Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Great Vampires vs Werewolves Debate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Vampire (werewolves next!)
Dracula
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Eric Northman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edward Cullen
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sanguini from Harry Potter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

- I-is-a-Ninja -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:38 pm
Vampires! Although I still like werewolves, just not as much. (Go Twilight!)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Except for Greyback, werewolves always seem more like victims.
Vampires are predators.  

Lady Pole
Crew

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:27 pm
Lady Pole
Except for Greyback, werewolves always seem more like victims.
Vampires are predators.

Not their fault... (Don't you love my new siggy?!? lol!!)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:22 pm
I say hunt them all down.
Well there are a lot of perceptions of both werewolves and vampires. It depends on where you're coming from.
I wouldn't really compare them, though.

aznmaeniiya

Ame damnee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:17 pm
Vampires al the way, but see... i like how they still live like normal humans, and how unless one smiled at you of course, you wouldent tell the difference..if yuou ever read or watch something on werewolves they are, when not shifted, still debted to the werewolves aattributes like more hair and they're usually agressive and bully-ish

idk.. i just like how Vamps can just be suave and non-chalant at any given moment and yea..

Grace > Power  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:05 am
I'd have to say vampires. They are SO much more elegant than werewolves. Plus, werewolves are... ugh... hairy. xp

But still, I do like penguins. Keep with your side Lhia, and you might have a large party of supporters! mrgreen  

Underestimated_Angel

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:43 pm
Underestimated_Angel
I'd have to say vampires. They are SO much more elegant than werewolves. Plus, werewolves are... ugh... hairy. xp

lol rofl xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:48 am
truth to tell, penguins are kinda cute,

and they won't kill me

i hope.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Ame damnee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:10 pm
beaulolais
truth to tell, penguins are kinda cute,

and they won't kill me

i hope.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:00 pm
To me it doesn't matter what you choose as far as Vampires and Werewolves go, just so long as Jim Butcher Writes it!

He has fabulous views on both Werewolves and Vampires, where vampires can be like you said, Dignified and clean, but they are also vampires that are very Bloody thirsty and Gruesome just like Werewolves, and he separates them into Courts. One for Black Court, one for Red, and One for White, and each Vampire court has a didn't ability and a different way to feed from their Victims. White Court is my favorite, they feed as if they are Succubus, and can't touch those who feel true love. Red Feed on Blood, and I forget about Black Court.

He also has different varieties of Werewolf, like how you turn into a werewolf determines what type of class you are. The Loup Garou is someone who inheres it, then theres are Belts that witches can make to wear and turn into werewolf, then theres the werewolves that have been cursed to turn into werewolves. Many many other ones too.

So in this way it's like he's taken every myth and turned it into his own design in which everyone can be happy with what he writes. It's very fantastic if you ask Me. This doesn't even begin to touch on his view of Faeries!

Edit: I also see a lot of mention that werewolves are very animalistic and savage, and very instinctual. I think the instinct factor makes them very Passionate about everything because they live by their Emotions, whereas vampires can come off as Cold and Logical.

However, like I said, I like a bit of both to balance out my Yin Yang xD  

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:25 am
Wow, that sounds like the perfect book/series for me, I was thinking about a world like that XD

As for werewolf passions and vampire coldness... well, I guess I agree to an extent. But I think of vampires as more... human than werewolves. And that they are both cold - werewolves are simply more vicious, making them seem more alive.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:45 pm
I do agree with you. I guess I just admire that vampires can act casual and get away with stuff, while werewolves have no choice but when they go on a killing rampage. *laugh*. The perfect way to sum it up:

Vampires= stare

Werewolves= scream  

Underestimated_Angel

OrionsGift

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:09 pm
Vampires. Werewolves are too hairy for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:40 pm
I prefer vampires myself.  

ice eyes4478

Gallivespian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:54 am
Well, I agree that vampires show a majestic like personality. Like, they are both beutiful and terrifying which makes them very complex characters. But, werewolfs too show this kind of beauty. The way of how they are constantly fighting themself because of the wolf within. Plus, its sort of interesting to see how at human form they totally hate themself, or atleast hate being a werewolf, but then when they change into a werewolf they act like it dosen't matter, like they have accepted it. Its sort of like a Golum thing. (From the Lord of the Rings trilogy.) I think werewolfs are misunderstood creatures that many think they are only in stories to "rip apart people" but, they show another kind of story. A story where they fight themself because of them being werewolfs. Anyway thats just my opinoin.  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff