Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Eragon, the trilogy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:44 pm
Lonora
Harry Potter canNOT be beat!!!

<.< Harry Dresden could beat Harry Potter's a** any day of the week.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:54 pm
my friend tried to get me to read it but i was like bleh...i have about 20 other books i need to read...she said it was awesome and shes even buying them so i guess its good 3nodding  

Renegade Jarlaxle

dragonfire_kaen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:57 pm
I think Eragon's pretty good. Then again, I'm not exactly picky about the books I read... There's only been a few I disliked, and I read a lot.

What I find annoying is, as said, the fact that he openly... borrowed... a lot of concepts from other authors. Though I think he was more influenced by the Wheel of Time series than LOTR. Instead of Trollocs, he's got "Urgals/Urgles", Brom the storyteller instead of Thom Merrilin the gleeman (kind of the same thing, although Thom doesn't die), Shades instead of Fades, a foster father being badly injured/killed in a raid, etc. However, in the second book he really comes into his own, I think. The cultures and characters are more developed, and I found it much more interesting.

Heh, I'm blathering on again. If I were Aes Sedai, I'd be Brown Ajah for sure. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:10 pm
I've read eragon. and i enjoyed it, but i found it waaay to predictable. i was extremely dissappointed in Eldest. nothing surprised me in that book. except maybe the part with the elves.  

moonjinx

doodlebuggey88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:49 pm
What really kept me from loving Eragon is that it's so plagaristic, not that much original details. Some of the similarities may be unintentional, but there's no way that all of them are. Nonetheless, the style of the books is mildly entertaining. I'll probably eventually read the second book, but I felt no geeky urge to go out and get it immediately.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:06 pm
Only my fourth favorite book of all time. I just really hated how he did the sequal, those of you who have read Eldest, you know which part I'm talking about, involving him and Murtagh. I could have told you that was going to happen before I even finished Eragon. So predictable, and yet, he mannaged to totally ruin it for me, in the way that he made it happen.

However, if you read The Merlin Series by T A Barron, the reason for the dwarf king's throne not being comfy is exactly the same. Except in TAB's version it is a Queen Dwarf, not a King. There were at least three other instances which I am to lazy to look up at this moment, where Mr. Paolini "drew inspiration from".  

Argetlam092

Lady_Altheia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:23 pm
I just picked up these books. I can't wait to read them. I was reading the bio. i am very impressed some the author's age has a best seller book out.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:54 am
I really liked them both, does anyone know when the third one is coming out? Because I can't wait to read it  

nanti

Kissandhuggygirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:33 pm
i literally love those books they rock i sat down and read for two days straight and read both of them i was soo tired afterwards but it was totally worth it to read them all at once!!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:51 pm
Merlinssister
There's supposed to be a film being made of Eragon sometime. I might read it if I ever get through the huge pile of books in my room that I still want to read

i found a site with pictures of the actors!! some of the people were disappointing, but others fit. the voices though... that'll just kill me. i bet none will be what i imagined  

Hakumei_Tenshi

Argetlam092

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:49 pm
I don't think I'd be able to go see the movie. It'd ruin it for me. I'll just stay at home and cry, while eating tubs of chocolate ice cream on the day of the premier.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:30 pm
If they made a movie of Eragon, I probably wouldn't see it. Movies made out of thick books tend to be slaughtered.  

Spirit_of_Song

Saint Rydire

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:18 pm
it is the worst series i have ever read... too many gramatical errors... not enough description... it moved to fast.... it copys from other books... i hate it  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:16 pm
It's good but I've read better...  

fairywaif

saxarat

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:15 pm
iI WORSHIP THESE BOOKS!!!!!!!!! course tamora pierce is better....., but they are awsome.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff