Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Illegal Music Downloading: Yes or No? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should it be illegal?
  Yes!
  No!
  No opinion
  Don't care.
View Results

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:04 am
punkguitar65
Yeah, I heard and seen the pictures. His foot is really swollen and medically ugly looking sad
Yeah. Must have hurt. I feel bad for him xp  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:21 am
I feel bad for him too.

"unfortunately the rocker boot does not allow for much rocking."

xD Anyone see that?  

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

Teh Toasted E m o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 am
I download off Limewire and Buy music.

If im only interested in one song on an album or something, i'm not paying an arm and a leg for the whole thing when i won't even listen to it.
If music was cheaper then i'd buy it all time.
But it's £10 a piece and if i can download it for free then i don't see the point.
(If that made any sense sweatdrop )
But i buy albums too.
I can't use itunes because of the Dear Mothering, otherwise i'd buy singles off there.

I've never heard of napster o:
What's the website anyone? :'D

I use my ipod for listening to music, I don't even have a stereo anymore.
I'd only buy a CD if i could listen to it the car.
D;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 am
I agree with what Prime said.
And i always buy CD's.
I love them.
I load my CD's into my computer so i don't have to downlad anything.

Fragile Panic

dirty little heart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:49 am
k, so i read a lostprophets interview recently on this subject and i think it kinda sums up my views:

"And finally - give us all one reason why we should buy, and not illegally download for free, the forthcoming Lostprophets album...

Nah, if you dont want to buy it for whatever reason then cool. I understand that not everyone has the money to buy albums. I didnt when i was younger, i had to tape them off my friends and then nick the covers from Woolworths. Id much rather people listen to it for free than not at all. But if you steal it and like it, then come to a show and support us, or wear our teeshirts, or find some way of helping us carry on what we are doing. Even if its just telling friends and passing on CD's or mp3s."

but i do have some other thoughts to add...
like the fact that there are several songs you can get legally and free because the bands want you to listen, sometimes even whole albums (as was the case for NINs latest album) and i have made use of this.
i kinda feel the music industry owes me for going to shows buying merch and telling everyone about bands that they may not have heard of... so i have downloaded some songs illegally/stolen them from my friends but i will always try and buy albums because i just feel theres something so much better about owning the album.
theres also something about my upbringing, my parents are both huge music fans and i think they've downloaded like one song illegally (but only because you cant actually get a legal version) and they own a lot of cds. also with my dad and brother buying whole albums just for one song i guess id do the same if i had the money to...
i think thats about it  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:59 am
There aren't any stores in my painfully small town that sell good cds so if I get interested in a new band i download a few songs and listen to those until i can get the album. I love cds. I usually refuse to buy albums from iTunes because i don't get the actual physical cd (but i bought Pretty. Odd. from itunes because it was going to be quite awhile until i would be able to get to an FYE and i refused to illegally download their music). So i do download illegally sometimes but i mostly buy the cd.  

xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

music is living

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:49 am
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx
I love cds. I usually refuse to buy albums from iTunes because i don't get the actual physical cd. So i do download illegally sometimes but i mostly buy the cd.

Same thing with me. I like need to be able to be like "oh, yeah (inserts artist name)'s newest album...I have it right here" and then be able to bring out like the most beautiful album artwork ever. lol. All my friends are like "whoa...your so old-fashioned" and then I was like "wait until I show you my record collection". lol. I only have a couple of records though that were passed on to me from my grandmother. But they play fine and she has a record player so it's awesome. lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:05 am
I love records...I'm getting the Pretty. Odd. deluxe thingy from their online store and it has a record and the CD, I'm excited.  

xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

music is living

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:35 pm
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx
I love records...I'm getting the Pretty. Odd. deluxe thingy from their online store and it has a record and the CD, I'm excited.

I have the panic record with That Green Gentlemen and When The Day Met The Night on it. lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:29 pm
music is living
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

I have the panic record with That Green Gentlemen and When The Day Met The Night on it. lol.

That is rather nifty. My parents have an old record player but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. But I'm still happy that i will get Pretty. Odd. on a record.  

xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

Other Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces