Submit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Slag10
Melomaniacal

On that note, okay, we get it... you don't like Streetlight. Lots of people don't. But just keep your opinion to yourself, and let other people think what they want about them. If you have to spew your opinion, please be a little nicer about it, or you'll just get angry responses (but I think you know that already).

ive not put any words in your mouth. you just dont seem to understand the implications of what you say

You're right in that I shouldn't have worded it that way, because that's not really what I meant. I meant that you should just be a little nicer about it.

you know you could also keep your opinion of streetlight is awesome to yourself.

Dance

That's the thing... I'm not saying "Streetlight is awesome," I'm saying "I love Streetlight." You guys are saying "Streetlight is total trash."

yeah, thats the same thing. streetlight sucks=I hate streetlight. just like streetlights awesome=i love streetlight. same thing. opinions are opinions, doesn't matter which way you voice them, its obviously an opinion so it shouldn't matter. You just take peoples opinions too seriously.

Dance

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:43 am
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Slag10
Melomaniacal

On that note, okay, we get it... you don't like Streetlight. Lots of people don't. But just keep your opinion to yourself, and let other people think what they want about them. If you have to spew your opinion, please be a little nicer about it, or you'll just get angry responses (but I think you know that already).

ive not put any words in your mouth. you just dont seem to understand the implications of what you say

You're right in that I shouldn't have worded it that way, because that's not really what I meant. I meant that you should just be a little nicer about it.

you know you could also keep your opinion of streetlight is awesome to yourself.

Dance

That's the thing... I'm not saying "Streetlight is awesome," I'm saying "I love Streetlight." You guys are saying "Streetlight is total trash."

yeah, thats the same thing. streetlight sucks=I hate streetlight. just like streetlights awesome=i love streetlight. same thing. opinions are opinions, doesn't matter which way you voice them, its obviously an opinion so it shouldn't matter. You just take peoples opinions too seriously.

Dance

But it's not the same. I, just as anyone else would, get a much different vibe from "Streetlight is horrible" than "I hate Streetlight."

The only reason I'm taking it so personally is because this all started when I was discussing how excited I was to see Streetlight again. At any other time, I would've taken this much lighter. I tell you guys how happy I am, and this is the bullshit I get. How am I supposed to take it? Should I just smile and agree with you? What the ******** do you expect? If you expected anything less than this, then you probably have some thinking issues.

I don't trash talk you when you talk about bands you like, so why should I just take it when you trash the bands I like, and essentially ME because of that?  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 pm
because this is the only band you talk about. go to the band forum and start up some discussions on some other other bands you like.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:25 pm
Slag10
because this is the only band you talk about. go to the band forum and start up some discussions on some other other bands you like.

Um... I have posted other topics about other bands... 5 to be exact (at least on the first page).
But yes, I admit that I haven't been posting in there much. I feel like everything I have to say about the bands have been said already sweatdrop

So, sure, I'll post some more.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:13 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

But it's not the same. I, just as anyone else would, get a much different vibe from "Streetlight is horrible" than "I hate Streetlight."

The only reason I'm taking it so personally is because this all started when I was discussing how excited I was to see Streetlight again. At any other time, I would've taken this much lighter. I tell you guys how happy I am, and this is the bullshit I get. How am I supposed to take it? Should I just smile and agree with you? What the ******** do you expect? If you expected anything less than this, then you probably have some thinking issues.

I don't trash talk you when you talk about bands you like, so why should I just take it when you trash the bands I like, and essentially ME because of that?

you don't talk trash about the bands I like cuz I listen to good music. duh. haha j/k. but honestly. I do expect an argument, I mean its no fun to agree to disagree. plus I don't see what makes streetlight any good. so if anyone could magically show me then that'd be great.

Dance

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:48 pm
how could you not see how streetlight is good? it's compressed talent man. but whatever, the thing that sucks about music in general are fans, the more i think about that the more it sounds accurate.  

YoshiMexico

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:02 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

you don't talk trash about the bands I like cuz I listen to good music. duh. haha j/k. but honestly. I do expect an argument, I mean its no fun to agree to disagree. plus I don't see what makes streetlight any good. so if anyone could magically show me then that'd be great.

Dance

Oh, yeah, there's nothing wrong with a little argument here and there, but your timing was WAY off. That was no time to argue.
And there's nothing I can do to change your opinion about Streetlight, I don't expect to be able to. You don't like them, and you probably never will.

But the reason I think so many people think Kalnoky is such a God is his lyrics. He writes fantastic lyrics, some of the best I've ever heard (and for God's sake, don't call them emo... they're not. They may be emotional and heartfelt at times, but not 'emo'). I'm personally not one of those Kalnoky worshipers, but I have a lot of respect for the man, and he's an inspiration to me as a music writer (amongst other people).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:15 pm
YoshiMexico
how could you not see how streetlight is good? it's compressed talent man. but whatever, the thing that sucks about music in general are fans, the more i think about that the more it sounds accurate.
and streetlight fans are the worst of all  

Slag10

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:51 pm
Slag10
YoshiMexico
and streetlight fans are the worst of all

Aw, how kind of you.

But seriously, let's not generalize. Not once have I met an unfriendly Streetlight fan.
Unfriendly Streetlight haters, that's very common though wink  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Oh, yeah, there's nothing wrong with a little argument here and there, but your timing was WAY off. That was no time to argue.
And there's nothing I can do to change your opinion about Streetlight, I don't expect to be able to. You don't like them, and you probably never will.

But the reason I think so many people think Kalnoky is such a God is his lyrics. He writes fantastic lyrics, some of the best I've ever heard (and for God's sake, don't call them emo... they're not. They may be emotional and heartfelt at times, but not 'emo'). I'm personally not one of those Kalnoky worshipers, but I have a lot of respect for the man, and he's an inspiration to me as a music writer (amongst other people).

I heard the new cd today. 4 songs suck a**. 4 songs are decent at best. and 2 songs are okay, maybe even good if you wanna stretch it.

and uhh. something about a bullet in your lung and dying and song unsung and emowhat?
Oh, and also, I' a streetlight "hater" but I'm plenty friendly. I d love to argue, but that does not mean I'm not plenty friendly.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:02 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

I heard the new cd today. 4 songs suck a**. 4 songs are decent at best. and 2 songs are okay, maybe even good if you wanna stretch it.

and uhh. something about a bullet in your lung and dying and song unsung and emowhat?
Oh, and also, I' a streetlight "hater" but I'm plenty friendly. I d love to argue, but that does not mean I'm not plenty friendly.

Dance

It's not presented as a "oh God, life sucks, baaaah," (emo) way. I mean, what about Reel Big Fish lyrics? Plenty of that is as emo as it gets, but not once has anyone accused them of being anything close to emo.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:18 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

It's not presented as a "oh God, life sucks, baaaah," (emo) way. I mean, what about Reel Big Fish lyrics? Plenty of that is as emo as it gets, but not once has anyone accused them of being anything close to emo.

Reel Big Fish is nothing compaired to Edna's Goldfish.

but the point is, if your music is good and happy sounding and all that, no one really cares if it might be emo lyrics. but whe nyour musics kinda iffy, then they're like. wtf. emo lyrics. f**.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:20 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

but the point is, if your music is good and happy sounding and all that, no one really cares if it might be emo lyrics. but whe nyour musics kinda iffy, then they're like. wtf. emo lyrics. f**.

Dance

Yes, that's very true. But I still say Streetlight doesn't write "emo" lyrics. Sure, they write about death, but they're not whining about life.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:23 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Yes, that's very true. But I still say Streetlight doesn't write "emo" lyrics. Sure, they write about death, but they're not whining about life.

Yeah, but people get rather like OMG HE SAID DEAD. EMO!!!!!!!! hahaha, basically people hear anything close to emo and they scream. and with streetlight, well people tend to just look for things they can hate more and more.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:26 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal

Dance

Dance

Yeah, but people get rather like OMG HE SAID DEAD. EMO!!!!!!!! hahaha, basically people hear anything close to emo and they scream. and with streetlight, well people tend to just look for things they can hate more and more.

Dance

I don't really understand why Streetlight is targeted so much. I swear people go out of their way to find flaws in the band.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff