Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
Vena -- Open Redline/Critique Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.[ Cheesecube ].

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:19 pm
Hey, Vena, I'm back. biggrin

User Image

So.. Well, I want to color this, but I want it to be purty before I do... The head on the long-haired girl is too big, I know, and I've been told I should make them closer together and more passionate; What do you think should be changed?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:42 pm
The girl on the top, her eyes should be a bit lower (more to the center of the head, its on the upper part at the moment) and her forehead out a bit further (it sinks back with the bridge of the nose right now) Her head is sitting on her neck a bit funnily right now, it looks good with the girl on the bottom, maybe try to adjust the jawline of the girl on the top a bit to connect with the neck a bit better.

the lower foot of the lower girl is twisting the wrong way, it should not face upwards. Right now her hips are turning upwards too, but if you show some of the lower girls back it might help perspective overall and kinda match up with the upper girls position a bit better.

For a more passionate position.. I guess here are a couple of ideas hehe

- could have eyes lined up for close eye contact
- could have foreheads touching, resting against each other
- could have faces very very close, touching but just slightly
- one could be stroking the others cheek, face

Im not sure how passionate you want, Im more of a subtle person so I dunno if my suggestions help at all =P  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:13 pm
My three mentees....

I'm going to wait 10 days for any response and if there is none I am going to drop you from my list : O and pick up some new mentees (if any)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:36 am
Ok so I dont think any of my mentees are around anymore, so Im going to clear my list for any potential new mentees.  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:01 am
Hello, I'd like to be a mentee. I need help with anatomy more than anything else. Here's my DA.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 am
Vena
Ok so I dont think any of my mentees are around anymore, so Im going to clear my list for any potential new mentees.

Woah, woah, waittt!!! D>

I haven't been drawing much because I've been really really busy.. I'm in a musical at school and I just haven't had the time to really use gaia or draw.. But I'm still here. D:>

Our last performance is Saturday, so I'll be back and utilizing your skills then, if you'll let me. D:>  

.[ Cheesecube ].

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:23 am
I added you back cheesecube ^-^ I just wanted to see who was actually around hehe.

Apiyo, once you want a critique please post whatever picture(s) you are working on in this thread 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:27 am
Coolio. I just finished sketching a pic right now. I'm working on a zodiac series and I just finished sketching the tiger.

User Image

How's the anatomy and posing and everything. For some background info, I wanted a pose that makes sense and has real personality (spontaneous and ready for anything) not just some random anime girl pose. Don't know how well I avoided it xd .

Another issue is that I don't know how I'd draw her nose so that once I colour it, it still looks right. I normally avoid the situation by only colouring people in atleast a 3/4 view but that won't work. The dot-nose is just there for the time being so I know were the nose is supposed to be.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:00 am
It looks pretty good, Apiyo, maybe the neck is a little thick, and the (our) left arm doesnt completely look like its going behind her back and could be foreshortened more to show that. The style is pretty nice and clean =]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Picure's updated, I added her cloths. Crap! Forgot her tail sweatdrop .

User Image  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

blackmoondrops

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:13 pm
Hi, I'm interested in being your student, but I was wondering if you would teach me about color any. You seem to have good understanding of color, and that's something I would be most interested in because it's what I have the least experience with.
Here's my Deviant Art Page If you'd like to consider me.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:42 pm
Hi. My work isn't too bad but I like seriously need some direction. I'd love to be your mentee. I have a sketchbook in the mentee's thread. (Anpu's Sketchbook) Teach me, teach me. Please....  

Anpu the black Seraph

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:07 am
User Image

I finally got around to scanning this. Can you give me any tips on line weights?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:50 am
Ooooo... Vena I want to be your mentee!

(if things aren't too full already).

Gimma assignments?

My (2) DAs:
http://darknessblueice.deviantart.com (old stuff)
http://dbi-znt.deviantart.com (new-ish stuff, some half-decent Gaia drawings in the scraps section.)  

Mogtoats

.[ Cheesecube ].

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:54 pm
So most of me stuff now is done in traditional media... I'll be taking/uploading photo's whenever I need help. @_@  
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff