Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
If you owned a shop... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:23 pm
If I actually had the desire to open a shop I would try to make it more my style. As someone said before, I'd only play good rock music (no new age stuff for me). Janis, Hendrix, Dylan, and whatever else would float my boat.

As for the decor, it would be all bright colors. Pink, orange, red, but mostly pink because I love that color. Lots of (fake...because they don't die) bright colored flowers would decorate the shop. Maybe attempt to make it look like a garden by painting a mural on the walls.

I'd sell the usual things: books, herbs, incense, candles, etc.
A variety of statues or images of deities would be nice too. Along with decent books for the different paths, not just Wiccan or witchcraft books.

Of course, being the photographer, I'd have to sell copies of my nature photography. (note: I don't actually have nature photography right now, but none of this is a real plan, so who cares?)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:24 am
TatteredAngel
It would not be easy, and possibly not necessarily practical, but I'd love in my shopkeeper fantasy to be able to sell fresh herbs. I'm a big fan of fresh over dried. I like all the old-style stuff, but I don't think I could maintain something like that without looking musty. I think it would be really cool to have something modern but not all love-and-light or Hot Topic flavored. Millenium Arkham chic. whee

I bet you could work it with a back room and a grow light.  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:06 am
TeaDidikai
Having separate rooms isn't the most secure thing to do in such a business.
Maybe not, but it's based on a shop I used to go to. Who knows maybe something different will happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:31 am
csolei
TeaDidikai
Having separate rooms isn't the most secure thing to do in such a business.
Maybe not, but it's based on a shop I used to go to. Who knows maybe something different will happen.
Bet their insurance was high.

People who insure businesses like single rooms or numerous employees who can cover the other rooms.

Myself- I want to be able to run the shop alone.  

TeaDidikai

LesbianWetDreams

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:02 am
Owning a New Age shop is my dream. 3nodding
Hmm lets see... I wouldn't want something as big as a warehouse but not as small as a shack. I'd say about the size of most stores at the mall.

Lighting would differ in places. For example, showcase lighting on the gemstones but for the most part industrial lighting.

Color would be soft. Mint green or cream. I want the place to have a relaxing feeling.

I wouldn't burn any special incense since I want all customers. Even those who have allergies or don't like incense.

I would like to have it be a bit spacious. Nothing like a crowded shop.

I would stock just about everything I could. Herbs, Books, Crystals, Jewelry, Incense ect.

It would be awesome...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:19 am
LesbianWetDreams
Lighting would differ in places. For example, showcase lighting on the gemstones but for the most part industrial lighting.
Like florescent tube lights?

Myself, I'd much rather have tasteful incandescent lighting. Maybe something with a hint of the curves of the Art Nuvo period. Rich bronze tones perhaps.

Quote:
Color would be soft. Mint green or cream. I want the place to have a relaxing feeling.
Myself- I'd go cream. Maybe with gold accents.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:28 am
It would be a cross between

http://www.treadwells-london.com/ & http://www.whatsyours.com/host/php/  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:07 am
Threadwells has the aesthetic I would want.  

TeaDidikai

godhi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:51 am
patch99329

The books would have to be approved by me, strictly anti silver ravenwolf! This would be one of the places in the shop where I just would not allow fluff.

I would put the fluff bunny books such as those written by Silver Ravenwolf and Fiona Horne right by the door, in direct line-of-sight from the cash register.
This way I could observe the customer's reaction to the books and know what to expect from them. i.e. if they turn their nose up at Silver Ravenwolf and go looking for serious books on witchcraft and the occult, I know that I can actually have a mature conversation about these subjects. On the other hand, if read the fluff bunny books and take them seriously, maybe I can save them before it's not too late...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:54 am
godhi
I would put the fluff bunny books such as those written by Silver Ravenwolf and Fiona Horne right by the door, in direct line-of-sight from the cash register.
-- if read the fluff bunny books and take them seriously, maybe I can save them before it's not too late...

Yet still be within throwing range of the door when it is too late. Bad marketing, but good practice.  

Maze

LesbianWetDreams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:39 am
TeaDidikai
LesbianWetDreams
Like florescent tube lights?

Myself, I'd much rather have tasteful incandescent lighting. Maybe something with a hint of the curves of the Art Nuvo period. Rich bronze tones perhaps.

Quote:
Myself- I'd go cream. Maybe with gold accents.

With lighting I'd like anything that doesn't make people strain to read or see.

Green is my favorite color. Lime green to be exact but I don't want to blind people when they walk in. I think the universal feeling I want is calming and organized.

Would you have your shop on it's own or in a mall?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:19 pm
LesbianWetDreams

Would you have your shop on it's own or in a mall?

Mall, more customers smile  

patch99329

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:49 pm
My goal at the moment is to open my bookstore cafe befor I'm 30. It would be called Black Cat Cafe. The decor would be in dark purples blues and greens with moons, stars, fairies, and of corse cats. ^-^ I would have 4 seater round tables scattered around in the front (about 4 or 5). Each with a candle in the center. The Register would be between the cafe part and the books in the back.

In the cafe I would have fresh baked cookies, brownies, muffins, and maby cake. I would have caldren shaped soup pot with a soup of the day, and also some cresonts and fresh bread. For drinks; I would have coffie, tea, hot coco, and Witches Brew (hot apple cider ^-^).

In the book store part I would have fantisy books, books on myth, general occult books, and a section of childrens books. I would also have some divinatin tools like tarot, runes, and a magic mirror or two. I would also sell statues and some handmade necklaces and earings, caldrons, and a few besom. Then is a glass case I would have some dagers, swards, and handmade wands.

I wouldn't sell herbs or crystals becaue we already have a store in town that sells those. I would also stear clear of generic goddess worship stuff because there is aslo a store that sells that here allready too.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:32 am
Neko_Bast

Witches Brew (hot apple cider ^-^).

Wouldn't you need to get a liscence for that?  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:35 am
Yep. You do need a liscence to serve food. But you need one to own a shop anyway.

Not sure I would call it "Witches Brew", but that's just me. And I'd never have my shop in the mall. The overhead wouldn't be worth the effort.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff