Submit

Cheeto Bandito

Professional Bandit

22,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:16 am
To Pixie: I made a thread for our discussion. It's getting off-topic here in this one. xD

It contains my reply to your last post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:05 pm
Well, I hear some people somewhere else that said death is another step of life. Death is not living, so it kinda made me lol.
Whatever happens, happens.
So why not just live enjoying the things you like or invent something to make others lives better, because NOBODY knows what happens for sure after life.
Sure, your body shuts down then everything stops working.
Once your dead, then what? Sure life will go on.

But there's this feeling I cannot explain, like.."The Chosen One" feeling. Like if I die, I have a strong feeling that I would "live" again in another live perspective like in the future. Each life better than the last.

Tabiosk

Sparkly Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200

Synthetic Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:20 pm
I believe one's consciousness is recycled.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:01 pm
Part of me believes that nothing happens. Your existance just ends and time goes on. I sure hope that's not how it works.

The other part of me (very small part) believes in heaven (my parents are catholic).

And yet another part (this is the most dominant part) believes in reincarnation. You know, when you become another being depending on how you lived your previous life?  

Bittersweet Simplicity

DeeLovee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:52 am
i think when you die, you have a certain type of consciousness.
like youre awake in heaven or hell.
i read this book called Lovely Bones and its about a girl who was raped and killed and it was her perspecitve in heaven.
like i think you will be able to go back down onto earth after death.

either that or life is like reincarnation, and as soon as you die, you are reborn into a new person....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:15 am
Personally, I believe when you die, it's over.
I'd rather hope I am wrong though. >_<

Shryle
Crew

Lilli Ann Hunter

Loyal Genius

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:47 am
deciduzz
"So I have a question for you...."

So what happens when you die? Do you wake up someplace else? what if you don't want to die? is that what ghosts are?

So many questions about death that haven't been answered. Do you go to someplace you love? or just heaven? And is there a small hole that part in the clouds so that you could see earth? I'm not sure. See I'm catholic and all the bible ever says is that we'll go to heaven. But what is heaven really like? I was hoping somebody'd help me

I think Spirituality is something that grows with you as you go along. So it doesn't matter what religion you are. You will go through life, changing your values as you mature.

For now, Catholic religion is fine, but don't let it drown you in fear, and black mail you into not discovering Truths for yourself...

I suppose Death as a physical state is only a physical ending. But with the amount of mental abilities in humans, it's not hard to believe that there's something after death as well.

I don't know how old you are, so I find it hard to explain in a way I know you will understand.

Death is only an end of the physical, but the soul is eternal...
That's why there are concepts such as Heaven and Hell... that's really simplifying the topic to black and white. In reality, everything is in Living colour! so there are no absolutes... Some evils in this world are necessary evil, so that there is a platform for the necessary good... Having so said, it makes everything really confusing...

But personally, I think that Souls are eternal... And when we die, we leave the physical shell behind, and take the experiences we collected with us... as in experiences, promises of love and meeting again, things like true emotions and deep understandings... These things will be like personal treasure of the soul... They will be part of your Soul's wisdom, and your soul's experience...

That's why there are times when you do somthing, and you feel so sure, almost that you remember it somewhere before... meeting someone and you feel they have been in your memory since forever... There can be many soul mates... these are souls of your spirit family... And then there is your Twin Flame... The soul born together with your soul, of the same essence... of the same Love...

With all that going on in the spiritual level..., The Physical plane right now is only a small minute in time and space... So if you're wondering what is beyond this life... I'll say Eternity is waiting. Heaven or Hell will be something you create for yourself... during this life... and when you die, where you end up is totally up to how you deserve to be judged by yourself.

But as a down to earth advice... There's so much to learn and discover in life, that it won't be done in on human life time, so why even waste a minute thinking about Death???

Your questions will be answered when you reach that level of understanding that the answer will stare at you in the face!

This goes for everything in life... Philosophy, Faith, Love... Eternity...

Religion is only a manmade thing... Faith and what you truly believe in will come to you in time, with experience, and with Awakened Wisdom... =this is the wisdom you're already born with... and just need to be remembered.

I believe in Eternal Life, being human is only an experience as this quote so amply express.

"We are not human beings In search of a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings Immersed in a human experience" - Teilhard de Chardin

Write me if you want...

Hotaru  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:14 pm
Mwaaaahahahah and now the facts from a fundamental, evangelical Christian whee

Firrstly, I claim these as the facts of Christianity because, as a strong believer, I don't feel my beliefs are opinions. It's hard to explain because most people would see me as intolerant. But for me, it is a strong knowledge that what I believe is true. I don't believe them because they make me feel good, or comfortable, or smart. At the end of the day I believe them to be true, regardless of my opninion.

Now that that's out of the way!

If you're going to ask this question, and if you're asking anyone, then sooner or later, a Christian may respond. And for us, life after death is a coming home. It is the entering into a joy we longed for all our lives. I personally believe (and right now this part is opinion) that everyone feels that longing. Everyone feels that there is something they have inside of themselves which cannot be satisfied by worldly things - friendships, love, successful careers, etc..

We all take joy in these things, and we should! It's not about hating your life. But there is always that something that eludes us, that longing for we-know-not-what.

Now back the the facts: we pass through death and arrive somewhere else. For some it will be Heaven and for others Hell. The character we build up all our lives will affect where we will arrive.

Heaven is not halos and wings and Hell is not little red demons and pitchforks. Heaven is often perceived as a cloudy place or a grassy place because these are human ideals in many cases. Hell is seen as lots of fire and people roasting because these are a nightmare of humanity, in general. Now the Bible itself does use this kind of language in describing Heaven and Hell but it has usually been understood to be figurative.

After all, when we're talking about what we have never seen, except some people in visions (think of John and Revelations) we must use comparisons. There's nothing up there or down there quite like we could ever imagine.

Heaven is eternity with God, Hell is eternal separation from God. The joys and miseries of each are not what most people in today's culture imagine. It's not like God places all the bad kids in a box of fire and torture, or that all the Heavenly float about on clouds and sing on harps and are bored for all eternity....it's true joy and true anguish...and from the Christian perspective, we are always either choosing one or the other.

As a Christian, there is a life after death and what we do here highly influences our soul...the part of us that yearns for something more than the world can provide.

As C. S. Lewis once said "If you will not eat the only food the universe can provide, you must starve eternally" I am paraphrasing somewhat...

Anyway, something to think about and I hope it helps. As you can probably tell, I love talking about this stuff, so if you or anyone has any questions for me, post them here, or if they go off-topic, feel free to PM me smile  

KingXCabbage

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image{ o3o
I don't know.
Have your body turn to dust?
Wake up in some other body and have no memories of your past life?
Maybe be frozen and awake again when artificial life can be made.
}User Image

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:38 pm
Some people beleive in reincarnation into another and personally thats what I beleive happens. I think that is why you sometimes meet people that are exactly like the people you used to know that are dead.  

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:23 pm
When you die, your body rots and decomposes into the earth, and it then fertilizes the soil, which brings new life...but just in the form of plant, fungus, protist, and bacteria.

You'll get to learn this when you study AP Biology.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:41 pm
Spiritually, my belief is that you go wherever you believe your going to go.

For example, if you envision yourself going up to a heaven in the sky, then you'll go to the gates in the fluffy clouds, etc.

If you believe you will be reincarnated, then that is the truth for you.

If you think you'll become a spirit and wander the Earth watching over relatives and communicating with mediums, then that's what'll happen.

I think everyone's own consciousness creates their afterlife. And I believe that is the whole purpose of belief.
It gives them somewhere clear to aim for when they die, rather than having their consciousness wander around aimlessly for an eternity.

Once they've found the place they were expecting, they will then move on to whatever is next for them. Whether that is reincarnation, a new dimension, another learning journey or whatever else.

Of course, I could be very wrong. xP

Reina-T

auribus teneo lupum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:42 pm
deciduzz
"So I have a question for you...."

So what happens when you die? Do you wake up someplace else? what if you don't want to die? is that what ghosts are?

So many questions about death that haven't been answered. Do you go to someplace you love? or just heaven? And is there a small hole that part in the clouds so that you could see earth? I'm not sure. See I'm catholic and all the bible ever says is that we'll go to heaven. But what is heaven really like? I was hoping somebody'd help me

Well I personally belive in rencarnation
but yeah ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:15 pm
Well... this is a tough question, especially with little scientific proof and such, and I used to always get freaked out when I thought about death, but not so much now. Anyway, I think that whatever you believe in will happen. Christians in near death or "revived" experiences have talked about seeing Jesus and God and such, while others have simply said something along the lines of "I see the light." If you believe that death is nothingness... sort of like sleep (sort of scary when you think about it...), or maybe an atheist or something, that is what death may be like for you. I don't know about ghosts and such... maybe it's a decision some make? I'm a little skeptical when it comes to ghosts...
Personally, I don't want death to be nothingness.... that's really scary, I'm christian, so I'd like to go to heaven, or at least have some sort of consciousness in death, emptiness and eternal sleep is way to scary... Augh, I'm getting the shivers thinking about it, so much for not being scared of death anymore. sweatdrop

Elmihy

Elmihy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Reina-T
Spiritually, my belief is that you go wherever you believe your going to go.

For example, if you envision yourself going up to a heaven in the sky, then you'll go to the gates in the fluffy clouds, etc.

If you believe you will be reincarnated, then that is the truth for you.

If you think you'll become a spirit and wander the Earth watching over relatives and communicating with mediums, then that's what'll happen.

I think everyone's own consciousness creates their afterlife. And I believe that is the whole purpose of belief.
It gives them somewhere clear to aim for when they die, rather than having their consciousness wander around aimlessly for an eternity.

Once they've found the place they were expecting, they will then move on to whatever is next for them. Whether that is reincarnation, a new dimension, another learning journey or whatever else.

Of course, I could be very wrong. xP

wow... I totally agree with you. Nicely phrased by the way. ^^ *thumbs up* (I think I'm feeling a little overly perky today...)  
Serious Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff