However, I've found ones that simply offer yes or no to be pretty crappy.
What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires? They might exist of another plane. The people who say they are vampires are attention-whoring dumbasses who want to feel special.
What are your views on legendary creatures such as the Loch Ness Monster?
Who knows? Nature's fooled us before.
What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesu?
No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised.
What are your views on otherkin?
Totally possible.
What are your views on furries?
Also possible, though a little strange. Isn't it kind of like soul regression?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:24 pm

Well I think that UFO's work. I think that Aliens and life forms outside of our world exhist. How can our planet be the only planet with any intelligent life.

See UFO

I dont know if they exhist. I think they might propbe your mind at night, but I dont think they actually keep you around.

I believe in angels. I believe in fairies. I dont believe in angels. I dont feel that demons exhist as I dont think that there is any such thing as a pure evil.

What are your views on the existence of mythical beasts such as unicorns, dragons, and gryphons?

I think they are real and that the spirits still exhist today. You just have to know where to look to feel them.

well depending on the atrologist, they can be good or bad.

Mine always come out accurate.

I-Ching readings are accurate to me and so are my runice readings.

What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires?

Well Psychic vampires exhist. And people dont like to say that they are vampires. So those that are "claiming to be vampires" on a daily basis like the attention and are most likley trapped in a role playing fantasy.

I'm not sure actully.

What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesu?

I havnt thought about it.

The spirits are real with in people.

I have no idea what this is.  

Shinji-Katawane

Starlock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:50 am
First off, I would disagree that these are non-religious subjects, because most of these involve principles of faith.

Second, I'd like to say that inherently I believe in everything, insofar that the human mind constructs its own reality, and if we believe it to exist, in a sense, it does exist. That does not mean these things are observable or verifiable... but not all important things in life stem from logic and science.

Meh. I've seen one myself, and wouldn't have believed it if a friend hadn't been screaming at me "What is that Starlock!??!" assuming that with my knowledge of science I'd know what it was. I don't know what it was. I don't claim to. But I'd have to be off my rocker to claim it was a ship piloted by aliens.

I think those scientists who think anything other than "yes, the exist nearly beyond any doubt" are kidding themselves. Do any statistical games you want, it is extremely improbable that we are the only life in the universe. To think so is a very ego-centric of humanity.

(smirks) Some people will do just about anything to get attention. It's quite easy to convince yourself that something like this actually happened to a person when it didn't. Chances of it being true... about zero.

In the literal sense, they don't exist. They're mythology. They're more important as mythology and as a beleif... an embodyment of a concept. They exist in the sense that we believe in them.

(see above)

(chuckles) They're nonfalsifiable. You cannot prove them false. Therefore, they hold no actual meaning, other than what you choose to put into them. That can be dangerous.

(see above)

(see above above)

What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires?
Gah, I don't feel like doing a stint on the origins of vampire myths. Bloodsucking immortals are mythology. Normal humans who lead a lifestyle like this, probably do exist. Not too sure what to think of that...

Unlike angels and fae, this is a little more reasonable to expect to find in the physical world. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someday one was caught. So we thought all the plesiosaurs died with the dinosaurs... we could be wrong about that. The oceans are the final frontier of Earth, after all. =)

Eh, I find conspiracy theories amusing. That's about it.

Sure, if it's your cup of tea. Really, we are all animals, but humans like to think of themselves as 'seperate' from the animal kingdom. We aren't and never have been and never will be. We all in a sense have the spirit of the animals we arose from in us. I respect the otherkin for being more in touch with that fact (bows respectfully to the otherkin).

(giggles) I haven't met anybody who has been one. They seem... interesting. No opinion yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:12 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

miserabelle

Meghiliz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:13 pm

What are your views on the existence of UFOs? I certainly believe they are possible, but most of the stories and claims about them are rubbish.

What are your views on the existence of extraterrestrial life forms? I don't think there's any way they couldn't exist. Why would there only be one planet in an infinite universe that could support life?

What are your views on 'alien abductions'? Again, possible - but probably most if not all claims along these lines are crap.

What are your views on the existence of fairies/angels/demons? I definately believe in fairies, but I don't believe in angels and demons in the good vs. bad sense.

What are your views on the existence of mythical beasts such as unicorns, dragons, and gryphons? I know they exist, but I'm not entirely sure where - maybe in the long past on Earth, or another plane, or even another planet.

What are your views on the validity of horoscopes? They are mostly completely made up, and the ones that really try; there are too many variables for them to be valid.

What are your views on the validity of tarot cards? Again, too many variables - I don't think they're worth the effort for the vague results they give.

What are your views on the validity of other forms of divination? The same, that they aren't worth the effort when there's no garuntee they'll be right. I don't believe in fate or any preordained future.

What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires? Most people who claim to be vampires are confused preteens. There are some real ones, and I pity them for all the garbage they have to wade through to find people who aren't just thinking along the lines of 'OMG Anne Rice is so kewl!!!111'

What are your views on legendary creatures such as the Loch Ness Monster? Well, I don't really believe in the Loch Ness Monster.

What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesu? Curse you, Dan Brown! Eep, being raised Roman Catholic, I've listened to so many lectures about such things... >.x Firstly, the holy grail would be an ugly clay bowl. Not really fun to quest for. As for the rest of them, bah. >.x

What are your views on otherkin? *raises claw* Heh, draconic otherkin here.

What are your views on furries? I don't really have one. They're cool, I suppose? Its kind of a broad category.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:17 pm

false,They donot exist.

Now I belive those things exist...way far away.but they can create something as an UFO.

Ppl who say they have been abducted are crazy freaks...

fairies; no. angels; maybe. demons; yes just not like the ones seen on tv and such...i think demons are people who are 'evil'.

all fake

true

I think those are fairly correct also.

??

vamps 'creatures of the night' I don't think so! and people who claim to be vampires are just some blood sucking wannabees.

false again.

What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesus?

cannot comment...for lack of information.

Uhh no unbelivable.

???  

Cheap Hit

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:40 am

of course there's s**t flying around in the sky that we can't identify. do i believe they're aliens? certainly not all of them, but some.

if we're alone, we're a huge waste of space.

some are real, some are bogus.

hmmm. skeptic, but i won't entirely rule out the possibility.

fairy tales =P

a real horoscope is accurate, i believe, not those ones in the newspaper.

they're as valid as you want them to be. i've found them to be good advice tools, both for myself and others.

why should it matter? divination is divination.

psy vamps exist, i don't doubt it. i tend to doubt people who say they are vampires because they're usually angsty teens looking for attention. if the someone is someone well-versed in occult stuff, however, then i generally accept their statement (assuming, of course, that they mean they're a psy vamp and not of the bloodsucking variety).

Nessie's a hoax, but that doesn't mean the others are.

i'm a sucker for a good conspiracy theory, i will admit. The DaVinci Code is bullshit, though.

meh, don't have one.

i think they're just a little TOO ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:37 pm
Jaquiel Charday.
UFO's exist. This is fact. Their origins and natures are still subject to further inspection- inspection I don't really care about at the moment.
Quote:
In so much that the word extraterrestrial applies to both non-corporeal and corporeal beings, I have gnosis that confirms existence. As for corporeal extraterrestrial beings? Couldn't say.

Quote:
Sci-Fi culture's take on demonic possession. Most of it's MR. Dark. Some of it may be clinical delusion. The rest of it? Who knows.

Quote:
Three very different critters. Not sure why you didn't bring them together with unicorns, dragons and gryphons.

Angels- the servants of YHVH, can stay the ******** away from me thank you very much. "Demons" and "Fairies" are in the same boat for the most part. I allow a small amount of wiggle room because there is no definition of these beings supplied. In common parlance, a number of creatures are considered to fall under these two umbrella terms. Some of whom I enjoy keeping on good terms with.

Quote:
If nothing else, surely there are thought forms. As for any innate beings, I personally would rather I never encountered such. I'm not sure if they would consider me a tasty morsel and I have no desire to find out.

Quote:
Like any other tool, they're only as useful as the wielder is skilled. Most people who draw horoscopes suck at it. I consider myself to be slightly above suckage- and as most people (some of whom have been waiting years for me to do theirs) can attest- it takes a bloody long time for me to do the detailed math they require.

A properly done horoscope by an expert is a very interesting thing indeed.

Quote:
Very useful psychological tool that can rely on archetypes to address present concerns. Beyond that, the reader's skill is the most important factor, not the cards.

PS. Whoever colored the Rider Waite deck is ******** blind!

Quote:
Without addressing a specific form of divination, my only qualifier would be that it should be a moral form, and again, it would fall to the skill of the reader.

Quote:
Depends on where the cutoff line for "vampire" is. Historically some people are considered vampires who meet no supernatural definition of the word. Other historical accounts may have been caused by premature burial. As for spiritual beings that folklore considers vampires? I find them repugnant, on both a physical and spiritual level.

Quote:
For the most part- I'm not well versed enough to form an opinion. I do not deny or affirm their existence short of my own personal experiences which are highly limited.

Quote:
Depends on the theory. The Illuminati is likely the remnants of a Hellfire Club, as for the Holy Grail, the metaphorical and actual mythology doesn't really concern me outside of casual personal interest.

Quote:
I consider most of them to be seeking personal autonomy, some of them to be Mr. Darks for the sake of Mr. Darks and others to be delusional.

Quote:
My limited face to face interactions with them have left a less than favorable impression- but I don't hold the whole fandom responsible for that.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:35 pm
Jaquiel Charday.

They exist. Whether or not they are extraterrestrial crafts or super secret government experiments is a question I haven't given much thought to.

Jaquiel Charday.

In other solar systems? Sure.
Microscopic organisms on Mars? Possibly.

Jaquiel Charday.

Bogus.

Jaquiel Charday.

Complicated.

Jaquiel Charday.

Thoughtforms, godforms, etc.

Jaquiel Charday.

Depends on the person doing them.

Jaquiel Charday.

See above.

Jaquiel Charday.

See above.

Jaquiel Charday.

They don't exist.
People claiming to be vampires are either those with over-developped imaginations, engaged in mr. darks, psychotic (as per the guy in germany), deluded or dreaming.
People calling themselves psychic vampires need a better label. One which doesn't romanticise what they're doing. I like the term parasites.

Jaquiel Charday.

Hoax

Jaquiel Charday.

Don't have any.

Jaquiel Charday.

Same as vampires.

Jaquiel Charday.

Have none.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:52 am

They exist.

Never seen one, but it strikes me as odd that we'd be the only planet to have life on it, so they're out there somewhere.

For the most part I'd say it's people just out for a bit of attention grabbing, but I also think there are cases where something really happened to the person (or they think something did) - as to if it was an actual "alien abduction", who knows.

I'm with Tea on this one, so I'm lumping them all together...there have been too many stories over the years to completely discount the existence of any of them. Just because I may not have seen them, doesn't mean they aren't there, I've just never made it a point to seek any of them out. Know what I do, that seems like the best course of action.

Done by someone who has the proper skills, they are fascinating. But if someone doesn't know what they are doing then they aren't worth the paper their printed on (other than possible entertainment value).

What are your views on the validity of tarot cards? What are your views on the validity of other forms of divination?

I stuck these together as well... Obviously I think there are some forms of divination that work better than others, but I think it is going to vary between individuals, and their particular skills. I do think divination is a good tool to use when you are looking for a bit of guidance, but it shouldn't be the "be all and end all" of how you live your life.

Make for great books and movies, but that is about it. People that claim to be one, are either seeking attention or in rare cases may have some sort of medical (either physical or mental) condition.

For the most part I feel about the same way as "mythical creatures", just because I haven't seen them doesn't mean that they don't exist. Though in some cases it's probably more of a case that it may have existed at one point, but now it's just a legend.

Since none of them really affect me in any way, I don't pay too much attention to them.

I personally believe that we reincarnate human to human, but even if someone were "something else" in a past life - currently they are human, and should act like one. Overall, I think most people who claim this are only seeking attention.

To each his own? But otherwise I really don't have one.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:48 am
There are many things that fly that we don't know about, doesn't mean they're aliens though! But ya never know, 'cause that's sort of the point of being unidentified!

Not a chance that there doesn't exist something more that humans in the vastness of the universe! They're prolly keeping well away from us though pissing themselves laughing at the soap opera of humanity!

Someone stole an alien?
Wow AWESOME!

Woah, what are those three doing in the same sentence?
Fairies, depends on what you mean. Gossamer winged victorian fantasies, only as thoughtforms. Other sorts... like Sidshe ******** YEAH HELLO!
Angels.. I wish those nasty bastards didn't
Demons, likewise.

Mythical beasts says a lot don't you think?

Horoscopes, not much. Astrological charting, sure.
Anyone with access to downloading rapidshare stuffs should download "Dave Gormans Extraordinary Astrology Experiment" It's very entertaining!

The Tarot is a marvelous instrument, a wonderful tool and a fascinating system psychology that used correctly and skillfully can be revelatory in many wondrous ways.

Divination is far too personal to the individual to comment on the validity of all other forms. All divination is reliant on the skill of those using them first and foremost.

I can never decide whether I prefere Masquerade or Requiem best!

It's a cultural thing, from a localized culture that I am not a part of.

Depends on the conspiracy.
For the most part though, I find it more entertaining to watch the followers of such theories moreso than the actual roots of them.

DONT GET ME STARTED. YOU WANT ME TO RANT AND MAKE SOMEONE CRY? GET ME FACE TO FACE WITH ONE OF THOSE! ******** FAERIES YEAH RIGHT YER A ******** FAERIE.. Smack to the face! I'll show you a ******** faerie!

A fetish is a fetish, so long as they understand that, I don't mind too much. Some of them are a bit erm... no comment... but most of them aren't too creepy. Also, like all fandoms, there are many who are spurred towards developing artistic ability. Fursonas and suits and all just creeps me out though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:12 am
How come this thread has been necro-ed?

They exist

I'm a big believer in the idea of aliens. I'm very much about the idea that humans are not the be all and end all of everything. They may even have their own gods.
Do they fly here and probe us in painful places? No. You're stupid. Go home. xD

HAHAHAHA WHUT.

I believe all exist to an extent, and utterly loathe the new age interpretation of such. The word demon is subjective though.

Mehhhhh. I don't really know. Misinterpretations of exotic creatures?
Dragons exist maybe, but not in a fire breathing way.

Depends on who is doing the reading, what system they are using and how much astrological stuff they are taking into account.

Great psycological tool. The generic meanings help bring answers to the forefront of ones mind.

Depends on who is doing the reading, and how limited the outcomes are.

Har de har har.
I am a cynic.

In the case of Nessy, see above.

HAR DE HAR HAR PLEASE SEE ABOVE.
I truly have no time for it.

See above.

I have none  

patch99329

Gambling Setzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:27 am

As for ET life, I do believe these beings do exist. However the thought that they'd come here is something I doubt would happen.

Same applies to this as the last set. Although I'm sure a couple lifeforms may have visited, I doubt they'd make contact with any humans.

As for fairies, I think they are do exist on a separate astral plane than our own. As for angels and demons, I think that when a person dies, depending on the state of their mind, either baneful or else wiseelsewhere, another separate entity, such as the fairies are to another realm, inhabit or pass through the spot of the deceased body, and take on the personality and the like. I have the same thing in regarding to ghosts, poltergeists and the like.

Mythical beasts were to me same as the fairies and the like. Just an entity that lives on a separate plane. Some people with gifted abilities in the past merely may have glanced at some of these, and spoke of them in story.

Valid sciences with a bad reputation.

What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views
on people who are/claim to be vampires?

Why would a real vampire claim to such a title unless they are looking for something. Fame, to be feared, etc... I believe that they may exist, but not certain.

Undiscovered creatures. Although, how hard is it to find Nessy in a lake?

Bogus theories made up to cause fear in a secret society no one was in. More like jealousy I guess. "If I can't get in, I'm gonna scare everyone into not joining."

May exist, but no proof otherwise.

Make great video game characters. Other than that, I'm not very knowledgeable in the topic.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:25 am
patch99329
How come this thread has been necro-ed?
twisted Because necromancy amuses me?  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:13 am

There are objects, which we certainly haven't identified, that do indeed fly. So yes, I do believe they exist.

I just wouldn't necessarily say they're intelligent extraterrestrial aliens.

Life is tenacious? And shows up in some crazy places? Like those undersea heat vents. So while I wouldn't necessarily believe that there's a whole lot of life at our evolutionary level or beyond, it seems likely that life is out there.

So far its all looked like hoaxes, delusions and etcetera to me.

I believe that a lot of things are out there, that we haven't quite figured out. I would say the words Fairy, Angel and Demon are descriptions of at least some of these beings. There are some who claim that the Essences and Aspects I work with are "Demons" or "Angels".

So I take the claims of those beings with a grain of salt to begin with and with the knowledge that someone may simply be naming something as well as they can based on their experience.

I think their existence is unlikely. Unless the previous applies.

I have yet to see even an iota of evidence that horoscopes are any bit valid. *shrug*

I've always gotten the impression they were a psychological tool, not quite a magical tool. But my familiarity with tarot is patchy at best.

Chances are one is using a capacity to observe and predict (the human brain is a powerful tool) rather than a supernatural means.

But I am open to the possibility and have some elements of such in Etherism.

There are a few genetic conditions that cause blood issues and a need to take in those materials from an outside source. So I find vampires unlikely as an individual concept and more likely as a misnaming situation. Like dragons.

No real comment.

Probably a load of bullshit. People have extraordinarily active imaginations but very little capacity for realism.

Attention whores who create circular reasoning orientated around our culture's tendency to anthropomorphize animals. We as a culture assign human attributes to animals (craftiness to a fox, wisdom to a snake) that don't truly exist there. Otherkin then take these aspects and act as though them having those aspects themselves means they have some sort of mystical link to that animal.

As the circular reasoning loops and people attack the wholly idiotic claims of otherkin, they defend themselves and their identity through rigid faith, self righteousness and persecution complexes.

It's a remarkable combination between circular logic leading to ridiculous misconceptions and fluffy bunnyism (fitting choice of words really).

Furries are simply individuals who are part of a fandom, regarding anthropomorphized animals, that spans a spectrum from almost fully humanized (catgirls) to barely humanized (wolves that can talk).

Some furries do develop what is referred to as a "fursona" but unlike the willfully ignorant otherkin, the fursona is simply a part of the fandom regarding their particular favorite animal to anthropomorphize.

There are furries who possess an actual sexual arousal from anthro creatures, which I personally find a little gross (beyond the fully humanized things like catgirls) but fetishes are not a problem and I would be hypocritical with my involvement in BDSM to begrudge a safe, sane and consensual kink for anthro art.

I have a few close friends within the fandom so I've asked a lot of questions. ^.^  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff