Welcome to Gaia! ::

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Back to Guilds

Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
"I promise you'll love it!" ~ Recommended books/games/films Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0mnipotence

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 am
Movies: Old School Godzilla movies

Books: The Mad Arab (im not sure who wrote it. but its the same author as the Necronomicon)

Games: The .HACK// series  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:03 am
TV: Life on Mars (the english version, not the soon to be broadcast american remake)

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:53 am
Kalvaya
TV: Life on Mars (the english version, not the soon to be broadcast american remake)

There's an American remake? what rubbish...no-one can play Gene Hunt like Philip can...no one!!
Life on Mars was better than Ashes to Ashes, but I like the way Gene treats Alex..."one more word from you Mrs fruitcake and I'm gunna hang you out of the window by your knicker elastic!"
lol  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Kalvaya

There's an American remake? what rubbish...no-one can play Gene Hunt like Philip can...no one!!
Life on Mars was better than Ashes to Ashes, but I like the way Gene treats Alex..."one more word from you Mrs fruitcake and I'm gunna hang you out of the window by your knicker elastic!"
lol

You can't beat the Gene genie wink heart

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:38 am
Kalvaya
Shadow__Dweller
Kalvaya

lol

Maybe they won't have the same characters in the re-make...cause I presume they will be setting it in America instead of here...with American songs and everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Most of you guys have probably heard of this but my recommended book is:

Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan

pretty much it's about a kid who steals a vampire's spider that he sees in a circus, it bites his friend, and the vampire will only give him the antidote if he becomes a his half-vampire assistant.
Later in the series he finds that he is a vampire prince who needs to kill the vampaneze lord (and a vampaneze is like a vampire but they drain the victims blood completely unlike a vampire who doesn't harm the victim.)

Kurbis

Newbie Noob

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:45 am
Shadow__Dweller
Kalvaya
Shadow__Dweller
Kalvaya

lol

Maybe they won't have the same characters in the re-make...cause I presume they will be setting it in America instead of here...with American songs and everything.

As far as I know it'll be set a couple of years later than our version, but will still follow the basic plot. In other words they're just going to nick our idea xp I think the characters will be the same in general (just americanized) but will definitely have different actors.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:21 am
Go watch 1408 now. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best person to watch horror films with (See the girl sitting over there? The one who keeps shrieking at the slightest thing in the film? I'm the one sitting behind them with her eyes squeezed shut) but I really enjoyed this.

WARNING

If you rent a copy in the UK or Ireland you'll be watching the Directors Cut which includes the original ending; this was replaced by another ending as test audiences found it too depressing.

Kalvaya

Aelis Mikilai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:02 am
Actually, just watched 1408 last week or so. Can't say I liked it too much. confused Maybe if I saw the Director's Cut I'd like it better....? I tend to prefer the ending that was originally supposed to end a movie (take Butterfly Effect for example.) xp

I actually stare at Okami every time I see it somewhere, but I have yet to pick it up and play it. D: Maybe I'll rent it next time I have some spare change, since, thanks to the glowing review a few posts back, I want to check it out even more now.... sweatdrop

Hrmm.... as for me....

Books: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (one of my favs.) Love= S. King's Salem's Lot.

Games: Oh come on, do I really have to tell you? xd Resident Evil 4 is my obvious fav. Silent Hill 2 is also made of awesome. I also have to mention that I was never able to play an RPG until I tried Final Fantasy XII. Some love it, some hate it, but I'll recommend it anyways. razz

Movies: American Beauty (owns my soul.) Requiem for a Dream = win as well. The Grudge or Ju-On (the randomest things happen to terrify me at times.) John Carpenter's The Thing (sweet-a** pre-CG effects and all sorts of paranoia.) Star Wars (because my soul is damned if I don't mention it.)

Anime: Ghost in the Shell (the first movie; not the series or the sequel.) Serial Experiments Lain (in a nutshell: complete mind-f*$k.) Trigun (simply one of my all-time favs; darker than it may look, btw.)

And, since my post is already two miles long, I'll mention the band I've recently gotten hooked on for good measure. xd

God or Julie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:25 am
Nintenfreak

pretty much it's about a kid who steals a vampire's spider that he sees in a circus, it bites his friend, and the vampire will only give him the antidote if he becomes a his half-vampire assistant.
Later in the series he finds that he is a vampire prince who needs to kill the vampaneze lord (and a vampaneze is like a vampire but they drain the victims blood completely unlike a vampire who doesn't harm the victim.)
ah i have read that series. might i suggest the series of the demonata?, and another good vamp series is the ones by p.c. cast and kristen cast. they are about a fledglinf vamp welli feel like me explaning it will ruin it, the first book of that series is called Marked. heart  

Izlin

Izlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:27 am
games. im currently in D&D WOW and final fansasy(al of then i have right now. still collecting) and animal crossing >.< its just so dang cute and fun xd and old school pokemon, its old and neerdy, but hella fun and addicting. >.< and some of you might like Starocean, its for the playstation. quite fun also razz  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:15 am
felillia
Nintenfreak

ah i have read that series. might i suggest the series of the demonata?, and another good vamp series is the ones by p.c. cast and kristen cast. they are about a fledglinf vamp welli feel like me explaning it will ruin it, the first book of that series is called Marked. heart

Sounds interesting. I always have to order books in my library cause they don't buy books like that stare  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Izlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:14 am
aww thats sad.. ok a book jut read..called city of bones.. ohh it was great!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:02 am
felillia
aww thats sad.. ok a book jut read..called city of bones.. ohh it was great!!!!

I think I may have read that..not sure though..what's it about?  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

0mnipotence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:04 am
The New Movie.
The Forbidden Kingdom.
i seen it twice in one day.
i LOVE that movie.
its great. if anyones gota interest in martial arts/chineese history go see it.
its freaking great.  
† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces